ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Should I sell my Turbo? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/50236-should-i-sell-my-turbo.html)

Big Lee 20 October 2001 03:16 PM

I`m trying to sell my Terzo at the moment. Sometimes I can`t wait to get rid of it & other times I`d rather keep it. Its done 31k miles, FSSH, Scoobysport box & PIAA lamps. Its in great condition. The only reason I want to sell it is all the money I have tied up in it, its paid for by the way. Its reliable, looks smart sounds great & its the newest car I`ve owned.
So.....should I sell it?
If so, why?
If not, why?
Please help me it`s driving me up the wall :(
The only complaint is that the bloody back seat doesn`t fold down :) at least I dont think it does.

pslewis 20 October 2001 03:39 PM

Keep it - enjoy it - you couldnt sell a 'get out of jail free' card to Bin Laden these days!!

Nothing but nothing is selling

Pete

Bajie 20 October 2001 04:37 PM

If you can honestly say your only complaint is the back seat, you're laughing. Sit in the front where you belong and the problem is gone.

Steve Perriam 20 October 2001 04:59 PM

wot would u buy instead ?

how much money would you save and not have tied up in a car ?

sKunk 20 October 2001 06:26 PM

The only person who knows whether you should sell it or not is you dude.

MarkF 20 October 2001 06:44 PM

Lee you've been considering selling it for ages mate. If you haven't made your mind up yet, you obviously can't want to sell it. Enjoy....

yhe chod 20 October 2001 06:49 PM

KEEP IT ,youl be glad you did.

Carlos The Jackel 20 October 2001 08:25 PM

Should I sell my Turbo?

Your car will be a lot slower without it!

Sorry, i couldn't resist:D

Back to Muppetland

WREXY 20 October 2001 09:58 PM

Keep it!!!!! Unless you want to upgrade to say a P1 or an STI or a 22B or maybe an EVO V1 or V11 ;)

Cheers,

Wrexy.

Spudgun GTR 20 October 2001 10:47 PM

you'll sell it, take a caning in depreciation, buy something that will be dissappointing, then buy another scooby, you'll miss your terzo, and wish you'd never sold it in the first place;)

is it the money, or is there something else bugging u about the car?

Rebel 20 October 2001 10:49 PM

I just traded in my Landy for a Scooby (sounds weird) and lost about £2500, also the insurance people are *******s and steal a ton off you too. If you really think you can handle the loss, trade it in for a new one!

Brendan Hughes 21 October 2001 06:55 PM

My Terzo back seat p'd me off, too. Apparently you can't fold it, only remove it. Wits may laugh, but I was renovating a house at the time, and it ain't funny when you've no income to hire another car, or nearby friend with an estate to nip out for second-hand furniture. I sold it, and lost 10 grand in 14 months. But my sale was a must - I was moving from UK to Portugal.

Can you perhaps swap it for a 5-door to someone who wanted a 4-door but only managed to get a 5-door at the time? (2 yrs ago, when I bought mine, there were less 4-doors around).

Good luck
BJH

Big Lee 24 October 2001 06:57 PM

Thanks guys :) Looks like I`ll keep it/am stuck with it :D for a while longer.

robs 24 October 2001 07:56 PM

If you're really considering getting rid of it, may I suggest you try driving some alternatives first - what are you thinking of trading it in for?? Mine went into the repairers today, and they've given me a Clio as a courtesy car. Try one of those for a couple of days (minutes even...)....soon change your mind...

Big Lee 25 October 2001 07:32 PM

You`re right Robs, I`ve got access to a few cars ,dads, g/f`s in laws etc & they`re all crap :D :D It`s just all the cash sitting in it that I`m bothered about cos unlike some people who are used to new expensiveish cars I`m not. The most I spent on one before this was £4500 so after seeing all my savings in it I`m getting cold feet :D but never mind at least I can just about afford to run it :)

Mick 25 October 2001 11:29 PM

Hows about seeing if you can get the rear seat bits from a scrapper to do the folding thing? :D

Mick

Big Lee 26 October 2001 07:31 PM

Good Idea Mick, I wonder what is involved in doing them?

Brendan Hughes 26 October 2001 07:39 PM

Mick, why did you never suggest that to me a year ago?;)

I'm no expert, I would think that any 4-seat MY98 seats, normally folding, should fit.

Only problem is the covering. The Terzo's got Alcantara, which I though was excellent. Can you successfully transfer it to, or recover in a matching way, the new ones?

BJH