ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   Back Home Safe (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/500371-back-home-safe.html)

Alan C 16 March 2006 09:29 PM

Back Home Safe

Simon - Thanks for your help mate... Don't know where we lost you as we went over the M1 to Barnsley.. I then changed my mind as I didn't want to go down the 61 with no lights so I went back up the M1...

My baby looks a little worse for wear, but she'll be back.. :thumb:

Anyways... I hope you all had a great night... catch you all at the main meet..

white scooby 16 March 2006 09:31 PM

No problem mate, I'm that used to coming back from Sheffield that way, that habit took over and I was down the M1! Hope the car is back on the road soon!!

cw42 16 March 2006 10:45 PM

As posted al, glad your ok, see you back on the road soon :D

MickWrx 17 March 2006 12:37 AM

Al, am in bits for you mate:(

But metal mends mate and fortunately it was low speed.

We all had a moment over there tonight it was treacherous. the weight of the car and camber of the roads were enough to get a slide going.

glad you and (Sean) Shaun are both ok thats the main thing.

Al if their is anything I can do to help you out give me a shout mate seriously, if I can I will

Mick

corradoboy 17 March 2006 09:58 AM

Best wishes Al, glad you and Shaun are OK. Hope the damage isn't too bad :( See you soon and don't hesitate if I can help in any way :thumb: You know I usually have plenty of spare time ;)

Daz-WRSport 17 March 2006 08:20 PM

:( What Happened?

Hope you guys are ok anyway

steffiraf 18 March 2006 10:40 AM

Good grief Al! Glad you and Sean are ok. Hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you. Ring if you need anything

Steph x

P.s Sorry we didnt turn up. We are both poorly with flu at the moment :(

Alan C 18 March 2006 01:13 PM

Daz, Steff, Paul. Minor bump coming off a bend over strines.

Did a slow 180 into a wall. Panel damage down the RHS but all else seems ok. Sean and I were fine.

After a few chats it appears that it was well gritted until this bend. The 4 others ahead all all had a loss of grip as the road went from gritted OK to slushy ice over more ice in a few yards from the bend. But my RE070's, which are not particularly happy in anything less than dry tarmac just gave up the ghost even though I'd backed right off...

It's currently with Alton cars where Ian had his done and I'll be back on the road soon if they can source the relatively unusual bits (spoiler, splitter & stickers) quickly through Litchfields..

All things considered you did the right thing by having the Flu then :thumb:

corradoboy 18 March 2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by steffiraf
We are both poorly with flu at the moment :(

Get well soon :thumb:

white scooby 18 March 2006 04:52 PM

Alan,

If you need any bits collecting from Litchfields . . let me know!

Pauleds2 18 March 2006 07:52 PM

Sounds like just simply a case of bad luck Al.

Glad you and Sean are ok. Altons did a marvellous job of Ian's car so hopefully will do the same for you.

Chin up old chap and heres looking forward to the summer...:D

Alan C 18 March 2006 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pauleds2
Sounds like just simply a case of bad luck Al.

Glad you and Sean are ok. Altons did a marvellous job of Ian's car so hopefully will do the same for you.

Chin up old chap and heres looking forward to the summer...:D

Paul. I'll give you the blow by blow details and my 'expert' attempt at being a passenger :D Not sure about bad luck as I was up there today to take a few photos of the road where there's clear evidence that the gritting stopped on this stretch about 10 yards out from the corner.. Exactly where my slide started.. Gritting started again 10 yards from the next bend about a 1/4 mile up the straight.. I'll be having a chat with someone..

Simon. You're a star (have I mentioned that??? :D).. I or Alton cars may take you up on that as they have to get my Spoiler, splitter and stickers... let me know when you're going.... and I'll try and co-ordinate something...

Tony01 18 March 2006 09:29 PM

meet

Hi Alan sorry to hear this hope you are ok, we got to the bottom of the laydebower pub and turnd around it was bad out there we will meet agane, hopefully the weather is warmer, from sheffield lads :thumb:

KnobbySP1 19 March 2006 11:25 PM

Very sad to read your news. Really glad you're both OK.

Always painful to see your pride and joy damaged.

Alton Cars were spot on for me. Make sure you speak to John the Manager there - top bloke.

scooby turbo 20 March 2006 11:50 PM

Hello Alan sorry to read about what happened hope you and the scooby are back together soon . :thumb: hope you are ok i keep looking for you but not seen you about have you been to york since the last time i spoted you looking for a car park :thumb: