ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PSP down to £149.99 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/503535-psp-down-to-149-99-a.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 29 March 2006 12:08 PM

PSP down to £149.99

Didn't take long for them to drop the price then. Its such a quality piece of kit I don't know why sales are doing so bad for them to have to drop the price by £30? Mind you could do with some decent new games and Sony to pull their finger out with Gran Turismo mobile :rolleyes: September is the latest release date I have heard for it now.

Also seen Xbox 360's in stock at lots of places now at the normal prices, ie £289 for the premium pack. Seems demand for that has fallen away now as well.

drjsd 29 March 2006 12:47 PM

Going on holiday for 2 weeks so gonna get one at some point. Just not sure whether to wait until I get to the airport, or get one when I get out to Canada and then claim back the tax. Not entirely sure which would be cheaper, tax free or buy here or claim back the tax?

Either way, got to take the plunge now. Stick it on the never never and wait for pay day :D And £150 is a steal when I think what my mate paid for an import 18 months or so ago!

DrEvil 29 March 2006 12:55 PM

FYI - spotted the 2GB sony mem sticks on pspworld.co.uk for 66 quid - only issue is they are preorder at the moment....

rfowler 29 March 2006 12:57 PM

anyone know where i can get a psp 1.5 version from, cant seem to get one from no where for money or love

Mogsi 29 March 2006 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by DrEvil
FYI - spotted the 2GB sony mem sticks on pspworld.co.uk for 66 quid - only issue is they are preorder at the moment....

It's worth looking on Ebay, quite a few knocking around cheaper than that....

Jake 29 March 2006 01:49 PM

But the £150 one doesnt have a case or memory card, so doesnt really work out any cheaper.

Bravo2zero_sps 29 March 2006 01:53 PM

But who wants the standard case, headphones and memory card? Most people bin them and buy decent ones of each anyway.

Jake 30 March 2006 09:16 PM

Can you surf the net with one of these?

Bravo2zero_sps 30 March 2006 09:19 PM

Yes as long as you have access to a wireless internet connection.

Jake 31 March 2006 03:37 PM

Whats Virtua tennis like? just bought this for £14 even though I dont have a psp [yet]!

Mogsi 31 March 2006 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
Whats Virtua tennis like? just bought this for £14 even though I dont have a psp [yet]!

I really enjoy it, one of the better games on the PSP IMO..... Can be a little bit laggy at times but does't detract from the game...

GaryK 01 April 2006 07:45 AM

Anyone play 'homebrew' on their psp? I am looking at getting one but Im interested in some of the ports of games like doom and quake as well as emulators but it seems the later the firmwire the less likely its acheivable, any thoughts comments?

Gary

Dracoro 01 April 2006 09:10 AM

The prices have dropped as nearly all consumer electronics do. All the people who 'must' have one as soon as they're out have all bought theirs and all that is left is people who 'might like one' but don't want to pay a premium and the prices drop to reflect this.

I'd be tempted when they get to £99 which they WILL at some point. Besides, they make their money on the games sold rather than the console/handhelds etc.