ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Prodrive Classic??????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/500028-prodrive-classic.html)

Dan 2 15 March 2006 06:01 PM

Prodrive Classic???????

W reg Classic with Prodrive rear spoiler and prodrive on the front bumper and other p/drive parts..

The guy said this was how it came as standard..I thought the spoiler looked like the one that was on the RB5 wr ..

Is there such a thing or have these parts been added on after.

What's the deal folks.

MY00PPP 15 March 2006 06:14 PM

Dan,

I had a MY00 on a v plate with PPP. High level spoiler at the rear with brake light built in. Back box on the zorst had prodrive visible and I had the certificate of fitting. No other badges or stickers anywhere else on the car though.

corradoboy 15 March 2006 06:15 PM

There was a limited edition UK only classic of which only 25 were sold each year from 97-00, so only 100 of them in existence making them pretty much the rarest special edition there is. They were standard UK turbo's that were ordered from a UK dealers, but sent to Prodrive to have the required options fitted. If it has the full spec, performance, handling, styling and interior, then it retailed at IRO £30k new. My mate had one until recently and they were beautiful. Do a search for WR Sport.

Dan 2 15 March 2006 06:19 PM

Was your rear spoiler a three piece and have Prodrive on the side of it???

I know it has the PPP i was more interested in finding out about the Prodrive Rear spoiler and the Front bumper.

I take it they were part of an aftermarket upgrade rather than being fitted as standard.

Dan 2 15 March 2006 06:22 PM

Cheers corradoboy,

I posted up before reading yours

I'll need to check on the interior though...What should i be looking for????

ps; what wheels came with this package????

MY00PPP 15 March 2006 06:41 PM

spoiler was single piece with no prodrive badges, markings or letters

hoskib 15 March 2006 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dan 2
Cheers corradoboy,

I posted up before reading yours

I'll need to check on the interior though...What should i be looking for????

ps; what wheels came with this package????

off the top of my head interior is, prodrive electric recaros (embroidered writing on the seat) with matching door cards, carbon look momo gear knob, maybe WR mats, but deffo WR logos on the speedo.

wheels were 6 spoke speedlines i think.

as said, do a search. especially in members gallery, seem to remember someone posting pics of their WR not too long ago:)

Dan 2 15 March 2006 06:56 PM

Thanks for the help guys..

corradoboy 15 March 2006 07:52 PM

THIS was my mate Alan's. If you require any further details I'm sure he will reply to any PM's. I don't have time tonight, but I have a book about Scoobs which has a section about these cars. I will dig it out and summarise what it says tomorrow if I get chance.

Oldfella 15 March 2006 08:11 PM

Corradaboy, was the prodrive interior optional?

dave honey 15 March 2006 08:35 PM

I was just wondering how I can tell if I have one of these.
The car in question is a MY99 UK turbo 2000 with PPP but has the high level spoiler with prodrive on each side, Prodrive 7 spoke speedline wheels and slightly bigger brakes I think with the 4-pot subaru calipers, also has full prodrive suspension with says prodrive on srings and shocks and also says STI by bilstein, under the bonnet there is prodrive markings here and there on hoses etc and exhaust. Gear change is a quickshift. I'm not sure about the interior though because I don't know if it is any different to a normal UK spec. Or was the interior optional. Just wondered if anyone would know or could point me in the right direction of finding out.
Dave

Scott.T 17 March 2006 08:29 PM

see http://www.rb5oc.co.uk/WRSPORTREFMANUAL.pdf

MikeCardiff 18 March 2006 08:37 AM

re post #11 - there was a thread before about these, I'm pretty sure that there were various options available from the dealers when buying new, so not every car had the interior done, or all the add-ons.

My car has prodrive suspension ( with the plaque under the bonnet ), the spoiler and the gear change, but none of the other parts. This was all put on by the original owner, but I dont know if he had it on the car from new, or if he just bought them afterwards.

stormmy 05 April 2006 01:17 PM

For anybody with any questions i have an MY00 WRSport.

stormmy 05 April 2006 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MY00PPP
spoiler was single piece with no Prodrive badges, markings or letters

Not correct, it is a single piece however Prodrive is embossed into each end plate....