ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Counter Strike Counter Strike Counter Strike : STi Clan Practice : Monday 22nd Oct (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/49034-counter-strike-counter-strike-counter-strike-sti-clan-practice-monday-22nd-oct.html)

Steve Perriam 15 October 2001 06:23 PM

another session for next week.........

BarrysWorld - HL Bookable (04)
Address :zeppo.barrysworld.com:27018
IP address 213.221.174.135:27018

Date : Mon 22nd Oct
Time : 20:00 - 22:00
Password : scoobydoo

Post if you can OR cant make it and 3 maps of your choice.

cya

steveicq 3147057

BarryK 16 October 2001 11:36 AM

If I see another "Osama Bin Laden" on line I am going to scream.

You reckon they sit up all night thinking up a name? Good grief what happened to flair and individuality/ I haven't got all of it have I?

Oh well, if it's Monday there must be fighting talk on Barrysworld so come on, and bring your juke box money.

I'll admin so Steve can concentrate on keeping moving. :)

Steve Perriam 16 October 2001 12:06 PM

no m8, not to worry on that score - u aint got all of it ;)

oh u will will u.......got a thirst for the power have we ;)

sometimes i really think i'd be better of just doing admin and not playing !

must try the new spectator mode sometime !

roadrunner 16 October 2001 02:55 PM

Hey North & South calm down. I think both your times are up....its time for the midlands to manage the server. At least everyone would have decent maps to play on 747, office, 747 and some more 747 :)

Anyway, as I haven't got control yet can you consider
Storm
cbble
vegas

rr

[Edited by roadrunner - 10/16/2001 2:56:29 PM]

Steve Perriam 16 October 2001 03:35 PM

no chance roady...i will never relinquish the power :D

'ere we always have 747 cos i always vote for it !!

not sure bout office though - they really ruined it sometime ago with all those orrid changes.

NeVeTaS2001 16 October 2001 10:50 PM

I'm the Red Alert II daddy, who wants there butts slaped down?

Steve Perriam 17 October 2001 09:23 AM

bring it on down Mr Daddy

we'll be waiting for ya

NM 17 October 2001 11:26 AM

C what I can do M8

I have informed the lads at work but I am on holiday this week in the sunny land of decorating, in a town called The Bathroom, so I dont know there answer yet. I will find out later.

I will be there if I can.

Any maps as long as we have Dust2

Cheers

Neal :)

Steve Perriam 17 October 2001 11:43 AM

me on holiday too but me playing Max Payne and Ultima Online :D

oh and washing / polishing car.

dust 2 is ok as long we have good turnout...2 big else and i think T biased if there are only a few playing.

BarryK 17 October 2001 11:47 AM

Steve,

Look out for me [STi] tag will be on.

CS shortly and this avvy.

DavidHill 19 October 2001 10:26 PM

ok for monday.....any maps will do.

Merlin:)

DavidHill 19 October 2001 10:43 PM

I've been wandering around looking to improve my lag problem, seen bits and pieces about Adsl, anyone had experience with it? I can get bt openworld in my area for £39.95 a month and £75 installation, does this sound about right?

David

Steve Perriam 19 October 2001 10:56 PM

i'm looking for that to cos my 56k connection is crap.

m8 has bt adsl since aug and is v happy.

others are not so from wot i see. i never seem to get around to calling them to sort it out.

might investigate alternatives.....NTL / BlueYonder ?

cya sun / mon

steve

Neanderthal 19 October 2001 10:59 PM

I've got NTL cable.
Sometimes it's really good, other times people get a better pping than me with ISDN.

My average ping is usually between 60-80, but on UK2 servers it can be as highas 250 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Matt

DavidHill 19 October 2001 11:04 PM

From what i could gather i could get bt in 15 days, i can live with the rental as i pay £15 now for aol, its just the installation costs thats puts me off at the moment. Ntl works out a bit cheaper i think but i cant get it where i live :(

NM 21 October 2001 03:18 PM

Count me and the boys in.

Any map choice

Anyone care to join 'Muddy Funster' and 'The Anusol Applicatorrrr' we will be playing from 3pm onwards in a marathon session running upto the scoobynet session.

C ya l8r

Neal :)

BarryK 22 October 2001 12:11 PM

Might get on about 5 ish, where will you be?

Steve Perriam 22 October 2001 01:06 PM

not working today then Bazza ;) ;)

Steve Perriam 22 October 2001 06:57 PM

ok, no real map choices so we have the follow map chosen democratically by the Devon BBQ Jury :D

Cbbl
Vegas
Storm
Survivor
Inferno

20 mins on each. FF is ON.

cya in an hour.

steve

BarryK 23 October 2001 12:33 AM

Wtf is wrong with CS? It lags like crap and becomes pointless, I think I'll go back to standalone games.

I don't think we need book, BW ordinary servers are frequently empty or 1% full.

Where did everyone go, or are you all pissed off?

Neanderthal 23 October 2001 10:00 AM

Was FF on?

