ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What Car - I hate changing cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/505331-what-car-i-hate-changing-cars.html)

SamUK 05 April 2006 12:24 PM

What Car - I hate changing cars

Well, i am now thinking of selling my Boxster and buying another car....though which one..

I was thinking The P1, and then i noticed that EVO 6 / 7 are near the same price also the STI 8 (though allot newer)

What to do?

--Sam

The Chief 05 April 2006 12:29 PM

Fuel consumption will be a shock to you if your coming from a Boxster, my buddy has one and he gets around 30mpg from his - trust me an EVO or a Scoob will be miles worse, i woudl say get an STI and take it to TSL/WRC-Tech or similar

SamUK 05 April 2006 12:39 PM

I know all about fuel...though must say the M3 was the most efficient on fuel when driven on long journeys)

Sorry...Past Car History:

320BHP MY98 Scooby - (Only sold afew weeks back)
M3 Evo - (Only sold afew weeks back)
Corrado G60
Currently also drive the Audi S4 on the weekends which is my brothers which gives near 15mpg...and the Boxster during the week.

Though i was looking for a car for the performance and looks really and i think the P1 looks like the Bomb though so does the Evo...

silent running 05 April 2006 02:38 PM

Get an Evo. You've had some nice motors there, you've already had a Scoob, go for something different. Or go for a left-field choice like a Legacy B4 RSK or a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4.

Dunk 05 April 2006 03:46 PM

Interested to know your findings on ave mpg & tank range with the M3 on long journeys.

D

SamUK 05 April 2006 03:51 PM

M3 was quite good, at a steady speed of 90MPH i drove from London to Cardif and Back to London again, which was little over 420Miles.

All in a Tank of Fuel...

Though the Boxster is only a 2.5L, and is very good in fuel to..but lacks the Turbo :cry: Though sticks to the road and when the back end does go it is easier to get back in control the the M3...

ps: car averaged around 23mpg around town and 36mpg on the motorway..well that what the computer told me anyway..

New_scooby_04 05 April 2006 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by SamUK

ps: car averaged around 23mpg around town and 36mpg on the motorway..well that what the computer told me anyway..

It forgot to 'carry the one' ;) :D

i'd be looking very hard at a nice P1!:norty:

Ns04

Celox Performance 05 April 2006 04:13 PM

If it was me i'd go for an Evo personally and they're better on fuel than a Scooby, just about.

Dunk 05 April 2006 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SamUK
M3 was quite good, at a steady speed of 90MPH i drove from London to Cardif and Back to London again, which was little over 420Miles.

All in a Tank of Fuel...

Though the Boxster is only a 2.5L, and is very good in fuel to..but lacks the Turbo :cry: Though sticks to the road and when the back end does go it is easier to get back in control the the M3...

Thks - Excellent, sounds quite frugal ! Any idea how many miles between services ?

D

SamUK 05 April 2006 04:32 PM

Dunk,

I have no idea...as i did not have the car long, and usually i do the servicing myself...

I am leaning more towards a P1, becasue i have owned a Scooby in the past and know my way around the car..

Also looking at the Autotrader i have noticed allot of traders are selling the car for near £12k / £13K, and privatly they are priced at more.