ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Got the wxxxxxs sign for overtaking on slip road (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/501765-got-the-wxxxxxs-sign-for-overtaking-on-slip-road.html)

Gutmann pug 22 March 2006 01:06 PM

Got the wxxxxxs sign for overtaking on slip road

Laughing alot now, roundabout to join the dual carriage way by my house. Follow some merc mini people carrier thing round it, accelerate to pass on the 1/4 mile two lane slip road. I can see him doing the same, there can only be one winner and its me by about 10 car lengths, join dual carriageway look in mirror and matey is sat behind gesticulating and pointing towards the hard shoulder ....... Ok fair enough, I pull into layby 300yards up the road, have a few words with eachother, none of them repeatable on here, he gets back in his car shaking physically and drives off .......

Normally I wouldnt have stopped but that revved me up as I had done nothing wrong ..... The world is full of dipsticks .....

gary

watto52 22 March 2006 01:09 PM

a bloke in an A class merc...............?

SiPie 22 March 2006 01:12 PM

Thanks for sharing that Gary :confused:

Gutmann pug 22 March 2006 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie
Thanks for sharing that Gary :confused:

Just amazed me thats all .....

davyboy 22 March 2006 01:18 PM

So what did he think you had done wrong?

I am assuming the slip road had 2 lanes?

speedking 22 March 2006 01:18 PM

Not uncommon.

I too have had the flashy lights thing after overtaking quite safely on a two lane slip road. Then repeated on the motorway. Thought there must be something wrong with my car as otherwise the behaviour seemed completely illogical. Exited at the next junction but couldn't see anything :confused::rolleyes:

Karl 227 22 March 2006 01:22 PM

If he'd have beaten the crap out of you with a lead pipe and prevented you from delivering my tea bags to me next week I'd have beaten the crap out of you with a lead pipe :mad: Stopping and getting out was stupid :nono:

Gutmann pug 22 March 2006 01:31 PM

Yes it has two lanes davyboy, top of my road joining the A303, you know the one .... about where the flat tyre which cost you £500 became apparent :D
No logical explanation just a load of abuse about overtaking on a slip road ....

Karl sometimes the foo foo valves goes and there is no stopping it. Much the same as you with Fritz the ice cream seller.

Karl 227 22 March 2006 01:33 PM

Yes but Fritz had a 99 with a flake, I had a pool cue :D

davyboy 22 March 2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
.... about where the flat tyre which cost you £500 became apparent

...I know the place :(

OllyK 22 March 2006 01:36 PM

The same may happen to me, but by the time I join the main carriage way I'm too far ahead to see if their gesticulating or not :D

New_scooby_04 22 March 2006 01:37 PM

Laughing alot now, roundabout to join the dual carriage way by my house. Follow some merc mini people carrier thing round it, accelerate to pass on the 1/4 mile two lane slip road. I can see him doing the same, there can only be one winner and its me by about 10 car lengths, join dual carriageway look in mirror and matey is sat behind gesticulating and pointing towards the hard shoulder ....... Ok fair enough, I pull into layby 300yards up the road, have a few words with eachother, none of them repeatable on here, he gets back in his car shaking physically and drives off .......

Normally I wouldnt have stopped but that revved me up as I had done nothing wrong ..... The world is full of dipsticks .....

gary

Well I'm sorry Gary, but you are clearly at fault and deserve a good dressing down!!! :nono: :nono: .
I mean, overtaking a Merc, what were you thinking!!:lol1: Don't you know, drivers of humble cars must NEVER have the audacity and bare-faced cheek to try and get in front of a Merc!! Honestly, what's the world coming to!?!? ;) :D :D

I'd like to tell you what the owner of an A Class shouted at me during a perfetly safe overtaking move on an A road the other day but 1) I was gone too quickly 2) Hard to hear abuse over a H&S exhaust! :lol1:

Still, all is well that ends well: he concluded his outburst by offering me a cocktail when we chanced upon each other at a set of lights later in the day........at least, I think that's what he was gesticulating! :lol1:

Ns04

2000TLondon 22 March 2006 01:42 PM

Why did you get out? That's pretty daft. The best thing to do would have been to pull in, let him get out, march over to your window and drive off waving to him!

richs2891 22 March 2006 01:47 PM

I will over take in either lane on slip road (joining motorway), if I judge the other persons speed innsufficient to join motorway safely.
If they flash I mostly ignore it.
Would not bother getting out and try to explain there lack of ability to drive. I'm not taking the risk (Police force is for that), And not wasting the fuel on them !

Richard

Gutmann pug 22 March 2006 01:52 PM

Sometimes your body overtakes your brain im afraid ...... 100 people could tell me not to do it again but on the wrong day in the wrong situation and its gonna happen.......You dont walk away from every arguement you get into do you?

Besides if he whacked me I would be in for a few quid as it would be assault :D :D

Dream Weaver 22 March 2006 01:56 PM

You dont walk away from every arguement you get into do you?

No, I run :lol1:

What car were you in Gary?

SwissTony 22 March 2006 01:57 PM

agree with the waiting til he came to your window, then leg it, waving your own cocktail shaker at him.

but just make sure you dont
a)run out of fuel 1/2 mile down the road
b)get caught out lights further down the road

as he might be in better mood.
some ppl are just plain ass-holes..no better explanation

Gutmann pug 22 March 2006 02:00 PM

Dont worry, if he looked like an ape when he got out of his car I would have been on my way again. Im stupid but not suicidal....

same as yours but a better one DW :D :D

ScoobyJawa 22 March 2006 03:36 PM

same as yours but a better one DW :D :D

Oooooooooooo handbags out :D LMAO!!! ;)

Wurzel 22 March 2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I mean, overtaking a Merc, what were you thinking!!:lol1: Don't you know, drivers of humble cars must NEVER have the audacity and bare-faced cheek to try and get in front of a Merc!! Honestly, what's the world coming to!?!? ;) :D :D

LOL you should come over here to Merc central!! I rip em all the time and there is feck all any of em can do about it :D :D :D

New_scooby_04 22 March 2006 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel
LOL you should come over here to Merc central!! I rip em all the time and there is feck all any of em can do about it :D :D :D

:thumb:
Careful you don't run into an AMG or Brabus tuned V12 bi-turbo though!! :eek: :D

Ns04

Clarebabes 22 March 2006 05:12 PM

I should read more carefully. He was in the Pug at a guess.

_strike_ 22 March 2006 05:24 PM

that sort of thing happens to me on the motorway, i'm flying in the outside, have to slow down sharply as some numpty generally isnt using the rear view mirror, without me flashing them or anything they pull in and swear at me as i fly past. my point is WHY?!!

If they are going to get upset about being overtaken, the answer is simple. BUY A FASTER CAR!!!

Dream Weaver 24 March 2006 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Oooooooooooo handbags out :D LMAO!!! ;)

LOL :D

Mine works now, and it twice as fast as a naff std one ;)

David_Wallis 24 March 2006 11:01 PM

Why did you get out? That's pretty daft. The best thing to do would have been to pull in, let him get out, march over to your window and drive off
waving to him!
Brilliant :D

ScoobyJawa 24 March 2006 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
LOL :D

Mine works now, and it twice as fast as a naff std one ;)

:cool: :D

Gutmann pug 25 March 2006 08:50 AM

But can you drive it DW :D :D

Tiggs 25 March 2006 10:11 AM

why overtake if you then have time to prat about on the hardshoulder?

cant belive a) you gave his flashing a secoonds thought and B) you got out....what possible good come of that?