ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   HELP lost my car keys (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/502598-help-lost-my-car-keys.html)

vava voom 25 March 2006 06:59 PM

HELP lost my car keys

I lost them last night and cant find them, been calling locksmiths out but they all say due to the vehicle being a 1998 BMW they can not make one:cry:

Does anyone know of a company who does make them? if not then does anyone know how much BMW are going to charge me?:confused:

What a crap weekend its turned out to be :brickwall

Bubba po 25 March 2006 07:04 PM

It's likely to be a couple of hundred quid, I reckon. :(

Gutmann pug 25 March 2006 07:18 PM

Have you not got a spare?

SteveScooby 25 March 2006 07:23 PM

Might be cheaper to get a new set of locks from the scrappy? :wonder:

lightning101 25 March 2006 07:32 PM

My old M5 came with 2 keys plus a plastic master and code generator that you were to keep in a very safe place :)

Northern Scoob 25 March 2006 07:33 PM

new keys will be a few hundred quid - you should be able to get them to fit your locks - dont quote me plus they'll need to be recoded to the car itself immobiliser etc

Phil

Bubba po 25 March 2006 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101
My old M5 came with 2 keys plus a plastic master and code generator that you were to keep in a very safe place :)

Five long years he kept that uncomfortable hunk of plastic... up his ass.....

:lol1:

lightning101 25 March 2006 07:37 PM

:lol1:

Gulp Friction :eek:

paulr 25 March 2006 07:41 PM

I needed a set of replacement keys for my 2000 BMW,was quoted £497 from my local main dealer:eek:

vava voom 25 March 2006 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by paulr
I needed a set of replacement keys for my 2000 BMW,was quoted £497 from my local main dealer:eek:

Fcuk me sideways:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

vava voom 25 March 2006 09:24 PM

Just bought the M5 so no spare keys given :(

eldudereno 25 March 2006 11:38 PM

You can get an E39 remote key from a dealer for approx £100...you'll need to take your reg document with you and some other ID...it'll take a couple of days though. :)

simo 26 March 2006 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by vava voom
Just bought the M5 so no spare keys given :(

did the person keep the spare so they could nick the car back from you :(

J4CKO 26 March 2006 09:12 AM

Nah, had a look, they arent here, sorry.

Good luck with finding them, retrace your steps, I found mine in my mates car, I rang him to check if they had fell out, he looked he said they werent there, a week later he appeared with the keys looking Sheepish, I suspect that you cant find keys in a car by just looking from the living room window at the car and visualizing whether there are any keys in it which is what I expect the lazy f*cker did, luckily, had the spare ones in a safe place, when I eventually found the safe place I could use my car again.

Lost my wallet the other week, bought a new one, luckily my Switch card was in my pocket all the time so life could continue, bought a new wallet and then found the old one in my rucksack but in the front pocket I dont use, I had been carrying it around for three weeks, durr.

Paul3446 26 March 2006 09:43 AM

Still at least it's only a BMW, imagine if you had a decent car like a Subaru, then you'd really be upset. :)

lightning101 26 March 2006 10:17 AM

Trying to think of subaru thats 'better' than an M5 :wonder:

Paul3446 26 March 2006 10:28 AM

Trying to think of any BMW that isn't dead common and associated with complete wankers! :lol1:

lightning101 26 March 2006 10:29 AM

That'll be the M5 then, I used to own one, please feel free to call me a wanker :mad:

Paul3446 26 March 2006 10:32 AM

Sorry mate, just what I think every time I see any BMW, I can't help it!

Just cars for people with too much money and no imagination, but it's nothing personal. :)

lightning101 26 March 2006 10:34 AM

I think the subaru has one of the worst 'chav' images ever, noisy exhaust, people looking at you like you are a 17 year old boy racer with a blinged up corsa etc.

I bought my subaru because its the cheapest 4wd turbo'd car to run and is a lot of fun. But seriously, its an ugly ******* of a car. :lol1:

Paul3446 26 March 2006 10:39 AM

If I had that opinion of a car I wouldn't go out and buy one. :lol1:

Which is why I don't have a BMW.

I've got the only Subaru in my works car park, there are about 10 BMWs, just too common for me.

vava voom 26 March 2006 11:40 AM

We'll ive been up since 5AM:cuckoo: looking and traceing my steps but can not find the fcuker:cry:

Ive even gone as far as walking down the same street as i did yeasterday but nothing:(

If i get BMW to make me another one how will they programme it when 1) cant take the car to BMW and 2) they can't get in the car??? any idea's chaps :wonder: :wonder:

As for why i have the BMW??? well lets just say i have been a Scooby owner for many many years and i do love the Subaru BUT when you get behind a wheel of a M5, the Subaru just seems childish:lol: :lol:

Plus Subaru now seems lite the XR31 CHAV car to have:Whatever_

paulr 26 March 2006 11:45 AM

Was only kidding about the £497 btw.

;)....

vava voom 26 March 2006 11:51 AM

Thanks for that Paul, was just about to place the family on E Bay haha:norty: :luxhello: :lol1:

paulr 26 March 2006 11:56 AM

Check ,pockets,clothes in wash,garage,garden,sofa,top of cupboards,jackets,coats,bed,all drawers,bags if you've been out shopping.

vava voom 26 March 2006 12:00 PM

Checked, checked and double checked! was in my other house and ive turned that upside down last night, checked my scooby front and back and now im just sat her drinking my cup of tea trying to get a grip on things:freak3:

Have even called out the AA who were no help and now im having to drive my scooby to my mums :norty:

MattW 26 March 2006 12:06 PM

Checked with Police?

TopBanana 26 March 2006 12:08 PM

Someone might have handed them in to the cop shop?

Edit: darn

mad_dr 26 March 2006 02:18 PM

What BMW is it Vava Voom? I saw that it's a 98 but haven't read the whole thread. If it's a 1998 3 series, I've got a full set of locks and keys (including all the immobilser transponder modules etc) from a 1998 323i Coupe.

Mother's handbag was snatched and then later found (with keys etc) but - as a precaution, we had all the locks, keys etc changed on the insurance. The bill from BMW was over £550 inc VAT.

If I remember, one of the handle escutcheons could not be removed (design feature I believe!) but the rest is there and - obviously - it's all legit - I've got the parts requuisition invoice from BMW sat here.

I can take photos of all the bits if you want them. I was going to list them on eBay for a couple of hundred but - if you're in a bind, I'd be happy to come to a quick deal if it helps you.

It's got both door handles and mechanisms, boot lock, ignition barrel, 3 BMW branded keys, transponder thing etc. (It's a lot of gear hence the price they charge I guess). It all looks pretty simple to fit too)

Anyway - drop me a PM if you're interested and I can sort out fast shipping or pics.

vava voom 26 March 2006 03:42 PM

Sorry Doc, its a 5 series, i imagine the locks you have wont fit?