ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hi All, need help winding a mate up!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/490496-hi-all-need-help-winding-a-mate-up.html)

silverscoobydan 07 February 2006 01:29 PM

Hi All, need help winding a mate up!!!!!

Hello

I work with the guy who has put the following up on ebay.

Please, please, please can you help me take the p*ss a little.

Feel free to ask questions, watch the item or god fobid acually bid on it!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTHENTIC-THAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Paul3446 07 February 2006 01:37 PM

Someone's put in a bid! Quite scary really!

MJW 07 February 2006 01:38 PM

I've asked a pertinent question ...

OllyK 07 February 2006 01:39 PM

"Do you have the lab reports from Thames Water and a independently issued certificate of authenticity?"

methodman 07 February 2006 01:40 PM

Hi All, need help winding a mate up!!!!!

get him to join here!

GrahamG 07 February 2006 01:43 PM

will he show the questions asked?

MattW 07 February 2006 01:47 PM

Sent this (spelling mistakes for authenticity)

Greetings
Myy namme is Abdula Scoobydua, I am riting to you with regards your water from tames river.

I hope to purchass water from you for my cusin in Nigeria. I hope that you will consider sale for 1000 great britan pounds. My agent Mr Dan will send you check for 10000 pounds and you will send water. The difference must be sent to my cusin in France.

I await your reply.
Greetings to your family

MJW 07 February 2006 01:50 PM

I just asked if the whale had peed in it and whether or not it was safe to drink

ricardo_wrx 07 February 2006 01:51 PM

brilliant!:lol1:

silverscoobydan 07 February 2006 01:58 PM

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

Keep it coming guys, this will be a corker!!!!!

Dan

Alas 07 February 2006 03:08 PM

I've asked him a question.
Have any offensive items in the water been removed such as condoms and sewage. If not then great!!

Alas 07 February 2006 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alas
I've asked him a question.
Have any offensive items in the water been removed such as condoms and sewage. If not then great!!

Just got a reply
There wasn't any in there. This is a serious Marine Biology project. The only contaminents that MAY be in there are Hindu funeral ash and broken popper files

PG 07 February 2006 03:29 PM

asked if it had a hint of whale wee and would it make a nice aperitif for my dinner parties.

Hi I have already sold 40 ltrs to `A Taste of the Punjab` restaurant in Huddersfield. No one has complained or been taken ill but I cannot be responsible for the batch up for auction.

GrahamG 07 February 2006 03:31 PM

He needs to answer some of these question through his ebay so we can see them all!!

SOme funny questions

GrahamG 07 February 2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by PG
asked if it had a hint of whale wee and would it make a nice aperitif for my dinner parties.

Hi I have already sold 40 ltrs to `A Taste of the Punjab` restaurant in Huddersfield. No one has complained or been taken ill but I cannot be responsible for the batch up for auction.

PMSL

The Zohan 07 February 2006 03:36 PM

Done

"Have you any proof that this is in fact the water that the whale popped his cloggs in, is there some sort of DNA proof or a certificate from a marine biologist or infact any whale dump in the water to back up this tale of mamalian woe and your shameful profiteering from it!"

Hope this helps

MattW 07 February 2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MattW

Greetings
Myy namme is Abdula Scoobydua, I am riting to you with regards your water from tames river.

I hope to purchass water from you for my cusin in Nigeria. I hope that you will consider sale for 1000 great britan pounds. My agent Mr Dan will send you check for 10000 pounds and you will send water. The difference must be sent to my cusin in France.

I await your reply.
Greetings to your family

My reply

I only accept cash (sterling) and paypal. I've had a bad experience recently from the Congo, I foolishly agreed to send 1000 Huddersfield Town football shirts out there, COD. I'm still waiting.

The Zohan 07 February 2006 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by MattW

Greetings

I await your reply.
Greetings to your family

My reply

I only accept cash (sterling) and paypal. I've had a bad experience recently from the Congo, I foolishly agreed to send 1000 Huddersfield Town football shirts out there, COD. I'm still waiting.

PRICELESS - LMFAO!

MJW 07 February 2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by MJW
I just asked if the whale had peed in it and whether or not it was safe to drink

Well, this just in - he's answered my question :

Originally Posted by Weird Ebay Seller
The water would probably contain Whale urine but in a very dilute. I have however recently sold 50 ltrs of same to Rochdale Hornets RLFC Social Club where the members have been happily using it with their scotch. I've had no reports of any negative consequences. Anthony Worrell Thompson is reputed to also be interested.

GrahamG 07 February 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
PRICELESS - LMFAO!

He's good!!

silverscoobydan 07 February 2006 04:57 PM

This gets better. THANK YOU ALL.

He is a top bloke who will handle it well. However he is VERY confused as to why so much interest has been attracted by the item.

He has narrowed it down to 2 or 3 people at work who may wind him up but he cannot understand how we have got so many usernames.

Please keep it going this is great!!!!

DAN

Burt 07 February 2006 05:10 PM

Q: Can you please confirm the volume of water this is for auction. Will their be free transportation I may be interested, as we are on a water meter.

A: Quantity, .5 ltr. You will be paying postage, see details. Don't fully understand what the water meter has to do with it unless your thinking of bathing, drinking & flushing the bog. I've already thought about a Wally Wall Banging Cocktail, so don't muscle in there mate or I'll set my Standard Poodle on you.

SOOPERB!!!

All Torque 07 February 2006 05:16 PM

"Hi I work for a health food distribator could you keep me with a regular supply of this water, I could bottle it, and include you with the profit, I can see us both being millionares very soon."