ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Planning on taking my Scoob to LeMans 24hrs (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/504257-planning-on-taking-my-scoob-to-lemans-24hrs.html)

*AL* 31 March 2006 10:34 PM

Planning on taking my Scoob to LeMans 24hrs

Anyone else going?? Just need to get my MY03 Blobeye WRX ran in first as it's currently having a totally rebuid.:freak3:

My mate is also taking his 05 Blobeye WRX, we go every year and love it!!:notworthy .It would be nice to meet up with a few other scooby owners.
We will be camping in Houx Annexe for those familiar.:luxhello:

ARM-Scooby 01 April 2006 06:55 AM

i go every year too! Shall be in a crystal grey 06 in the Karting Nord carpark, i go with a group called www.that-way.co.uk

Would be good to meet up or try and get some of the scoobies down to the piston heads meet on the friday, that is an awesome meet too!

*AL* 01 April 2006 08:42 AM

We'll have to try to meet up...........counting down the days now!

bootsy 01 April 2006 02:08 PM

i'm going on wednesday night and staying on Houx Annexe. been going for 4 year now.all ways staying near the mad roundabout.been going down in a lotus elise this year the scooby get it.

bootsy 01 April 2006 02:12 PM

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=481095
i put some links on this thread a while back for some piston heads video clips to get us all in the mood for going:thumb:

Julian M 01 April 2006 05:56 PM

I'm going, but not in the scoob. Camping in Bleu opposite main Grandstand In between circuit & airfield. Would be happy to meet up for a few beers.

Julian

*AL* 01 April 2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy
i'm going on wednesday night and staying on Houx Annexe. been going for 4 year now.all ways staying near the mad roundabout.been going down in a lotus elise this year the scooby get it.

:eek2: We stay near the 'mad' roundabout too!!! we have most years except last year when we were in MB.(didn't like it) This year it will be Houx Annexe again!
Long shot but we got chatting to a few guys next to us(in Houx Annex) and one of them had an Elise and i grabbed a ride!:notworthy Could this have been you? He was with a guy that goes regular as well called 'Jon', or mad Jon who always seems to strip naked and runs around the mad roundabout!!:confused: :D

bootsy 01 April 2006 07:01 PM

no mate not me but i think i know who you mean nut case with loads of tattoos.we have been staying right next to a lotus owners club(seloc).i think hes with them.im one of the dickheads with the supersoakers running about.the spot we go for every year is opersite the shower block near the roundabout:D

*AL* 01 April 2006 07:29 PM

no mate not me but i think i know who you mean nut case with loads of tattoos.we have been staying right next to a lotus owners club(seloc).i think hes with them.im one of the dickheads with the supersoakers running about.the spot we go for every year is opersite the shower block near the roundabout:D

:lol1: Yeah that's the guy, John with the tattoos! We normally take a 6 berth motorhome in the spot next to the toilet block, obviously right next to you.:)

bootsy 01 April 2006 07:48 PM

that mad. least we have'nt got to far for a scooby meet when you going down we are driving through wednesday night .have you got a plot sorted or are you fighting for a spot as well.

Attu 01 April 2006 08:22 PM

Planning on taking my Scoob to LeMans 24hrs
You wont stand a chance, even with the Audis running Diesels ...unless it rains, then you may keep up in the twisties :)
Joking aside have a great time, i went a few years ago and its an amazing experience and would love to go again some time.

andy

*AL* 01 April 2006 10:35 PM

that mad. least we have'nt got to far for a scooby meet when you going down we are driving through wednesday night .have you got a plot sorted or are you fighting for a spot as well.

We will be leaving wed morning getting the ferry or eurostar then on to LeMans.Hopefully all well i'll see you there!:luxhello:

*AL* 01 April 2006 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Attu
You wont stand a chance, even with the Audis running Diesels ...unless it rains, then you may keep up in the twisties :)
Joking aside have a great time, i went a few years ago and its an amazing experience and would love to go again some time.

andy

lol, yep a diesel Audi that'll be interesting.............i'll try to keep off the track though.:norty:

bootsy 01 April 2006 11:23 PM

think i'll try finding the race this year:D

ryn004 02 April 2006 10:29 AM

Which country is Houx Annex? If midway of europe I might consider coming up next year.

*AL* 02 April 2006 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ryn004
Which country is Houx Annex? If midway of europe I might consider coming up next year.

Houx Annex is a camping area at the 24hr curcuit in LeMans France.:thumb:

bootsy 02 April 2006 10:56 AM

just look for the beer bottles walls and england flags

DanUK 02 April 2006 11:06 AM

We're going on the Wednesday, camping in Chapelle at the base of the Dunlop Bridge.
Roll Call if all goes well will be:

My Scoob or Evo
MY01 WRX
Evo 6 GSR
Evo 7 GSR
Evo 8 FQ300
Luggage hack, Zafira VXR or similar

You guys should pass us so stick your heads in and say HI! Def down on the mad Houx Annexe roundabout on the Sunday night

I'll probably end up buying a UK300 or UK STI

bootsy 02 April 2006 11:11 AM

i'll keep my eyes open for you dude

bootsy 15 April 2006 12:30 AM

only 63 days to go(i think):luxhello:

mr incredible 15 April 2006 10:33 AM

only 63 days to go(i think):luxhello:

Another chalk mark on the wall!!!:thumb:

ARM-Scooby 15 April 2006 10:42 AM

I am leaving from the midlands on Tuesday, around 3am, heading to Dover and meeting a few other cars from the London area. We will then be heading for Le Mans, hopefully arriving mid afternoon.

There will be:
06 STi
Mk 4 Golf
BMW or Jag
RX7
VX 220
Classic scoob
Exige or cooper s
A couple other cars
then the all important van

bootsy 15 April 2006 10:58 AM

where you camping

ARM-Scooby 15 April 2006 05:17 PM

karting nord, near to the go kart track

davedipster 15 April 2006 05:45 PM

Going this year and camping at the porsche curves.

Top time last year, just hope it's not so dam HOT!

dipster

poo2y 15 April 2006 06:28 PM

We're going again this year , taking the scoob for the 1st time . Really looking forward to the drive down :norty: . Camping at beasejour . Going to get to see some of the race this year hopefully ! Must go to the crazy roundabout after seeing the vids on the other thread :D :D Nigel.

bootsy 15 April 2006 06:57 PM

http://www.pistonheads.tv/video.asp?id=394&nr=1 just a little something to
look at.
the round about is well worth a look dont forget your supersoaker/beer

*AL* 15 April 2006 07:03 PM

http://www.pistonheads.tv/video.asp?id=394&nr=1 just a little something to
look at.
the round about is well worth a look dont forget your supersoaker/beer

We'll have to meet up Bootsy as you obviously know the the 'crack' with the mad roundabout by Houx Annex!!:lol1:

I'll be taking my MY03 WRX and my mate will be taking his MY05 WRX, we are going on the 08.28 tunnel crossing on the thursday morning and camping in Houx Annex by the infamous roundabout.Come and have a beer or 2/3/4/5:norty:

bootsy 15 April 2006 09:49 PM

well up for it mate.by time you get there my beer will be cold and tent up so frist beer on me ( think i'm becoming obsessed with le mans or i just need a holiday):luxhello: :D :D

*AL* 16 April 2006 01:57 AM

well up for it mate.by time you get there my beer will be cold and tent up so frist beer on me ( think i'm becoming obsessed with le mans or i just need a holiday):luxhello: :D :D

I'll hold you to it!!!..........:luxhello: