ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   should i or shouldnt i ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/490825-should-i-or-shouldnt-i.html)

Stan Laurel 08 February 2006 04:01 PM

should i or shouldnt i ?

hi all
this is my first thread so here goes.
i am thinking of buying an impreza 2.0 turbo 5 door, its a 51 plate with 50k on the clock in a nice dark blue colour.
i wanted a wrx 4 door but the wife was not at all keen so there you go. will it still put a smile on my face,the car i am part exing is a volvo s40 dont laugh...
i appreciate all replies.
regards Stan

cookstar 08 February 2006 04:04 PM

divorce and a four door :thumb:

Paul3446 08 February 2006 04:06 PM

Is it a bugeye model, if so I'd advise going for the previous shape, which will probably depreciate less and look 10 times better (IMHO).

fitzscoob 08 February 2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Paul3446
Is it a bugeye model, if so I'd advise going for the previous shape, which will probably depreciate less and look 10 times better (IMHO).

Also, from a classic uk turbo to bugeye wrx the performance difference wont be staggering.

moneys 08 February 2006 05:09 PM

ive got a bugeye wagon mate its the dogs danglys . the wagon is not as much in your face as a 4dr and you can also throw the dog in the boot. the bugeye is a lot more refined than the classic but the classic is a quicker car! at the end of the day you dont buy a scooby for its looks you buy cos of the way it go,s.:norty:

Oldfella 08 February 2006 05:13 PM

If it's a Bugeye buy it, far superior car, forget the classic, nothing but old rust buckets :D

(runs for cover, turns off pc and hides) :lol1:

mur69 08 February 2006 05:20 PM

Maybe a good idea Oldfella :lol1:

fitzscoob 08 February 2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Oldfella
If it's a Bugeye buy it, far superior car, forget the classic, nothing but old rust buckets :D

LOL I can sense a 10 pager coming along :)

Luke C 08 February 2006 05:23 PM

:lol1:

Hey you git! I have a classic.....blah blah blah!!! :D:D:D

Luke C 08 February 2006 05:23 PM

Nah, dont listen to the wife mate! :D:D:D

She will have you driving a Rover or summit! :)

moneys 08 February 2006 05:23 PM

well put i was trying to be a little bit more discreet. BEWARE the classic boys will be slowly rounding up on you .:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Oldfella 08 February 2006 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Luke C
:lol1:

Hey you git! I have a classic.....blah blah blah!!! :D:D:D

Not for long......God bless rust and thin Japanese steel ;) :D

island991 08 February 2006 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stan Laurel
hi all
this is my first thread so here goes.
i am thinking of buying an impreza 2.0 turbo 5 door, its a 51 plate with 50k on the clock in a nice dark blue colour.
i wanted a wrx 4 door but the wife was not at all keen so there you go. will it still put a smile on my face,the car i am part exing is a volvo s40 dont laugh...
i appreciate all replies.
regards Stan

stan, newbie myself and had exactly the same problem about 2 weeks ago. i wanted wrx 4dr (2003 blob eye if that what its called, ie not classic not bugeye not '06) wife wanted 5dr (classic '00)........in the end it came down to wife saying would i allow dog in the 4dr (NO!) and would i put a roofrack on for our kayaks on the 4dr (NO!). Plus a saving of £3500 ish on the 5dr over 4dr (5dr being older).

anyway for the last 2 weeks ive been the proud owner of a 5dr classic. mint, year 2000 with only 30000 on clock. And although i felt like id missed out for the first 30mins, then i got on the open roads, and damn its a great car!!!

i say its not a compromise it's equal, plus its less eye catching. as someone else wrote on forum, park it front in in a car park and noone will look twice. but you'll know when you put your foot down!! and youll get less attention from mr plod:norty: . both will make you smile everytime you get in!!

