ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Which Exhaust for Circa 500HP? APS or Hayward ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/504780-which-exhaust-for-circa-500hp-aps-or-hayward.html)

KK3960 03 April 2006 08:42 AM

Which Exhaust for Circa 500HP? APS or Hayward ??

Just looking for some comparable advice on a decent 3" exhaust to compliment my ongoing mods, Currently running at 367 HP and 350Lbs of torque on my newage WRX but only on a 2 3/4" system which is now at its limit. With 450-500 HP future internal mods planned can anyone who is running around this power advise on a suitable system. Ive had my eye on the APS and Hayward & Scott systems, the twin dump pipework concerns me on the APS system ???

p.s. dont want an outrageously sized tail exit!!

Any advice would be much appreciated, Cheers;)

R19KET 03 April 2006 08:54 AM

Why do you think you're at the limits of your current system ?

Any of the straight through 3" systems will handle 500bhp ++

Mark.

KK3960 03 April 2006 09:01 AM

Hi Mark im only on a 2 3/4" down to 2.5" system at present by Jap Innovations so need a larger one as been told that my current system is a little restrictive due to bore, just cant decide which to go for yet!!

R19KET 03 April 2006 09:17 AM

In terms of performance, they will be similar, so it comes down to looks, sound, and budget.

Looks, and sound are personal preference, so you'll need to look at the various options, and then pick one that's also comes within your budget.

Pretty much all the Jap style exhausts have a large tail pipe, but this also allows them to be fitted with a bung to quieten them down, for long journeys, awkward neigbours, etc'.

Mark.

Midlife...... 03 April 2006 10:43 AM

I'm running a 3" BR Developments downpipe and a 3" Revolution exhaust on my bugeye. Not too loud at all and the tail exit is pretty stealthy too :D

Shaun

360ste 03 April 2006 06:34 PM

Am running a 3" APS with sports cat on my bugeye. Nice sound 4" tail pipe so not to obtrusive. They also do a 3.5" system but with no cat.

Neilo 03 April 2006 06:52 PM

ive got the 3.5" APS but its a bit boomey for motorway driving, im going to see if a bigger resonator can be put in soon.

Ninnybobs 03 April 2006 11:14 PM

Same set-up as Midlife.

Nice and discreet

KK3960 04 April 2006 09:21 AM

Hi again Martin what size tailpipe exit does the BR one that you and Midlife have ??

p.s. you still running on 550's without FPR ?? Couldnt remember what IC setup your newage has also Martin ??

KK3960 04 April 2006 09:23 AM

APS Boys this one is for you!!, any problems with spool / overboost on the Twin Dump setup as ive seen people remove the splitter from the downpipe on the APS systems. Im very interested in the 3 or 3.5" system but wondering if the 3.5" is really required??

Midlife...... 04 April 2006 10:48 AM

My Revolution tailipe has a 4" rolled exit AFAIK and I'm sure ninnybob's is the same :)

Shaun

Neilo 04 April 2006 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by KK3960
APS Boys this one is for you!!, any problems with spool / overboost on the Twin Dump setup as ive seen people remove the splitter from the downpipe on the APS systems. Im very interested in the 3 or 3.5" system but wondering if the 3.5" is really required??

3.5" isnt really required, i have one, but its with the view of going nuts ina couple of years time when the bank ballance has recivered. Ive put everything in place to hike the power later on, also combined with the fact that the 3.5" system i found was available and cheap for what it was, otherwise i would have had the 3" system....

i guess the moral is, 3" if you can get one, 3.5" if one comes up for good money and you dont care ;)

KK3960 04 April 2006 01:54 PM

Yes good moral that !! Thanks Shaun for the info!!

Any Piccies of the APS one on the Car Neilo??

Still not heard anything about these so called dogs danglies Hayward & Scott ones yet!!

Anyone got one ?? Any Comments ??

Neilo 04 April 2006 02:05 PM

i only have a pic where you can see the backbox so not that helpful....ill try and get a pic at the weekend of under the car...