ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   All the money in the world... (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/493877-all-the-money-in-the-world.html)

GrahamG 20 February 2006 11:20 AM

All the money in the world...

so why do chelsea have a pitch that is like a non league ground. Do you think they have let it get like this for the Barca game?

LUCKO 20 February 2006 12:29 PM

Barcelona are 2/1 to win at Stamford Bridge :norty:

pauld37 20 February 2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by GrahamG
so why do chelsea have a pitch that is like a non league ground. Do you think they have let it get like this for the Barca game?

Yep ;)

GrahamG 20 February 2006 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO
Barcelona are 2/1 to win at Stamford Bridge :norty:

good odds! hopefully it will just be a good game.

i'm hoping for an arsenal clean sheet tomorrow and 2 away goals for our trouble! :D am i asking too much??

G-STAR 20 February 2006 01:57 PM

i'm hoping for an arsenal clean sheet tomorrow and 2 away goals for our trouble! :D am i asking too much??

What do you think? :lol1:

LUCKO 20 February 2006 02:07 PM

am i asking too much??

Madrid will score 2 at least IMHO, at least Henry will get to see what the pitch/ground is like before his transfer in the summer :D

LUCKO 20 February 2006 04:44 PM

F.A.O pauld37

:lol1: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4151/sf24kz.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6427/sb8gg.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2931/potato27zh.jpg

:lol1:

pauld37 20 February 2006 05:02 PM

:mad: You have been a busy boy. :D

I was there yesterday, it is a disgrace, cant understand why it gets so bad, saw Tottenhams pitch on the tv and thiers is immaculate.

If only Wolves were good enough to be on telly I would be able to comment on your pitch :p

GrahamG 20 February 2006 10:51 PM

lol!!

CrisPDuk 21 February 2006 01:22 PM

Madrid will score 2 at least IMHO, at least Henry will get to see what the pitch/ground is like before his transfer in the summer :D

How do you figure that:confused: The game will be played at the Bernebeu, not Nou Camp;)

LUCKO 21 February 2006 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
How do you figure that:confused: The game will be played at the Bernebeu, not Nou Camp;)

he will go to madrid in the summer

GrahamG 21 February 2006 02:33 PM

he will go to madrid in the summer

he won't go there. Barca if anywhere.

imprezadan1 21 February 2006 05:36 PM

jose isnt daft,theyve left the pitch knowing chelsea will deal with it much better than barcelona(i hope they do anyway)
4-1 to chelsea

bighead 22 February 2006 06:45 PM

Barca to win 2-1 tonite !

Ian_S 22 February 2006 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by imprezadan1
jose isnt daft,theyve left the pitch knowing chelsea will deal with it much better than barcelona(i hope they do anyway)
4-1 to chelsea

cheating scum, justice at last, dont like someone play acting against you to have a player sent off now do you? pitch is a joke. Uefa should **** them for dirty tactics letting the pitch get like that

pauld37 22 February 2006 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ian_S
cheating scum, justice at last, dont like someone play acting against you to have a player sent off now do you? pitch is a joke. Uefa should **** them for dirty tactics letting the pitch get like that

:lol1: Calm down, calm down

msi 22 February 2006 09:48 PM

Do you ever go to the match paul?

GrahamG 22 February 2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by bighead
Barca to win 2-1 tonite !

:thumb:

P1Fanatic 22 February 2006 11:39 PM

Not sure on the sending off but probably a little harsh. I think the fact Del Horno didnt even go for the ball made the decision.

Fair play to chelsea though they came out guns blazing. I thought Gudjonson (sp?) played well and if it wasnt for Drogbas ineptness up front you may have won.

Dont fancy your chances at the Nou Camp 2 away goals down tho.

Who would have thought it - Arsenal leading the way.

Simon.

G-STAR 22 February 2006 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Not sure on the sending off but probably a little harsh. I think the fact Del Horno didnt even go for the ball made the decision.

I felt exactly the same, at the time.

Del Horno didn't play the ball, as he was fixated on Messi at all times, plus trying to act injured when he knew he was in trouble did nothing to alleviate the situation - more fool him.

It's an uphill struggle next leg, something that even Chelsea cannot overcome, I feel.

pauld37 23 February 2006 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by msi
Do you ever go to the match paul?

Errr Colchester Sunday last Premiership game against Charlton!!! why????? :rolleyes:

Seem to get asked this a lot??? does everyone on this section who has opinions on their club go to all their games?????

pauld37 23 February 2006 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
It's an uphill struggle next leg, something that even Chelsea cannot overcome, I feel.

Think your right :(

G-STAR 23 February 2006 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jose Mourinho
"Can Messi be suspended for acting? Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He's learned play-acting."

Pot, kettle and black comes to mind. :cuckoo:

pauld37 23 February 2006 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
Pot, kettle and black comes to mind. :cuckoo:

:eek: I think your right again!!!!! :(

GrahamG 23 February 2006 08:53 AM

Messi was class tonight. at 18 years old. he is showing amazing talent! great to watch.

msi 23 February 2006 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by pauld37
Errr Colchester Sunday last Premiership game against Charlton!!! why????? :rolleyes:

Seem to get asked this a lot??? does everyone on this section who has opinions on their club go to all their games?????

Calm down calm down :)

Just asking, it's not every week Barca play over here, just thought you might have gone. Second half was good, up front Barcelona are probably better than anyone, I usually watch them when they are on sky and they always look like they can score if they really want to, Messi is quality although his acting is not yet up to Robben standards :)

davegtt 23 February 2006 09:35 AM

Hmm, did taint the game slightly the sending off but Chelsea worked hard and didnt deserve to lose IMO...

Was hoping Chelsea could get the Champions League this year, looks unlikely but whos to say they cant knock a couple of goals in, Theyre a good proffesional team and have a chance.... Who would have said Liverpool could have beat Milan coming from 3nil down at half time?

pauld37 23 February 2006 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by msi
Calm down calm down :)

:thumb: :D

Originally Posted by msi
Just asking, it's not every week Barca play over here, just thought you might have gone. Second half was good, up front Barcelona are probably better than anyone, I usually watch them when they are on sky and they always look like they can score if they really want to, Messi is quality although his acting is not yet up to Robben standards :)

Sorry mate, getting all defensive :D .

Am not a season ticket holder, asked around when I was there on Sunday about tickets, but no good :(

Barcelona are a class act going forward for sure and seem better defensively too now :cry: thats the difference between them and Real Madrid, Barcelona know how to defend :)

STi wanna Subaru 23 February 2006 09:48 AM

Del Horno with his sunday League tackle was great! Fact is Messi (what a player BTW!) took the pi55 out of him up to that point. When you go for a tackle like that you clear the ball out and the man! don't ignore the ball and look at the man. maybe was slightly harsh but at that level it was a schoolboy error. I do love irony of old jose comaplining about Messi play acting. Err Robben? and Del Horno started rolling around to try and avoid getting sent off.

I have no love for Chelski but I think Terry is immense and I like Lampard so if they went through I'd be happy for them. I do however love the way Barca play football so if they go through I'm happy.

Jose was like a kid in the interview.

pauld37 23 February 2006 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
I have no love for Chelski

:cry: Oh no!!!! :D