ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   06 zafira vxr tomorrow for me (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/496268-06-zafira-vxr-tomorrow-for-me.html)

steppers 28 February 2006 11:07 PM

06 zafira vxr tomorrow for me

after lunch its off to collect the car
anyone else following suit or anyone got one?

sgcooby 01 March 2006 02:11 PM

Unlucky. Maybe your luck will change soon.

Andy M3 01 March 2006 03:29 PM

Have you bought it, or are you borrowing one ?

mn_angrybeats 01 March 2006 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by steppers
after lunch its off to collect the car
anyone else following suit or anyone got one?

I feel for you :(

simo 01 March 2006 06:44 PM

that looks like a resounding NO then :lol:

ScoobyDoo555 01 March 2006 07:43 PM

I'm following suit, but not into a Vauxhall..........

Audi S4 Avant :cool:

Dan :D

dsmith 01 March 2006 10:30 PM

I honestly don't understand why Vauxhall go to the trouble of building a "sports" brand like VXR with heavy investment in racing and advertising then just as it starts to show promise...

prove to the world its meaningless marketing rubbish by releasing a people carrier verison.

Instant brand credibility implosion.

Tim-Grove 01 March 2006 11:06 PM

At the risk of being flamed:rolleyes: I’ll say....

Enjoy the new motor mate hope you love it:thumb:

Bartop 01 March 2006 11:11 PM

I used to have a Zafira GSi and have to say if you need the occasional 7 seats they are unbeatable in terms of practicality and fun factor so good on you :)

If you don't need the 7 seats then you should have got a Forester ;)

Wish 01 March 2006 11:15 PM

Enjoy your new car !

steppers 01 March 2006 11:48 PM

wish and timgrove thanks for the sensible comments
sgcooby your an arse wipe pal
i havent started a thread to slag scoobies off so have something constructive to say or f*** off
as it happens picked it up this afternoon and it gave me a big a smile as my new sti over 2 years ago (which i sold bacuase of endless problems)
so poor sods all ready had a fright in a golf gti when he realised he couldnt get past down a long straight road
Thats the difference this is challenging whereas my scooby i had to search all day to find something worth chasing
and ive got room for the kids and the dogs blah blah blah
Horses for courses sodont slag em off just because you dont like em
I hate porsche 911s but ill have respect for them well.... maybe

Spankathon 02 March 2006 09:39 AM

i havent started a thread to slag scoobies off so have something constructive to say or f*** off
as it happens picked it up this afternoon and it gave me a big a smile as my new sti over 2 years ago (which i sold bacuase of endless problems)
so poor sods all ready had a fright in a golf gti when he realised he couldnt get past down a long straight road
Thats the difference this is challenging whereas my scooby i had to search all day to find something worth chasing

Well said bud.

I for like like the idea behind the Zafira GSi/VXR's. Some people need 7 seats but still want something quick/sporty.... what is there... nothing, apart from these.

To be fair, even if I didn't need 7 seats and needed a bit of extra space, I would get one, I like them, I like what Vauxhall have done in terms of the VXR range, good on them.

Anyway, enjoy your new motor mate, I am sure you will.

What colour did you get...?

DJ140 02 March 2006 09:47 AM

And the new Vectra VXR stacks up well against the latest STi in Evo.

Neanderthal 02 March 2006 10:09 AM

I can't understand why they did a Meriva VXR though?!
They should have done a Corsa VXR to rival the 182 etc.

ScoobySnack 02 March 2006 10:19 AM

Strangley enough had to shift some kit so borrowed a colleagues VXR Zafira to drive it the 10miles, instead of using my AMG.

In that short drive I actually thought it was good fun and an ideal for a people carrier / load lugger. It stood out more the the average carrier, and handled well.

Seems Vauxhall have aimed it at a marketplace and added something extra to a normal range of carriers. Now how can we criticise a company that at least trys to add some fun into its range.

Well done m8

J

Spankathon 02 March 2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
I can't understand why they did a Meriva VXR though?!
They should have done a Corsa VXR to rival the 182 etc.

They are doing a VXR Corsa... IIRC with a 1.6 Turbo engine, about 160-175 bhp... even with that power should rival the Clio 172/182/197s, in a straight line at least.

Simon K 02 March 2006 10:36 AM

Whats the performance / bhp on these things ?? How does a GSI compare to a VXR ??

Nice cars, just not a fan of vauxhall, but I do like the astra vxr.

