ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Have I knackered my credit Rating - for £3.50? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/501285-have-i-knackered-my-credit-rating-for-3-50-a.html)

bartus 20 March 2006 04:19 PM

Have I knackered my credit Rating - for £3.50?

I bought a Christening dress for my daughter from a well known clothes retailer - online - and get their 'directory' every 3 months for a charge of £3.50.

Everything was paid off as soon as I ordered the dress - but I missed paying the minimum payment for the last directory (should've been paid last thursday - just paid it today).

Anyone know if they're likely to be petty enough to inform the credit reference agencies ('cos I didn't pay the 35 pence minimum payment)? And if so does it go on record that it's for a piddlin amount (rather than 2 or 3 grand)?!

(All for something that goes straight in the bin as well).

Cheers.

Cocker 20 March 2006 04:24 PM

Should affect you. What is really bad is if you go over your credit card limit or unauthorised overdraft at the bank

Petem95 20 March 2006 04:24 PM

Just join experian for their months free trial, then you can have a look at your credit rating and see if its on there.

Possible it is. They have mobile and home phone bills, credit cards etc.

fast bloke 20 March 2006 04:30 PM

they don't usually record anything until it is a full month late

Abdabz 20 March 2006 05:16 PM

Essentially the credit rating system is a load of ones and zero's when it is analysed... I might have it the wrong way round but zero's are when something is paid on time and 1's are when a payment is missed...
As it seems you have entered a cerdit agreement (where you were vetted before getting the catelogues) then a 1 will appear on your record against that account for this month - just like if you missed a credit card payment or the likes.
The automated systems that are used to process bog standard credit requests will see the 1 but to be fair unless you want a Harrods store card with unlimited credit, it is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever.
For more important purchases (cars, houses, class A drugs), human underwriters will analyse your history in more detail and will judge your credit on many different things (credit card balance/limit/payment amount and frequency), Bank Loans, Overdrafts, Previous Mortgage etc etc and make an informed decision...
In short this will show but wont make any difference to your life.... :thumb:

NotoriousREV 20 March 2006 05:20 PM

Abdabz is almost right, it's a zero if it's on time, then a number representing how many missed payments there have been, so if you don pay anythin for 6 months you'll see it as 6543210

ewanrw 20 March 2006 06:36 PM

have a look here - http://www.joincreditexpert.com/home....asp?hold=True

If you pay within a month you get a 1. normally 0.

Should be okay with an occaisional 1. Things get bad when 2s appear.

Abdabz is right tho' looks like - 0000000010000010000000 etc

Red-ducati 20 March 2006 06:36 PM

I checked my credit with Equifax about 2 weeks ago, I had a really high score with them. I just checked with Experian and i have a Poor on. What the ****?
This whole credit scoring thing is the most inconsistant pile of bull**** ever.

Jamo 20 March 2006 06:49 PM

1 and 2 is fine its when 8 appears 8 = a default.

Jamo 20 March 2006 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Red-ducati
I checked my credit with Equifax about 2 weeks ago, I had a really high score with them. I just checked with Experian and i have a Poor on. What the ****?
This whole credit scoring thing is the most inconsistant pile of bull**** ever.

dont fuss it, not many banks or credit providers use the score provided by equifax and experian ;) in fact most use in house scoring and points systems nowadays. by the way high numbers with equifax isnt actually very good its the opposite iirc :eek:

ginganinja 20 March 2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
dont fuss it, not many banks or credit providers use the score provided by equifax and experian ;) in fact most use in house scoring and points systems nowadays. by the way high numbers with equifax isnt actually very good its the opposite iirc :eek:

Agree with that, i used the experian 'free' trial, and payed the fiver for my credit score. Even though I havent missed a single payment on any outstanding ammounts and my score is in the high 900's I have still been refused for a credit card from my own bank!!!!!

I wouldnt worry too much about the £3.50

bartus 20 March 2006 07:46 PM

Thanks for the replies people.

I just had a horrible feeling that it was going to be a case of 'you missed a payment - it doesn't matter how much it was for - tough sh1t'!

Cheers

StickyMicky 20 March 2006 08:12 PM

just printing off my experian free one now, will ring em up tomorrow and cancel the membership

i never relised they went off everything you have ever had on credit
good job i have paid on time :p

i thought they just assesed what you have on credit at the present time.