All IMHO!!

and lets face it from a volvo which ever you get is gonna blow you away!!
I changed from a hyundai accent:freak3: !! (yes.....officially the worst car of 2004/5) 2 extremes!!:lol1:

scoobfan 08 February 2006 06:12 PM

Just goes to show, chicks dig classic wagons !:D

Rob
(A far superior Classic Ninja Wagon owner);)

pslewis 08 February 2006 06:26 PM

A wagon is:-

Faster

Looks Better

Women Melt When They See One

Handles Better

Driven By Mature Men ... 4-Doors are driven by 20 something boyz

Carries More

Also, do NOT buy a bug eye!!!! NEVER ... have you seen how desperate people are to get rid of them??

THEY ARE REALLY REALLY UGLY!! and its DOES matter!!

A Classic Wagon, last of the breed a 2000 Model Year, is the best Impreza you can buy and own.

Pete

island991 08 February 2006 06:40 PM

:luxhello: :luxhello: :lol: :lol: :luxhello: :luxhello:

cookstar 08 February 2006 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Faster

Looks Better

Handles Better

Carries More

Also, do NOT buy a bug eye!!!! NEVER ... have you seen how desperate people are to get rid of them??

A Classic Wagon, last of the breed a 2000 Model Year, is the best Impreza you can buy and own.

Pete

chav :Whatever_

scoobfan 08 February 2006 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
chav :Whatever_

Chav's drive saloons not Wagons ;)

Rob

MikeCardiff 08 February 2006 07:11 PM

Classic Wagon = second ugliest car ever made
Bugeye Wagon = ugliest car ever made

Ignore Pete, he only needs a wagon so he can carry all his money around in the back.

But anythings better than a Volvo ( you do realise that an eye test is compulsory before being allowed to drive a Subaru though ? don't think they are in Volvos..... )

cookstar 08 February 2006 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by scoobfan
Chav's drive saloons not Wagons ;)

Rob

Pete is the biggest closet Chav going, he just slipped up there for a mo, its just the tip of the iceburg ;)

FLAT ERIC 08 February 2006 08:39 PM

Blob it & then Mod it. :)

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/albums/album27/IMG_9491.jpg

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/albums/a..._MAP.sized.jpg

Then enjoy it. http://www.imprezasport.net/forums/h...ns/driving.gif

Mark ;)

scoobfan 08 February 2006 08:46 PM

Dark and moody, very nice indeed :cool:

Rob

island991 08 February 2006 08:47 PM

such a sweet ride.......ought to be a classic though!!.......

Eckmcmann 08 February 2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Faster

Looks Better

Handles Better

Carries More

Pete

pete how would you know if its faster when you never break the 40mph barrier :brickwall

Oldfella 08 February 2006 10:02 PM

Now then, just hang on a moment. I was extremely provoking earlier on this thread, I made derogatory comments about Classics, I demand more abuse.
This situation is very unfair, had Peter S Lewis made such comments, you would have been all over him in a flash :(

Scooby New 10 February 2006 11:00 AM

But you're old and you drive a bugeye (well you would do if it was ever on the road) so people feel sorry for you! Pete on the other hand deserves all he gets ;)

But if it's abuse you want.......................

Oldfella 10 February 2006 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby New
But you're old and you drive a bugeye (well you would do if it was ever on the road) so people feel sorry for you! Pete on the other hand deserves all he gets ;)

But if it's abuse you want.......................

That's a bit mutch from someone that drives around in a PINK rusty old classic :p :lol1:

Scooby New 10 February 2006 12:25 PM

"mutch"??? I presume you mean "much"?

GazTheHat 10 February 2006 12:30 PM

When i said we should get another subaru, the wifey jumped at the chance of a classic wagon. So then i came home with an 04 STi. She was not amused, but i'm alive, just, and not single and have the car i've dreamt of for ages! :thumb:

But i still have a soft-spot for the classic wagons. If i were you that's what i'd buy. The latest (2000?) classic wagon, like pslewis was saying, then let the fun begin.

superstar1 10 February 2006 01:04 PM

Get a Wagon cos you don't get targeted by TOWCERS or highjackers and you don't get surrounded by young lads on BMX bikes and mopeds when parked up. And the best bit is, you can have ppp fitted and give most cars on the road a good leathering while carrying your groceries in the back. And your missus don't nag because weather your doing 30 or 90 it's just the same-no major drama.