SBK

Spankathon 02 March 2006 10:49 AM

The Zafira VXR's? The engine is the same from the Astra VXR... so nearly 240bhp... 0-60 in about 7 seconds

oldmanmille 02 March 2006 10:54 AM

Steppers,
You are one lucky person! I have an 03 GSi Zafira. Love it to bits as I do my WRX RA and my Golf GTi.

I like the look on car drivers faces when they are left behind by a people carrier:p

Would like to know how you get on with it and all the best and safe driving....

John:thumb:

Neanderthal 02 March 2006 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Spankathon
They are doing a VXR Corsa... IIRC with a 1.6 Turbo engine, about 160-175 bhp... even with that power should rival the Clio 172/182/197s, in a straight line at least.

They are? I'll smack my dad in the face then for false information (he sells Vauxhalls).
Shame they couldn't shoehorn in the 1.8 turbo from the Astra SRi though!

Spankathon 02 March 2006 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
They are? I'll smack my dad in the face then for false information (he sells Vauxhalls).
Shame they couldn't shoehorn in the 1.8 turbo from the Astra SRi though!

Couple of links for you....

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...corsa-vxr.html

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...agsi-2405.html

sgcooby 02 March 2006 12:41 PM

Lighten up you prick. I didnt mention scoobies so not sure what your on about. If you cant take a joke it you who should f....k off.:)

slim_boy_fat 02 March 2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by sgcooby
Lighten up you prick. I didnt mention scoobies so not sure what your on about. If you cant take a joke it you who should f....k off.:)

Hardly a joke you were bing the big man slagging off the guys new car.

Not on really now is it, hold your hands up and admit you were being a tosser.

Nice car mate, looks great in the blue colour. Its probably what i would go for if i needed 7 seats.

It must be a real blast on the m-way.

sgcooby 02 March 2006 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat
Hardly a joke you were bing the big man slagging off the guys new car.

Not on really now is it, hold your hands up and admit you were being a tosser.

Nice car mate, looks great in the blue colour. Its probably what i would go for if i needed 7 seats.

It must be a real blast on the m-way.

LOL. Get a life. ' being the big man' LOL. I can slag of any car i choose and you can slag off mine if you so wish. It was done in a light hearted manner and now you all stand up for him as he cant look after himself. Grow up. Scoobies get slagged off all the time but we dont greet about it.

Spankathon 02 March 2006 12:59 PM

Scoobies get slagged off all the time but we dont greet about it.
WHAT..??? :cuckoo:

Look at all the Scooby vs xxxx threads :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

sgcooby 02 March 2006 01:08 PM

WHAT..??? :cuckoo:

Look at all the Scooby vs xxxx threads :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Ill re-phrase it. I dont greet about it. Plenty to slag scoobs about but i dont piss and moan like a bairn as i couldnt care what someone else thinks as i like my car and thats all that matters. Plenty of views are expressed about scoobs that i dont agree with so should i too respond telling people to **** off if they dont agree. No, that would be sad.

Spankathon 02 March 2006 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by sgcooby
Ill re-phrase it. I dont greet about it. Plenty to slag scoobs about but i dont piss and moan like a bairn as i couldnt care what someone else thinks as i like my car and thats all that matters. Plenty of views are expressed about scoobs that i dont agree with so should i too respond telling people to **** off if they dont agree. No, that would be sad.

:iamwithst

This is different, someone posted saying they are getting a new car, and is anyone else getting one, they did not mention any other car, or views on any other car, they did not even express their opinion on their own car....... so there was nothing to agree/disagree with.

There was no point taking the pi$$ and was uncalled for.

Wish 02 March 2006 02:43 PM

I sell quite a few Zafiras when i can get them.
They are by far the best people carrier for the money.

The 7 Seat System is excellent too. Hats off to Vauxhall .....

sgcooby 02 March 2006 02:59 PM

:iamwithst

This is different, someone posted saying they are getting a new car, and is anyone else getting one, they did not mention any other car, or views on any other car, they did not even express their opinion on their own car....... so there was nothing to agree/disagree with.

There was no point taking the pi$$ and was uncalled for.

LMAO. Get back on topic and get over it. Ill have to treat you guys with kid gloves from now on. 'Uncalled for' LOL. Get a life people or stop taking the one youve got too seriously FFS.:sleep:

talizman 02 March 2006 05:45 PM

I feel for you sgcooby.....

Your reply to the opening post was the kind of sarcastic and light hearted humourous response I'd probably have come up with myself :D and to see folk (steppers et all) over-reacting and calling you a bunch of names is laughably childish IMO.

Can't folk on this damn bbs take a joke ffs :cuckoo:

Or have you upset them all on another thread and this is the backlash? :D