ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   New 1GB iPod Nano (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/490525-new-1gb-ipod-nano.html)

Markus 07 February 2006 02:58 PM

New 1GB iPod Nano

Looks like the shuffle is being EOL'd as Apple has today announced a 1GB nano with a price of £109. Price of the Shuffle dtops to £49 for the 512KB version and £69 for the 1GB version.

Have to admit I never saw the point of the shuffle, an MP3 player with no display is somewhat silly to say the least.

STi wanna Subaru 07 February 2006 04:14 PM

£25 memory card in your phone does the same job. pointless things IMHO if you own a mobile.

Daz34 07 February 2006 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
£25 memory card in your phone does the same job. pointless things IMHO if you own a mobile.

I thought that but it sure does kill your phone battery a damn sight quicker than an mp3 player.

Markus 07 February 2006 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

Are you talking about all MP3 players, or just the ? 1GB sized players?

Am curious to know what phone you've got and what format of files it can accept. Does the phone have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? If not then can you get some form of convertor to allow use of normal headphones, which would also allow you to integrate it with in home or in car audio.

STi wanna Subaru 07 February 2006 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Markus
Are you talking about all MP3 players, or just the ? 1GB sized players?

Am curious to know what phone you've got and what format of files it can accept. Does the phone have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? If not then can you get some form of convertor to allow use of normal headphones, which would also allow you to integrate it with in home or in car audio.

P910i, pretty much any file. I use ogg. 2.5mm but can get a convertor to 3.5mm

I see the point of the normal iPod in having all you music in one place but these small ones dont do it for me. even more so as flash memory comes down in price.

darlodge 07 February 2006 05:13 PM

The girlfriend has a shuffle and its perfect for her and me.

She listens to it all the time and is not bothered that there is no display. Why is a display so important? Once you know what's playing you won't look at it again until it changes track. As the shuffle is alot smaller that the 'normal' ipod and the large Nano's (2 and 4GB), you have to be more selective what you put on the ipod anyway so she's always got a rough idea what's on there.

When I take it out running (in the Apple arm strap) I also have no concern that there is no screen. I Coudl not read it anyway if there was one as it would be bobbing up and down :)

Darren

mattbeef 07 February 2006 07:23 PM

i just want to see if we have got them in at work yet cause im sad like that :D