ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Interview question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/494844-interview-question.html)

monty baber 23 February 2006 06:32 PM

Interview question

I have an interview in the morning and happen to know what they are going to ask:norty:

the final question is.....

'What do you think you can offer us as a company'

I have an idea what to say but it would be interesting to hear if anyone has any better ideas, (the job is for an electrical engineer in a maintenance position BTW)

sits awaiting barage of mildly amusing comments!

Miss Kinky 23 February 2006 06:52 PM

about 4 hours of my time each week....?

Pedro_79 23 February 2006 07:13 PM

Just tell them you were thinking more along the lines of what they can offer you as an individual.. :thumb:

scoobyjimbo 23 February 2006 07:38 PM

List your strengths and give examples and any achievements that you are proud of - also make the response very slick and practise it beforehand.
J

little-ginge 24 February 2006 12:44 AM

Loyalty & commitment to both the Company & it's customers, and your personal drive and ambition in assisting the company, as a whole and departmentally, in reaching their organsiational(sp) goals.

Professionalism is always a good one too!

That's all I can think of this time of night, except..

Good Luck!:)

ScoobywagonGl 24 February 2006 12:53 AM

^what she said ;)

Good Luck

stevie_c 24 February 2006 01:10 AM

That given the chance you can prove yourself to be a useful and valuable member of the team.

Let me know how you get on, I do the same(ish) job mate.

Brit_in_Japan 24 February 2006 05:41 AM

What does any company want? Someone who does their job, to the required standard and on time. It also helps if you are "low maintenance", happy in your work and eager to help contribute to the business.

Basically you want to "keep your bosses boss off your bosses back". Think about it.

AllanB 24 February 2006 08:54 AM

Don't follow Pedros advice. I walk people out of the building when they say stuff like that ! You do need to undertsand the objectives of the company and the role to answer this spot on.

As someone who interviews on a regular basis you need to think about the following.

What skills you have to offer and can if they are unique can you transfer to other people.
Great communicaton and organisational skills , again demonstrate this.
Excellent attended and punctuality record.
Examples of the behavoiurs they want eg showing how you have worked as part of a team to accomplish goals.
Enthusiasm and the drive to get the job done.
Most of all the ability to quickly learn and establish yourself within the company to get the job done efficiently.

AllanB

monty baber 24 February 2006 02:47 PM

Thanks everyone :) interview was fine

went with commitment, reliability, hard work (something along the lines of always giving 110%:lol1: ) and professionalism.

Pedro_79 24 February 2006 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by AllanB
Don't follow Pedros advice. I walk people out of the building when they say stuff like that ! You do need to undertsand the objectives of the company and the role to answer this spot on.

Doh! I really didn't expect anyone to take that seriously.....

You sound like a boss with a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

PS Good luck Monty - I'm sure you said all the right things :)

monty baber 24 February 2006 05:51 PM

ta pedro :)