ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2 Fast 2 Furious (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/491259-2-fast-2-furious.html)

captain ted 09 February 2006 09:01 PM

2 Fast 2 Furious

Did anyone see this last night?

Did anyone notice a plot?

Some very nice cars though! (and totty!)

Ted.

sti-04!! 09 February 2006 09:03 PM

:Suspiciou

JCScooby 09 February 2006 09:09 PM

awful, awful film. Not all that sure on the cars either.

THOMO 09 February 2006 09:23 PM

absolute shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

BLACK V5 09 February 2006 09:26 PM

I was that bored, for a laugh in the race at the start i timed them as they took off. Watch showed about 35 seconds before they hit 100.

G_Sleigh_STi 09 February 2006 09:26 PM

Awful film. The quality of acting is shocking.

Cars are alright mind.. BUT evo going backwords at 70mph on motorway. lol

bob r 09 February 2006 09:30 PM

watched corri instead, and that is mind numbing.

kingofturds 09 February 2006 09:41 PM

truly cheesy as fook, i did watch the first half hour though just for that chinese bird:norty:

SPEN555 09 February 2006 09:50 PM

How come they make all the jap cars look total pants??? Where as the American V8's look :cool: :cool:

Alas 09 February 2006 09:55 PM

Worth it just for Eva Mendes .......... and before you ask
Pic:D
http://students.washington.edu/yoroj...evamendes2.jpg

kingofturds 09 February 2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
How come they make all the jap cars look total pants??? Where as the American V8's look :cool: :cool:

and surely you would not weigh your street racers down with enough neons to light black pool tower, a fook of spazzy great spoiler and a 40 kg afro:)

Curtiz 09 February 2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK V5
I was that bored, for a laugh in the race at the start i timed them as they took off. Watch showed about 35 seconds before they hit 100.

:lol1: have u also noticed they change gear like every two seconds

Spankathon 10 February 2006 08:55 AM

Bloody hell, its a film purely to show/demonstrate the extent of car tuning/street racing in America... which it does very well, nice cars too, so, people would watch it for the cars and women..... if you do, then you'll be happy, if you go expecting a detailed plot with twists and turns, then thats your tough luck.... these films dont pretend to be anything they aren't !!!

GrahamG 10 February 2006 08:58 AM

i was lucky enough to see this free in the cinema....

THANK GOD!!!!

JohnD 10 February 2006 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds
and surely you would not weigh your street racers down with enough neons to light black pool tower, a fook of spazzy great spoiler and a 40 kg afro:)

Could'nt believe the '70s afros
Being chased with the neons on - now you would'nt want the plod to loose sight of you would you!
Loved the "Star Trek warp drive effect" when the nitrous button was pressed!
Saw the orange bugeye - yuk!
I watched it with my son (EVO IX FQ320) The wife went to bed! Next morning she said "What were you two laughing at last night"

JohnD

WRXPete 10 February 2006 10:09 AM

It's just throw away tat which is why it's perfectly enjoyable!! It's a laugh....by the way the plot is there's some bad dudes and the heroes are bad but not as bad and come good to nail the bad dudes...and there's women to look at!!

Great stuff, i have both films on DvD ;)

scoobyboy1 10 February 2006 10:34 AM

It would be even more boring if they had standard Scooby's, evo's and Supra's. To be fair, most tuned cars Ive seen from the USA look a lot like the cars out of the Fast and Furious films.:wonder:

Still think they should make a british version, 2 **** 2 Serious, would be great to see some max'd up Nova's and 160bhp Saxo VTS kicking some Evo/Skyline ass.:luxhello:

gotmashed 10 February 2006 10:41 AM

there making a 3rd ! it best be better than number 2

pics of number 3
http://www.evolicious.com/spypics

oh and the erm plot/story line
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

superstar1 10 February 2006 12:00 PM

F+F

Did you notice the number of times they changed gear, i think those cars must have had a 16 speed box with a splitter and range change.
Saw the cars featured in the film at one of the theme parks in Florida, they were knackered due to the number of people draping themselves over the bonnets for photo's etc.
Anybody that gets hold of a performance motor and sprays it and stickers it up like that should be gelded.....unless your Batman and Robin.

Steve777 10 February 2006 12:24 PM

It made me laugh when they kept focusing on a manual shift change as though its something cool to have in Amercia as most cars are auto.

'WOW look at that a manual gear change. I'd love one of those', you here them say

:D

GazTheHat 10 February 2006 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by superstar1
Did you notice the number of times they changed gear, i think those cars must have had a 16 speed box with a splitter and range change.

Unbelievable! I didn't know an Evo had a 16 speed gear box, or that it could spin into reverse from 8th gear and reverse the same speed as a dodgy honda (civic?) in 9th! :cuckoo: :wonder: :lol1:

GrollySTI 10 February 2006 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steve777
It made me laugh when they kept focusing on a manual shift change as though its something cool to have in Amercia as most cars are auto.

'WOW look at that a manual gear change. I'd love one of those', you here them say

:D

Ha ha - yeah - the kept showing their feet pressing the clutch pedal like it was a hhuuuuuuuuggggggggeee deal !!:lol1:

stilover 10 February 2006 02:22 PM

2 Crap, 2 Tedious. :sleep:

hoskib 10 February 2006 02:57 PM

made me chuckle at the end when they're hacking down the motorway, backslaping each other at another fantastic overtaking move, whooshing and tooshing and they've still got some beat up old standard police car up their arse!:lol1:

R25 sti 10 February 2006 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Curtiz
:lol1: have u also noticed they change gear like every two seconds

i counted 9 up gear changes in one sequence..:lol:

mickyjeff 10 February 2006 06:57 PM

oh

Originally Posted by captain ted
Did anyone see this last night?

Did anyone notice a plot?

Some very nice cars though! (and totty!)

Ted.

it is the septic tanks for gods sake
mick :lol1:

scoobydooooo 10 February 2006 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by THOMO
absolute shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

totally agree , it was laughable how bad it was , i loved the noise the gear change made :wonder: and no i didn't watch it , i caught a car chase when surfing from sky's bleedin adverts

wide 10 February 2006 07:31 PM

Fantastic film, cant believe it didnt get oscars

captain ted 10 February 2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
made me chuckle at the end when they're hacking down the motorway, backslaping each other at another fantastic overtaking move, whooshing and tooshing and they've still got some beat up old standard police car up their arse!:lol1:

Same in the new Dukes of Hazzard film.

Bloody great tuned up muscle car enters a race in last place, godlike driving and power move Bo Duke up through the other racers and cops stay 2 feet off his bumper!

Mind you, **** hot film though that takes the mick out of itself.

2 Fast 2 Furious took itself waaay too serious.

Ted.

RAF1 10 February 2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
Worth it just for Eva Mendes .......... and before you ask
Pic:D
http://students.washington.edu/yoroj...evamendes2.jpg

gotta agree with you there............. :)

Raf.