ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Second Car on your Policy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/494184-second-car-on-your-policy.html)

pslewis 21 February 2006 01:28 PM

Second Car on your Policy?

Where is the best place to add a car onto my policy? ie. 2 cars on the 1 policy?

I assume that they would need to be single driver .... or both cars could be used at the same time??

Pete

Moley 21 February 2006 01:51 PM

I'll sort something you for you Pete!!!

bluto22b 22 February 2006 08:55 PM

Insure both cars with Direct Line. The second car gets the full no claim bonus from your main car ;)

Dunk 22 February 2006 10:23 PM

How many times ? ..........A Plan in Thatcham will mirror your NCD onto a second policy, which is also NCD earning.

D

pslewis 23 February 2006 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dunk
How many times ? ..........A Plan in Thatcham will mirror your NCD onto a second policy, which is also NCD earning.

D

TOP advice ............ so, they will allow me my NCD on my new MX5??

Direct line look good too!

Pete

Dunk 23 February 2006 06:40 AM

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS !

D

Moley 23 February 2006 09:59 AM

D

Most brokers will do this now. We have been able to do it for ages!!!

Tony@Greenlight 23 February 2006 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Most brokers will do this now. We have been able to do it for ages!!!

Like Moley & KM, we can also match the percentage discount from the NCB under the first vehicle.

You need to have a decent record and to be free of non-recoverable claims, but providing youre 21+ we should be able to help :thumb:

Kind regards

Tony

pslewis 24 February 2006 09:04 PM

Excellent news ...... would a MX5 under cover for 3,000miles a year cost £200 or less? Thats what the Classic Car Policy charges ..... but no NCD earned :(

Pete

DonnieDarko 01 March 2006 10:30 AM

NCD earning- does that mean you can earn 2 years NCD per year (assuming no accidents in either car)?

pslewis 01 March 2006 01:20 PM

D

Rang them today ............ they will ONLY do that if you have your first car with them! :(

Other than that they are totally normal rates, assuming that the car has no NCD, so ............ it looks like Bell Direct!!??

Pete

EddScott 01 March 2006 02:25 PM

I had a 205GTI on classic insurance for £200 ltd miles and no NCB needed or gained. Plus had the Impreza on seperate policy.

Currently have Impreza with A Plan as they weren't ripping me off "that much" for having a few mods. I also have the pub/family/dump wagon Astra on the same policy with mirrored NCB.