ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Scabbed knee, with inflamed hairs/spots (warning: image inside) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/494767-scabbed-knee-with-inflamed-hairs-spots-warning-image-inside.html)

G-STAR 23 February 2006 02:34 PM

Scabbed knee, with inflamed hairs/spots (warning: image inside)

I managed to scrape my knee on astroturf last Friday during a kick about. Basically, it's been giving me a fair bit of stick over the past week; it seems to 'leak' on a night, which is preventing it healing properly, and during the day, when it dries up, I'm finding it hard to walk as it becomes stiff, thus I'm limping about.

In the last day or so, I've noticed a fair number of spots/inflamed hairs around the injury/scab and I'm wondering if it has become infected. I'm not registered at a doctors in Leeds, and I'm not going all the way back to Lincolnshire for a scraped knee, so I'm hoping someone on here has had the same problem and can give me a little direction. A friend of mine has compared it to that of impetigo, but I thought that usually only occurred on the face and hands?

Here's what it looks like - sorry for the quality of the picture, it was taken on my mobile:

http://www.imusicmovement.com/work/knee.jpg

davegtt 23 February 2006 02:36 PM

you big fairy ;)

You not tried putting any antiseptic cream on? Germolene? Savlon etc...

eClaire 23 February 2006 02:41 PM

Might be infected. Try some antiseptic cream for a few days like dave said. Failing that it will have to come off :)

If you aren't registered with a GP get registered or maybe the local hospital has a walk in surgery like the Hallamshire in Sheffield? Maybe try NHS24 in the evening claiming it is really sore and you find it difficult to move and they will book you into the nearest emergency gp surgery (more than likely will be near the A&E department)

HtH :)

G-STAR 23 February 2006 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
you big fairy ;)

:D

I've been looking for the Savlon...might have to take a limp (;)) down to the shop a little later and get some more.

mart360 23 February 2006 02:45 PM

you big fairy ;)

feck me therse still skin on it!!!

at least when i scalped myself, i took of the skin!!! and now have a white patch to boot!!!

Mart

eClaire 23 February 2006 02:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mart360
feck me therse still skin on it!!!

at least when i scalped myself, i took of the skin!!! and now have a white patch to boot!!!

Mart

Attachment 60540

Attachment 60541

Attachment 60542

:D:D

SJ_Skyline 23 February 2006 02:57 PM

Prepare to meet thy dome? ;)

davegtt 23 February 2006 02:57 PM

urrrggghhhh now thats awful....

But whats the Jaffa Cake looking thing on ya head ;) :D

rik1471 23 February 2006 03:01 PM

urrrggghhhh now thats awful....

But whats the Jaffa Cake looking thing on ya head ;) :D

Is that a head?!! :eek:

eClaire 23 February 2006 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by rik1471
Is that a head?!! :eek:

Yes, it's marts - NOT mines :razz:

yoza 23 February 2006 03:03 PM

www.astroturfism.com

Apparently LIFE threatening......its killed 36 keepfit kickabout footballers this year alone, and we are only in February...

acts of kill kill carnage 23 February 2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
I managed to scrape my knee on astroturf last Friday during a kick about. Basically, it's been giving me a fair bit of stick over the past week; it seems to 'leak' on a night, which is preventing it healing properly, and during the day, when it dries up, I'm finding it hard to walk as it becomes stiff, thus I'm limping about.

In the last day or so, I've noticed a fair number of spots/inflamed hairs around the injury/scab and I'm wondering if it has become infected. I'm not registered at a doctors in Leeds, and I'm not going all the way back to Lincolnshire for a scraped knee, so I'm hoping someone on here has had the same problem and can give me a little direction. A friend of mine has compared it to that of impetigo, but I thought that usually only occurred on the face and hands?

get your mummy to kiss it better for you :razz:

G-STAR 23 February 2006 03:38 PM

Top marks for the sympathy. ;)

mart360 23 February 2006 03:40 PM

Feck you still got them piccys :eek2:

suppose i ought to do a follow up at some stage :)

theres a nice dip there now/ combined with a white patch

Mart :D

boomer 23 February 2006 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
In the last day or so, I've noticed a fair number of spots/inflamed hairs around the injury/scab and I'm wondering if it has become infected...
...A friend of mine has compared it to that of impetigo, but I thought that usually only occurred on the face and hands?

The picture has gone (account suspended), but from what you describe it does sound like impetigo.

I got it on my knee after a fall when i was 9 or 10 years old (crappy first aid treatment at school), and the thing that i remember most was the "satellite" eruptions around the original wound. I still have a scar to this day (30-odd years later).

The puss is highly infectious, so don't play with the scab and touch your todger afterwards ;) - see also here!

Call NHS Direct and find your nearest walk-in centre

mb

little-ginge 24 February 2006 12:19 AM

Ewwwww! All those pictures are minging:lol1:

I'd definately get yourself seen by a doctor... impetigo is really contegious - make sure you wash your hands after touching it!!

I know of someone who had it on their arse and it was horrendous!!:lol1: