ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Underfloor heating (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/500918-underfloor-heating.html)

PG 19 March 2006 11:55 AM

Underfloor heating

Moving on from Deep Singh's thread re. types of tiles I thought I would get a more up to date review on underfloor heating. I have done a search and it has been a while since it was last discussed. I did notice that the Screwfix stuff wasn't highly regarded.
Whats everyones thoughts / suggestions ?

edit to clarify that I am talking of electrical mat, under tile heating.

scoob_babe 19 March 2006 12:14 PM

I know ours isn't screwfix but its great in the bathroom!!

richardg 20 March 2006 08:47 AM

pg - i'm about to order some for home. i've been to a number of shows and read various articles on u/f heating and have concluded that i will be buying the bits from the floor warming company. there are loads of suppliers out there, but this was my personal choice.
i am heating 2 zones - zone 1 conservatory and kitchen zone 2 - hallway and ground floor wc. the idea is just to heat the tiles as we already have rads in all these areas. i will be tiling all of the above areas over the top of the mat.

will let you know when it's complete (if i remember!)

Rob D 20 March 2006 09:34 AM

I was going to get underfloor heating in our new bathroom but decided against tiles so dropped the idea.
However for info pricing was around £160 to have this fitted on a 4 metre square floor, running cost quoted as 75p a week.

Daryl 20 March 2006 09:51 AM

Ours is from heat-com, which is a Danish company. I have been very impressed with it, cost about £600 for a 6m x 4.5m kitchen. It is the only heat source and maintains a very comfortable 21ºC, never too hot or too cold.

The only caveat is that it is quite expensive to run, probably about £300 a year.

Mr Bat 20 March 2006 11:08 AM

What is the world coming to? Some people need to toughen up. What a complete waste of energy.

Daryl 20 March 2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Bat
What is the world coming to? Some people need to toughen up. What a complete waste of energy.

:lol1:

turboman786 16 December 2006 04:01 PM

Anyone else have any experience of electric mat type undefloor heating?....how effective will it be if put down travertine stone tiles?...

TopBanana 16 December 2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Bat

Ha what on earth are you talking about? Don't you have heating in your house?

scoobywrxuk300 16 December 2006 04:16 PM

Hi, I used Heat.com as well for my 6mtr x 4 mtr kitchen the mat style, Covered with travertine tiles.. excellent results, not cheap to run, but if you maintain an average temp i find the meter spins slower...

Try cover the whole of the cable when laying the tiles with the adhesive tho as this avoids certain areas of the cable over heating.....! I hope this helps.

mark