ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spare tyre, OH my god (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/490978-spare-tyre-oh-my-god.html)

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:08 PM

Spare tyre, OH my god

I had no idea Subaru spares were like this

Bright yellow polo mint :mad:

Surely cant be safe

RON 08 February 2006 10:11 PM

Up to 50 mph they're fine..... but you'll need to put it on the back if you have big brakes up front.....:)

Gutmann pug 08 February 2006 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
I had no idea Subaru spares were like this

Bright yellow polo mint :mad:

Surely cant be safe

How fast do you intend driving with it on?

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:14 PM

Obviously i will keep to under 120mph with it on.

It just looked so stupid next to the wheel that came off, i just wasnt expecting it thats all :)

seanks 08 February 2006 10:19 PM

Reckon they're like that so you make sure that you get your proper tyre's puncture fixed as soon as possible. And that as it's so obviously awfull you don't forget it's on and try and beat any chaved Corsas from the lights!!

8D

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:21 PM

Can you repair all tyres, i saw a screw sticking in the tyre, not side wall damage.

Potenza RE070

not sure if i like the idea of repairing it :wonder:

Bubba po 08 February 2006 10:24 PM

Can you repair all tyres, i saw a screw sticking in the tyre, not side wall damage.

Potenza RE070

If it's about 20mm-ish from the sidewall I think it's repairable. They'll tell you at the garage. :)

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
If it's about 20mm-ish from the sidewall I think it's repairable. They'll tell you at the garage. :)

Even if they do do it, it would play on my mind. It would be different if it was my fiesta.

New set tomorrow me thinks :(

davedipster 08 February 2006 10:32 PM

Potenza RE070

If they can't repair it give me a PM, I have a spare one with 1k miles on it.

dipster

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
If they can't repair it give me a PM, I have a spare one with 1k miles on it.

dipster

what size is i mate? the tyre that is :D

davedipster 08 February 2006 10:36 PM

225/45 17 90w re070.

dipster

Bubba po 08 February 2006 10:38 PM

Even if they do do it, it would play on my mind. It would be different if it was my fiesta.

New set tomorrow me thinks :(

Nononononoooo! It's repaired to completely reliable standards! Don't waste your money. Besides, how worn are your tyres? You can't wind up your diff on an Impreza you know. It's not like the old Cavalier 4X4.

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
225/45 17 90w re070.

dipster

YHPM :thumb:

cookstar 08 February 2006 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Nononononoooo! It's repaired to completely reliable standards! Don't waste your money. Besides, how worn are your tyres? You can't wind up your diff on an Impreza you know. It's not like the old Cavalier 4X4.

TBH they are worn, to repair it would be false economy, as they really should be changed. :)

stevem2k 08 February 2006 11:36 PM

invest in a full size 5th wheel/tyre and stick it in the rotation. If you get a bad puncture you can carry on with 4 wheels then until they're ready for
replacement.....

Steve

cookstar 08 February 2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by stevem2k
invest in a full size 5th wheel/tyre and stick it in the rotation. If you get a bad puncture you can carry on with 4 wheels then until they're ready for
replacement.....

Steve

Well funny you should say that, i will hopefully be picking up a tyre tomorrow, and it has a WR1 wheel with it, Im thinking repair the foofed one and have it as a spare on the wr1 rim in the boot.

Jobs a goodun. :thumb:

Dspeed 08 February 2006 11:55 PM

Wait til u see how much a nes tyre for the yellow polo costs.

cookstar 08 February 2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dspeed
Wait til u see how much a nes tyre for the yellow polo costs.

go on how much :D

somehow i dont think i will be changing that though ;)

Dspeed 09 February 2006 12:04 AM

I asked at a local garage once and they said £160! "Because its unusuall and only made by big brand names" So I put a new tyre on my alloy and have never asked again. Was maybe 3 years ago now tho.

Adidas 09 February 2006 12:44 AM

Cookie,

Are you gonna try to spare out on track?? Cause you'd never notice the difference :p ;) :D

cookstar 09 February 2006 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Adidas
Cookie,

Are you gonna try to spare out on track?? Cause you'd never notice the difference :p ;) :D

:confused:

Care to elaborate :lol1:

:D

Adidas 09 February 2006 12:49 AM

Should I go and find some of the pictures ;)

cookstar 09 February 2006 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Adidas
Should I go and find some of the pictures ;)

How was the first bend in the 1.6 mate ;)

fair play, ya got me :lol1:

mgcvk 09 February 2006 09:16 AM

Anyone heard of this stuff ironically called "phlat 4". They were flogging it on Ideal World shopping channel for £20 plus postage. You let your tyres down pour this stuff in via the air valve and reinflate. If you get a puncture whilst moving it immediately seals up the hole. Meant to be a fix for the life of the tyre no matter how many puncture holes it gets. Looks good, I'm on the verge of getting some.

speedking 09 February 2006 09:21 AM

If you then get a puncture that the 'system' can't deal with then it cannot be repaired in the conventional way :( At ~£10 for a conventional repair I would chance it. (Only 1 puncture in 55000 / 3 sets of tyres)

GrahamG 09 February 2006 09:45 AM

i have always wanted to drive a car with a full set of space savers!! it would be like an old renault!!

Graz 09 February 2006 09:54 AM

Funny this thread because my Scooby is also currently sat at home on the space saver. I have a wheel / tyre in the back of my girlfriends Megane with a screw sticking out of it :mad:

Going to get it repaired by the local tyre place at lunchtime hopefully. I'm also not a big fan of puncture repairs but the tyre is only a few months old. Annoying to have to shell out on a new pair of tyres as these are barely worn so I think I suffer the repair and just keep a good eye on it :eek:

cookstar 09 February 2006 04:38 PM

I want to put another space saver on the other side at the back and do some drifting now :lol1:

Part worn tyre sourced and spare full size alloy :thumb: The power of Scoobynet :)

The Zohan 09 February 2006 04:39 PM

Obviously i will keep to under 120mph with it on.

It just looked so stupid next to the wheel that came off, i just wasnt expecting it thats all :)

May look stupid but at least it is not flat at the bottom;)