Those 2 hours flew past (once my machine stopped locking up! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])

I still think it's worth booking the time slots cause Steve can pick and change maps and settings (such as FF).
He can also kick the little kids who think it's really funny changing their names to Bin Laden.

Matt

dsmith 23 October 2001 10:20 AM

That bloke Bog was a bit good :)

Was having a great time and then all of a sudden I seemed to change in to some 10ft diameter target that magnetically attracted bullets and was incapable of hitting a barn door about five feet away.

C/S - Makes you want to scream sometimes.

Barry - was gonna join on Barrysworld but I havent re-added the BW servers on to my favourites since they changed the ports. Went to the BW site to find them and couldn't get on it. ?? Tried UK2.net but laggy as a laggy thing so went and watched TV instead :(

Shame about your ADSL. It may be an BT problem so its worth reporting the cr*p performance. On the other hand you may be unlucky and at your exchange you have several big users sharing your bandwidth. Remember the ADSL bandwisth is not yours alone. As it gets more popular the early adopters *will* see their performance degrade.

I dont have the option cos I need ISDN for work and ADSL aint available yet.

Steve Perriam 23 October 2001 11:00 AM

yep FF was on - well most of the time i might have forgot for one of the maps - unfortunately you seem to have to reset it to on with each map change ?

was total lag session all nite :(

i agree bazza - i feel i am totally wasting my team these days due to my connection and the advantage lpb's have over me. its less about skill, more about connection.

i've played so little CS in the past month - i'm heavily into Ultima Online and i am into Max Payne single player. In fact i basically only play CS now when STi have a session. rarely do i join a server otherwise.....lag and cheating are killing CS IMHO.

steve

[Edited by Steve Perriam - 10/23/2001 11:06:24 AM]

BarryK 23 October 2001 11:12 AM

No, no. When I said we don't need book, I meant that to be for when we all log on we should have a "home" BW server we all check first?

Totally agree with the STi sessions, where we control what's going on. A big up for Steve for sticking in and doing the bookings.

Does anyone know if there is a problem not being admitted to?

I have to fine tune my ADSL, cos it still has some hangover from HH I think.

I experienced people hanging in mid air, killing me, then disappearing who knows where? And that was on FIFA 2001 on the PS2 for goodness sake.

NM 23 October 2001 11:55 AM

Hi Guys

Good session last night. Good to see a healthy turn out for a change. Got to agree with Steve about CS, only playing it now with STi due to cheaters and the amount of lag I have been getting recently.

On the ADSL problems, speak to the BT helpline as they sorted all my mate problems out in a couple of mins. He has suffered no problems since his chat.

I am getting to enjoy 747, machine guns and all.

Vagas is totally pants.

Neandathol are you comming to the Coventry area meet this Sunday ??? its just up the road your side of rugby.

Cheers

Neal

Steve Perriam 23 October 2001 12:30 PM

yeah it was gr8 to see our best turnout for a couple months i reckon !

far too often recently we have been down to 3v3 :(

i'll keep doing the bookings - just wish we could get that sort of turnout more regularly.

if the days i'm booking dont suit let me know.

glad u njoyed 747 Neal...i have always thought it was a classic map, no snipers and classic close in T v CT scenario where camping is deffo a must for T's.

cya

steve

i'd still like us to 'hire' our own server but it needs finanical commitment from probably a minimum of 10 people.

dsmith 23 October 2001 01:17 PM

Thoroughly Enjoy the STi sessions. Many Thanks to Steve P for organising the servers and doing the admin (and BarryK when he gets anew watch!) . It is good with a nice turnout. I'd be prepared to contribute towards a private server. If we could get one that was public except when we want it, we could make it a general Meeting point for {STi} when on-line.

I keep my eyes and ears open at work for spare boxes on nice Internet connections but haven't got anything yet :( We are building a new application hosting environment soon with a large (and I mean large) internet pipe. I've offered to perform "some interactive visual bandwidth and latency performance testing" but no joy yet :D

Deano

roadrunner 23 October 2001 01:41 PM

Sess last night was short but sweet for me. It's a shame I just couldn't make it earlier, oh well :)

I would definitely be interested in contributing towards a private server, especially if the server hosts other online games that everyone else likes.... Anyone like Online Pokemon :)

Met King Pin after the sess, unfortunately as soon as I decided to leave that server due to having a 350ping :rolleyes: Tooty boy joined, soz Baz if I didn't say hi when you joined. I only just noticed you when I pressed escape :)

rr

BarryK 23 October 2001 01:51 PM

"Tooty Boy" :eek:

Tooty boy!

Right you are definately going in the book. :)

Steve Perriam 23 October 2001 02:19 PM

ok, i'll post an new thread later for you all to register ot contribute towards the Steve P BBQ Fund :D :D :D

ooops, i mean a CS server for [STi].

various options usually about whether you open it to the public or not and it can always be passworded so you can keep the plebs off ! :)

lol @ deano - talk about IT jargon !! :D

afraid i did not go to any server after we finished cos i was to pi**ed off so i played Ultima Online instead.

steve