ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   reduced sugar foods....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/504916-reduced-sugar-foods.html)

sarasquares 03 April 2006 06:56 PM

reduced sugar foods.......

why are the so bladdy sweet?:cuckoo:

kids are addicted to sweet tasting stuff so why make it as sweet as they do?

i had a bowl of sugar puffs earlier that are reduced sugar but they were too sweet:confused:

lightning101 03 April 2006 07:04 PM

You've answered your own question "kids are addicted"

:)

sarasquares 03 April 2006 07:13 PM

i think sweet stuff is too sweet, just wondered why:D

lightning101 03 April 2006 07:14 PM

Kids are addicted to bad/empty carbohydrates, as are most adults, thats why we as a nation are classed as obese :)

brumdaisy 03 April 2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101
Kids are addicted to bad/empty carbohydrates, as are most adults, thats why we as a nation are classed as obese :)

all this good/bad carbo, carbo/protein stuff does my head in when Im trying to buy healthy food. :brickwall

Anyone who understands it all fancy being my personal chef? Cant afford to pay u but just think how good u'll feel helping a muppet like me

hectic 03 April 2006 07:24 PM

Sara .. *most* sugar -free or *reduced* sugar stuff contain sweeteners instead *aspartime*(sp).. and the likes.. thats why they taste sickly swet..;)

hectic 03 April 2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
all this good/bad carbo, carbo/protein stuff does my head in when Im trying to buy healthy food. :brickwall

Anyone who understands it all fancy being my personal chef? Cant afford to pay u but just think how good u'll feel helping a muppet like me

wrong side of Brum for me........:razz: :lol1:

brumdaisy 03 April 2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by hectic
wrong side of Brum for me........:razz: :lol1:

wont they let u into the posh bit?:lol1:

sarasquares 03 April 2006 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hectic
Sara .. *most* sugar -free or *reduced* sugar stuff contain sweeteners instead *aspartime*(sp).. and the likes.. thats why they taste sickly swet..;)

but why are sweeteners so sweet:cuckoo:

:lol1:

hectic 03 April 2006 07:42 PM

to make them addictive to kids;)!!!:razz:

druddle 04 April 2006 12:27 AM

Reduced sugar = increased amount of chemicals to give a sugary taste. Not sure which is worse, highly refined sugar or chemicals (nutrasweet, aspartame, etc).

Stick to a natural sugar (like fructose) or better still a nice complex carbohydrate.......kids love healthy stuff.......

Dave

Jonathan Davies 04 April 2006 09:52 AM

Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than sugar. It's also nasty stuff according some people (most people who aren't making money selling it in fact).

Google "aspartame" - you'll get a load of results about health concerns and another load of pretty web pages telling you it's all perfectly ok.

The industry (NutraSweet was a Monsanto brand for many years) constantly issues pro-aspartame propaganda and rebuttals of independent research, to good effect. Its initial approval in the US was revoked because of cancer concerns.. but then some years later the FDA approved it again, overruling a public inquiry to do so.