ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   newage intercooler on a classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/499261-newage-intercooler-on-a-classic.html)

rigga 14 March 2006 03:54 PM

well the passenger side would be a start......

rentonone 14 March 2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
There's no way that the MY99/00 recirc pipe will fit, I spent a full day trying to make it fit, but it just wasn't happening. Also, the diameter of the classic recirc pipe is too small to go on the newage recirc valve.
For the cost of a standard newage recirc pipe (cost me £15), it not worth the hassle of trying to make it fit.
I managed to make the newage recirc pipe fit without losing the metal pipe, you just need to disconnect the small 's' shaped pipe and fiddle away a bit.

If it's any help, i've got a newage passenger side bracket?

Cheers,

Matt

thats true. you can just disconect the metal pipe and bend it down a bit out the way.
i,ll ring the breakers where i got my recirc pipe from, see if they have got anymore.

rentonone 14 March 2006 05:30 PM

ive just rang the breakers by me mate they havnt got anythin.

rigga 14 March 2006 09:29 PM

Thanks james.... ive contacted a few today about brackets....no luck so far

RON 14 March 2006 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 60545
this one...... it is definately the newage bracket cos it has two holes in it..... one for the wrx, and one for the sti intercooler.... but like i say, it's been tweaked with a small bracket.....

edited to add..... he could do with a washer on the left hand bolt!!

scooby_matt 15 March 2006 08:55 AM

You're right mate, it was easier to use the newage drivers side bracket and make a small bracket to suit this rather than the classic bracket.

It does look like its squashing the rubber grommet alot, but it has a metal core which it's tightened up to. I agree though, a washer would be wise to spread the load a bit!

Nick_Cat 27 November 2015 12:36 PM

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm in the process of replacing the MY00 I/C with one from a Newage (not STi).

Just wondering if anyone who had previously done this has now gone back to standard or opted for a FMIC and has the passenger side bracket available, or one they made up, which they can sell me.

Thanks

Gambit 27 November 2015 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nick_Cat (Post 11765620)
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm in the process of replacing the MY00 I/C with one from a Newage (not STi).

Just wondering if anyone who had previously done this has now gone back to standard or opted for a FMIC and has the passenger side bracket available, or one they made up, which they can sell me.

Thanks

not just modify your own? when i fitted i didnt have to modify it at all though i only used one mounting bolt on the right bracket (pass side)

stonejedi 30 August 2016 05:43 PM

sounds like you have a boost leak check all hoses,nothing to do with the intercooler size,a newage intercooler Is not that BIG Lol.SJ.

sjd1991 01 September 2016 07:38 PM

ok cheers just seems to a lost a bit of power i have removed it to fit new gaskets and jubilee clamps