ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   11 yr old has heroin overdose (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/489945-11-yr-old-has-heroin-overdose.html)

Chip 05 February 2006 01:18 PM

11 yr old has heroin overdose

Unbelievable. What is this country coming to.

The girl is now said to be recovering in hospital
An 11-year-old girl from Glasgow has been treated in hospital for the effects of smoking heroin after she collapsed at school.
The girl, who has not been named, fell ill at a primary school on Wednesday. She is now said to be recovering.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said the girl was admitted to hospital "on an emergency basis with what appeared to be heroin intoxication".

Strathclyde Police and social services have launched an investigation

A city council spokesman said on Saturday night: "We are monitoring the situation and the ongoing case discussion will continue on Monday."

Authorities were alerted when the girl appeared to fall asleep in the classroom.

NHS Greater Glasgow said it could not comment on individual cases.

Gaille McCann, from Mothers Against Drugs, a group set up after a 13-year-old boy from Glasgow became the youngest victim of heroin in Britain, told the BBC drug use was growing among younger people.

"I think we have to realise that. I'm not saying that it's a common occurrence, but it's not unheard of either.

"And I think that what we have to accept now is that drugs have just become part of our society and I think what we also know is that the age that people are using drugs is getting younger and younger."

Chip

scooby_matt 05 February 2006 01:21 PM

This country really is going down the pan

Alas 05 February 2006 01:27 PM

Sad to say her brother was born an addict in November.
Must be excellent parents.

The Zohan 05 February 2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
Unbelievable. What is this country coming to.

The girl is now said to be recovering in hospital
An 11-year-old girl from Glasgow has been treated in hospital for the effects of smoking heroin after she collapsed at school.
The girl, who has not been named, fell ill at a primary school on Wednesday. She is now said to be recovering.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said the girl was admitted to hospital "on an emergency basis with what appeared to be heroin intoxication".

Strathclyde Police and social services have launched an investigation

A city council spokesman said on Saturday night: "We are monitoring the situation and the ongoing case discussion will continue on Monday."

Authorities were alerted when the girl appeared to fall asleep in the classroom.

NHS Greater Glasgow said it could not comment on individual cases.

Gaille McCann, from Mothers Against Drugs, a group set up after a 13-year-old boy from Glasgow became the youngest victim of heroin in Britain, told the BBC drug use was growing among younger people.

"I think we have to realise that. I'm not saying that it's a common occurrence, but it's not unheard of either.

"And I think that what we have to accept now is that drugs have just become part of our society and I think what we also know is that the age that people are using drugs is getting younger and younger."

Chip

The girl apparently travelled across Glasgow to buy the stuff on her own.

And in some ways worse still is that someone was prepared to sell an 11 y/o herion.

Child needs help and removing from the home along with the baby.

Parents need sertilising and forced to heabillitate or be put down!

richs2891 05 February 2006 02:49 PM

Very worrying indeed,
It Does make you wonder how much money will be spent on this family in an attempt to resolve the problem and to be honest in my eyes its a pretty hopeless case !
Agree with stertilising the parents and relocating the child.

Richard

wheelwright 05 February 2006 06:23 PM

Take the kids away before its to late for them, give the "parents" enough H to OD on, problem solved.

David Lock 05 February 2006 06:59 PM

As Paul says - go for the guy that sold it, evil, greedy b'astard....... :mad:

Notorious 05 February 2006 07:36 PM

according to newspaper reports it was a woman who sold her it :confused:

davegtt 05 February 2006 08:08 PM

Cant always be the parents fault, although its does make you wonder how an 11yr old kid can even afford to be going out buying Heroin.

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
This country really is going down the pan

Good job we in England are sensible eh ;) lol

Leslie 06 February 2006 12:14 PM

I think they were saying that she learned the habit from her mother!

Les :(

EddScott 06 February 2006 02:59 PM

It isn't always the parents and it isn't always low income families that have these kinds of problems.

I don't know what it is with the media, but they only seem to highlight issues when the people involved are from lower income backgrounds - I can only assume that it sells more if you have people like us being able to vent our anger over these ner'do wells that are dragging our country down.

However, in my youth (not 11 but about 15 onwards) the best place to get drugs and find the more elite of drugs at the time (coke, heroin etc) was to go to the kids in the local private school. Not that we had the cash at 15 to pay for drugs!

Also its not always the parents fault that the kids get involved with drugs. Theres all manner of reasons why they do, but as I say its usually (or reportedly) only those low income families that have this problem.

These problems arise mostly due to the authorities either not giving a stuff or not being able to afford proper care. And half the time, authorities pay peanuts to do these jobs so they get monkeys doing the jobs that are only slightly brighter than those they are supposed to be helping.

This country is a bunch or ar$e and I can't wait to get out.