ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Project Gothem 3 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/492042-project-gothem-3-a.html)

Triple X 13 February 2006 01:05 AM

Project Gothem 3

Hi all,

Im enjoying every minute i spend on the 360 (which i have to say isnt many upto now!)
No doubt PGR3 is a great game in terms of graphics and physics BUT the thing i dont like about it is that it doesnt take long to be able to afford what is regarded the best/fastest/most expensive car in the game.
Fair enough it might take a long time to master the handling (and the courses)
once you have it but its knowing there is nothing after to aim for that makes me think the game is over too soon.
Anyone else?

Fair enough i havent plugged it into the telephone wire and took on the world yet but in single player mode the incentive is over too soon for me.

xxx

JackClark 13 February 2006 08:08 AM

It's not about the money or the goods, it's about the medals and kudos. When you get higher up the ranks you open up new cars. I've just ranked 3rd and picked up a Ford prototype with a garish blue interior.

bob269 13 February 2006 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark
It's not about the money or the goods, it's about the medals and kudos. When you get higher up the ranks you open up new cars. I've just ranked 3rd and picked up a Ford prototype with a garish blue interior.

As stated above tho, the best cars are unlocked early on, the later unlocked cars are pants tbh

Neanderthal 13 February 2006 11:00 AM

The single player game plays second fiddle to the Xbox Live! part of the game, which I imagine was MS eager to get more people signed up to the service. Hence a rather rushed game was released on launch.
I'm just hoping that Bizarre will release upgrade packs for it soon.....

wez_sti 13 February 2006 05:35 PM

totally agree, finished the game in no time at all and could buy the Enzo, F50 special etc almost straight away...

was waiting to see what 3,4,5 million could buy untill i realized i'd unlocked the most expensive cars already!

very disappointed i must admit... :(

messiah 13 February 2006 07:48 PM

Get online with it - online career is electronic herion... :thumb:

Neanderthal 13 February 2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by messiah

M'lud I rest my case ;)

wez_sti 14 February 2006 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by messiah

havent got broadband at the mo :cry:

NotoriousREV 14 February 2006 01:55 PM

I find the whole Kudos thing a bit ****e, to be honest. I want to race, not drive down the straights pulling the handbrake on every few seconds to gain kudos points.

Stunning graphics and I like the handling physics but rewarding cocking about rather than fast driving means it's not my favourite driving game.

messiah 14 February 2006 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
I find the whole Kudos thing a bit ****e, to be honest. I want to race, not drive down the straights pulling the handbrake on every few seconds to gain kudos points.

Stunning graphics and I like the handling physics but rewarding cocking about rather than fast driving means it's not my favourite driving game.

totally agree - creating a lobby and racing against folk you know is what is keeping this title alive for me - Kudos points are only useful in Solo Career - slides, 360s, air etc mean diddly squat online - winning is everything, and you soon realise that purposely doing the "style" moves actually slow you down.

Racing for TrueSkill points is much better.:D

Scooby-Doo 14 February 2006 11:07 PM

Online career mode has the biggest collection of numptie to$$ers going. They should rename the game destruction derby 360.

Triple X 14 February 2006 11:18 PM

LOL at the Kudo's thing being sh1te, agree totally.

Will have to get it online as it seems the majority are of the opinion the single player game aint upto much, i.e cr@p!

JackClark 15 February 2006 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
Online career mode has the biggest collection of numptie to$$ers going. They should rename the game destruction derby 360.

Have to agree, every time I race someone spins me out, whether overtaking or being overtaken. Becomes a pain in the arse after a short time.

RB5-Black 15 February 2006 08:17 AM

I've now reached hotshot on live career and plan never to play it again. It's playtime for me now :D

Scooby-Doo 15 February 2006 09:46 AM

Dropped 4000 places last night being taken out by w@nkers in pretty much every race.

Neanderthal 15 February 2006 10:26 AM

In previous PGR games you got Kudos for taking the racing line etc. Just another thing they've removed from this version :(

messiah 15 February 2006 10:53 AM

You syill get racing line kudos, but now you only get it at the end of a lap and not the "good line" points like you did in PGR2.

Haven't been on Online Career for a while either - get too many idiots shouting "Take out the professional" when they think I can't hear them :rolleyes:

Hepy 15 February 2006 12:25 PM

Is there a certain way of gaining places in the online leagues. I won a race the other day in a car that wasn't the fastest or most expensive. I actually dropped into the league below. I don't understand it.

messiah 15 February 2006 12:32 PM

You need to race against drivers who have an equal or better truSkill rating to improve - If I'm in a room now and no-ones within 10 points then I usually pull out cos it's a no win situation.

You'll often get the top drivers masquerading as crap drivers too, so you end up with a newcomer who blitzes everyone.

Swen6 15 February 2006 06:52 PM

The problem with this system, newbies wil never be able to match the people who've owned the game a while.
I'm alright at it but went on line and couldn't get near some of the people, they must spend every waking minute playing it, i'd get board before i could even match them.
Also some games achievements are based on you getting on the online table, same problem as above, there's just no chance of getting these as some people live on single games meaning there score is an unrealistic target.

Hepy 16 February 2006 01:36 PM

Do you think it takes into account what circuit you race at? I spend most of the time at the ring. I regularly beat hotshots and professionals, but my rating doesn't improve. Yesterday I beat a pro and a hotshot in one race and I went down 2 leagues.