ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Had enough of Orange - best network/deal (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/503744-had-enough-of-orange-best-network-deal.html)

The Zohan 30 March 2006 07:20 AM

Had enough of Orange - best network/deal

We just cannot go on with Orange, last straw was speaking to some muppet in a call cantre in Dehli and having to repeat ourselves three+ times to get understood then still getting the wrong info. This is just the lastest in a long list of problems with Orange so after 12 years we are moving to another network.

So which network does not treat you like a cnut
Which network is offering the best deals on packages at the mo - please do not let it be Orange

Many thanks

jasey 30 March 2006 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
So which network does not treat you like a cnut

You've more chance of finding Elvis ;).

After having enough of Orange I went to O2 - Nothing gone wrong yet - but I'm sure their "Customer Service" will be as ****e as anyone else's nowadays !

grasum 30 March 2006 07:42 AM

personally i feel this is the best

I used to work for a certain phone shop and personally the Flex T Deals with T-Mobile are the best! for £35 per month you get 900 mins any network any time plus their customer care are based in the UK and i find second to none, I think also if you go through their web page you get 25% off for the term of the contract! its a good deal if you are a talker and a texter!!!!! just look at the web page!!!

Graham

ScoobyDoo555 30 March 2006 08:08 AM

Depends what you want, but I saw the light with Orange years ago (after they managed to be rude to both my wife and I at the same time - end result? Accounts moved!)

O2 were ok tbh.

Then moved to Vodafone, and I speak as I find, but so far, the service has been EXCELLENT. A1 customer service and sales.

Got anytime 75 option with "stop the clock" on a Nokia N70. Wifey had the same with a D600.
75 mins anytime. 100 texts. "Stop the clock" operates off peak, where if you use over 3 mins of your allocated 75, the remaining 57 of that call are free.

Works very well indeed.

All for £16 per month. (18 month contract)

Dan :)

Mungo 30 March 2006 08:23 AM

Wouldn't touch T-Mobile with a bargepole - we've just ditched them for Orange!! I think they're all as bad as each other.

Grasum - £35/month?!!! That is a HUGE amount of cash. One of the big problems these days seems to be a total lack of "light user" contracts for, say, £15 a month.

2000 sport 30 March 2006 08:30 AM

used to work for t-mobile, and had to visit their headoffice and call centres on a monthly basis, on the whole they are useless..

if your after customer service then get a contract on virgin ! can't be beaten, and prices are very good too, look at www.e2save.co.uk

OllyK 30 March 2006 08:33 AM

If you want good customer service on mobiles I'm afraid you'll need to resort to two yoghurt pots and a length of string and maintain it all yourself.

boxst 30 March 2006 08:36 AM

Hello

Vodafone are generally the best network, with Orange giving them a run for their money. If Orange service is going down hill, then that leaves Vodafone to reign again.

However, Vodafone tend to be more expensive than others.

Steve

grasum 30 March 2006 08:53 AM

at the end of the day its what i feel is best for me i used to experience all the networks and i always found t-mobile was one of the best! anyway i have said my piece, the choice is yours!!!!

Graham

kingofturds 30 March 2006 09:21 AM

I rang orange yesterday to cancel my contract after i had an incoherent Indian rambling down the phone at me claiming to be from orange. They were very apologetic saying that this crazy fool was nothing to do with orange and offered me a new phone free of charge even though i have 2 monthe of my contract left.

http://www.clubmobile.co.uk/global_i...large/c600.jpg

Now have this baby turning up today:D

paul-s 30 March 2006 12:38 PM

I got 60 quid cash to walk out of fones-4-u with a w900i, 20quid line rental, 350 x-net mins and stop the clock 7pm-7am + weekends (any call up to 60 mins only takes 3 from your allowance)

Jonathan Davies 30 March 2006 01:22 PM

I left Vodaphone for Orange!

Voda wouldn't upgrade me (after 2.5 years) and happily acknowledged that I could get a much better deal if I moved. So I did. Been on Orange for 1.5 years now - I'll see what they offer me soon.

Scooby Soon! 30 March 2006 01:25 PM

Orange have gone down hill a LOT, i used to phone up and nothing was too much trouble. Now everyone I speak to is unhelpful, the upgrade deals are almost non existent and they no longer offer the best value. So I (and every single other person I know who uses orange) are moving to someone else.

As above the Flext tarrifs direct through Tmobiles website can not be beaten by anyone!

EXSCOOBY 30 March 2006 01:57 PM

upgrading ?
sod that just threaten to cancel and see what they offer to keep you
failing that just moooove

The Zohan 30 March 2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by EXSCOOBY
upgrading ?
sod that just threaten to cancel and see what they offer to keep you
failing that just moooove

Orange could offer me free blow jobs for a month and i would still cancel, if fact we have cancelled as of this morning with a terse email sent to the exec offices at orange