ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wahey - GB have won a silver! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/492994-wahey-gb-have-won-a-silver.html)

drumsterphil 16 February 2006 06:23 PM

Wahey - GB have won a silver!

Well done Shelley Rudman! :D

Mind you -a big fcuk off to UK Sport who have not given any money to Shelley or our luge runners because they said they only back people with a realistic chance of winning :mad:

Phil (Winter Olympics Anorak! ;) )

davyboy 16 February 2006 06:24 PM

2nd is first of the losers.

;)

Simon C 16 February 2006 06:59 PM

And on a british desgined sled as well.

bluenosewrx 16 February 2006 08:23 PM

She should get financial backing now instaed of giving money to dogsh*t causes.

Mac

T123VOR 16 February 2006 09:06 PM

Well Done:thumb:

BMWhere? 16 February 2006 10:32 PM

Checken and egg scenario! Which came first the medal or the funding!

Really p1$$es me off that the UK won't give funding for sports, particularly winter sports! Holland have 4 medals and they live mostly underwater. Even Australia have a gold and there's more skiing in Scottland!

We've got real snow skiing in Scottland, dry slopes all over the country, snow domes, plenty of Ice rinks, yet we can only manage an average of 1 medal per games! And why exactly cant we find somewhere to build a bob run or ski jump???

Well down Shelley, and also well done to Chemmy Alcott and Noel Baxter who've both put in great alpine performances not forgetting the rest of the GB team for just being there despite the lack of support from the government! Fingers crossed for another few medals - lets see if we cant beat that great alpine nation that is holland ;)

bluenosewrx 16 February 2006 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by BMWhere?

Really p1$$es me off that the UK won't give funding for sports, particularly winter sports! Holland have 4 medals and they live mostly underwater. Even Australia have a gold and there's more skiing in Scottland!

We've got real snow skiing in Scottland, dry slopes all over the country, snow domes, plenty of Ice rinks, yet we can only manage an average of 1 medal per games! And why exactly cant we find somewhere to build a bob run or ski jump???

Well down Shelley, and also well done to Chemmy Alcott and Noel Baxter who've both put in great alpine performances not forgetting the rest of the GB team for just being there despite the lack of support from the government! Fingers crossed for another few medals - lets see if we cant beat that great alpine nation that is holland ;)

Totally agree mate, i mean the tallest thing in Tulip land is a windmill FFS.

Mac

Flatcapdriver 17 February 2006 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by BMWhere?

There's no way that there is more skiing in Scotland compared to Oz, it's all about funding which Australian athletes get via the Australian Institute for Sport.

CLSII 17 February 2006 09:16 PM

Is it all about funding?

Or is it because competitive sports in the UK are BAD and everyone should be a winner. After all if everyone takes 45 seconds to run 100m their all winners.

Sorry Irony mode off. :D