ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   keithley trade centre (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/494059-keithley-trade-centre.html)

bob r 20 February 2006 09:57 PM

keithley trade centre

i posted a new thread about the above today about 5 pm, now its gone:wonder:
anybody any ideas why its been binned and why?

Bubba po 20 February 2006 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by bob r
i posted a new thread about the above today about 5 pm, now its gone:wonder:
anybody any ideas why its been binned and why?

Because they have an extremely poor rep, with many disgruntled customers. The replies on your thread might have exposed SN to legal proceedings, and rather than keep monitoring the thread to delete problem posts, it seems that it was completely removed instead.

I think. :D

ex-webby 20 February 2006 10:06 PM

Hi Bob R

It was removed because posters failed to heed my warning concerning legal implications for ScoobyNet and continued to post in the same manner.

Apologies.

Regards,
Shaun.

bill. 20 February 2006 10:13 PM

often wondered what there cars where like, as its only about 45 min away from me, think this answers my question.

The Chief 20 February 2006 10:24 PM

This i cannot understand - other car websites have a dealer name and shame policy i.e. Boxa.net and as far as i'm aware they have not been sued yet and to be honest i think Scooby owners should be warned about certain traders. but what i will say is what would happen to Scoobynet if they got walloped with a 50k lawsuit??? in their defence they're damned if they do and damned if they dont.:brickwall

JTaylor 20 February 2006 10:49 PM

Shaun,

Are you happy for people to post comments that are prefixed/suffixed with the word allegedly?

For example, it has been alleged that Keighley Trade Centre sell sub-standard cars and it has been reported that the operator wears a mask, a black and white stripey jumper and carries a bag with SWAG written on it over his shoulder.

Would that kind of statement be acceptable?

J

zedf 20 February 2006 10:51 PM

Whats the problem with Keithly trade centre??????????

SPEN555 20 February 2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by zedf
Whats the problem with Keithly trade centre??????????

Do a search on google and see if you can find anything right with it which is the worrying thing!

zedf 20 February 2006 11:05 PM

I went down a couple of days ago the cars seemed alright but the prices were abit high thats what i thought.

I looked on google dont seem to be able t o find anything.

JTaylor 20 February 2006 11:09 PM

I went down a couple of days ago the cars seemed alright but the prices were abit high thats what i thought.

Keighley

S7EVY 20 February 2006 11:12 PM

Speaking from my personal experience, i recently visited Keighley Trade, as i was in search of a scooby.

All i would say is take someone with you who knows what to look out for!

Did manage to find one at last! all thanks to Jap Performance uk in Bradford. :luxhello:

bob r 20 February 2006 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster
Hi Bob R

It was removed because posters failed to heed my warning concerning legal implications for ScoobyNet and continued to post in the same manner.

Apologies.

Regards,
Shaun.

aahh, that explains it. these scoobynetters,. what are they like, probably just telling it like it is, although i hadnt read the original replies.
no doubt the replies was posted with a view to warn others of poor quality cars for sale (speaking from my visit there)
anyway hope i havent crossed any legal boundaries in my comments. ill leave it at that. thanks bob

JTaylor 20 February 2006 11:27 PM

You see, there are some "dealers" that can spot a victim a mile off. In people walk, bright eyed and full of expectation. The "dealer" will be your best friend, little inconsistencies will be explained away and then when you hand them a big bag of cash, they hand you the key (not a spare, but they'll "sort that later" ;)) and off you go with your new steer. The relationship never really seems to blossom after this point....

"Where's that spare key?" "I'm busy at the moment can I get back to you?"

"The clutch is a bit weird, is it slipping?" "Dunno son, normal wear and tear"

"My mate reckons the manifold is blowing" "They all do that"

My point is, don't get stung - it's an expensive business and some of these used car salesman simply do not have a conscience. Get an expert involved and stay aware.

kilo_4que 20 February 2006 11:32 PM

more the other way round id say with 80 odd % of the stock pretty bad but at lowish prices

wrx-kris 20 February 2006 11:34 PM

another words dont buy a motor off them! buy one off some kid who's spent ££££ on it and after a skyline!!!!!!! cheap and well kept-not a ringer

S7EVY 20 February 2006 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
"Where's that spare key?" "I'm busy at the moment can I get back to you?"

"The clutch is a bit weird, is it slipping?" "Dunno son, normal wear and tear"

"My mate reckons the manifold is blowing" "They all do that"

My point is, don't get stung - it's an expensive business and some of these used car salesman simply do not have a conscience. Get an expert involved and stay aware.

Well said

wrx-kris 20 February 2006 11:42 PM

by the way in the motor trade people on this site are seen as "easy targets" ie 'we'll sort you a good deal just give us all your doe"

wrx-kris 20 February 2006 11:43 PM

sorry kidda, just know what your after and dont give-them hoppers a dime!

Jay Cartay 21 February 2006 10:34 AM

No way.... I went up there a few months back. They did have some real nice stuff - but there was a lot of tatty stuff. I was actually considering going there when I look for a Scooby in April as they do finance.

I think i might avoid it now :eek:

That comment about walking in bright eyed, and full of expectation.... that would be me! The Scooby will be my first performance car (can't really count a Fiat Bravo HGT 150bhp :lol1: ) and I'm really worried I'll get saddled with something knackered that will cost a fortune as I will only be looking to spend around £4k for a mid 90s 4 door. Hopefully an Sti, but more likely a boggo WRX.

I know naff all about these cars. I have a basic car knowledge but not enough to know if I'm gonna face impending problems unless it's something obvious like lack of grunt, crappy gearbox, slipping clutch or high biting point etc.

Quite worried now. Dunno anywhere else in West Yorks where I'm likely to get finance on a used Scooby with poor credit (which I'm trying to rebuild bit by bit!) :(

jazzmag2k 21 February 2006 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by bill.
often wondered what there cars where like, as its only about 45 min away from me, think this answers my question.

Edit, Best not bad mouth them, probably as dodgy as their rep.

Carl2 06 April 2006 11:20 PM

I had a friend go down from Scotland to look at an Sti there today. It was a shed by all accounts.
If he'd mentioned K.T.C and not going to somewhere near Skipton, I'd have saved him a journey.:brickwall

S7EVY 08 April 2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Carl2
I had a friend go down from Scotland to look at an Sti there today. It was a shed by all accounts.
If he'd mentioned K.T.C and not going to somewhere near Skipton, I'd have saved him a journey.:brickwall

Bugger!!, when i was looking for a scooby i only travelled around 40 odd miles to get there, so was'nt that painful.

Oh did'nt buy anything due to obvious reasons :(