ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   Mid Month Run...Snake Pass Inn - Thursday 16th March (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/489640-mid-month-run-snake-pass-inn-thursday-16th-march.html)

Alan C 03 February 2006 10:13 PM

Mid Month Run...Snake Pass Inn - Thursday 16th March

Just had a chat with Chris (CW42) about a mid monther...

Sticky raised the question and flew the WYIOC flag the other day in Manchester land at the SMACS meet and we thought it's about time we had a joint doo... :thumb:

We've not forgot the Hull crew and we'll be doing that Mid monther in April when the nights are lighter... (watch this space for details....especially as I've not discussed it with them yet :Whatever_)

So.. who's in for a Brisk drive to the Snake pass Inn for a shandy?

Me....
Sticky.. (no need to ask)

corradoboy 04 February 2006 12:06 AM

If :rolleyes: I've still got the car :brickwall

killa 04 February 2006 12:32 AM

Chez moi, if the car is still running:Whatever_

Sticky Stuff 04 February 2006 08:28 AM

Don't ask!

MickWrx 04 February 2006 08:44 AM

March 16th ??? Not Feb ??

Yaki doo

to add not feb ???

Pauleds2 05 February 2006 08:27 PM

I'll come, should be able to borrow Steph's car for the evening.

corradoboy 05 February 2006 08:32 PM

Be great to see you Paul :cool:

Alan C 05 February 2006 08:37 PM

Al..
Sticky..
Mick..
Dave & Helen..
Ali..
Paul & Steph..

All resplendent in our shiny new Polos... :thumb:

Pauleds2 05 February 2006 08:56 PM

Thanks Dave, been out of it for a while with major change of posting at work and a head full of stress and cotton wool.

Took Steph's wagon out the other day just to keep the old cogs ticking over in my brain and it seemed ok (the brain that is).

Steph's car has just been to the Oracle for a major service and it's like something very soft off a very shiney shovel now.....lovely.:)

mpt 05 February 2006 10:02 PM

Sound like a good idea, I'll be up for this.
Paul or anybody else, What & where is the 'oracle' ? my motor is due a major service v soon, need some where good put not too expencive, silly question really its a Subaru.
Cheers Mark.

Pauleds2 06 February 2006 07:18 PM

Mark,
you have PM

chrisgreenall 07 February 2006 10:27 AM

Think I could be on for this... and this time I am bringing my scoob!!!

MickWrx 07 February 2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by MickWRX
March 16th

Yaki doo

The title says March :wonder:

Are we really planning a mid monther for next month, before we have had our usual end of monther this month, or is it indeed an error and mid monther is this month and not next

Both Thursday's are the 16th thats the only two times it happens this year.

Confusious ask's :confused:

Alan C 07 February 2006 06:45 PM

Mr Confucious.

Aye. March it is and this will be the mid monther for next month, which is March. Just as the title says. Which is correct.

Now, the mid monther for this month, which is February, is open to suggestion.. The month still being February.

Two 16th's on subseqent mid month Thursdays for both Feb & March is a little confusing... for some... :thumb:

Me? I didn't even notice it.. which says a lot about some other folk... :thumb:

MickWrx 07 February 2006 07:25 PM

ha haaaaaaaaa that makes perfect sense http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Feelings/Doh.gif

With all that notice ought to put it in main events :thumb: :D

killa 07 February 2006 08:04 PM

I thought it was two months ahead, Jan, Feb, April and then we March,
oh well....

Sticky Stuff 08 February 2006 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by killa
I thought it was two months ahead, Jan, Feb, April and then we March,
oh well....

I seriously hope you don't drive whilst under the influence of whatever you've been inhaling/drinking/eating. :D

So, February mid month... any ideas?

It's not far off, so someone had better think fast.

killa 08 February 2006 02:51 PM

:idea:

:(

:wonder: still thinking.....

scrappy doo puppy power 08 February 2006 07:34 PM

sorry to be a pain so is there a mid feb run:lol:

Sticky Stuff 09 February 2006 08:36 AM

There will be. Just waiting for someone to come up with a suggestion.

Anyone fancy going to Whitby for fish and chips? Or how about the Red Lion at Burnsall (Dave?)

corradoboy 09 February 2006 08:59 AM

Whitby sounds fun, but light nights and fair weather would make it better :rolleyes:

I'm favouring Tennants at Kilnsey over The Red Lion at the moment. That'll change as the sun starts to rear its head ;) but the food looks interesting at Tenants.

I could do a run on the 16th as I won't be at this months main :eek: Although, long range forecast shows a lousy week ahead, possibly with snow over this weekend :o

Sticky Stuff 09 February 2006 10:33 AM

I'm doing a recce up there on Friday evening :norty: so I might just pop into Tenants and sample the cuisine. The Red Lion has a great menu, but I still feel like we were ripped off BIG TIME by them last time... How much for a couple of plates of chips and some buttered bread :eek:

corradoboy 09 February 2006 12:06 PM

Agree :( Such a great pub for a pint on a summers afternoon, but the a-la-carte can be expensive on an evening, and they certainly ripped us off for the chips :mad: Another option is that pub you liked in Appletreewick :idea:

ADY 555 09 February 2006 02:52 PM

Northern Run

Do any of you lot remember the northern runs that ran from the M62 eastbound services at Birch, i think a chap called Martin used to organise them, i think there were about 5 runs in total through Delph Saddleworth moors Snake pass and ended up at the Floutch pub just outside Huddersfield, perhaps we could replicate that run as it was so popular and always had a good turn out, Sunday mornings seem to be the best time for that run, (I know you pi55heads don't like getting up early on a sunday) but how about it? Martin where are you? :luxhello:

Apple 09 February 2006 04:37 PM

I went on one or two that MTR organised from there (incl. the peugeot 406 with cardboard spoiler, scoop and splitter ;) ) but I doubt I've still got the routes. :(

My first one was organised by Alanjack and AFAIR that took in Woodhead / Snake Pass etc and around Glossop / Delph etc. I'll see if I can find it as I'm sure I keep kicking the paperwork round thinking I shouldn't bin it... :rolleyes:

Alan C 09 February 2006 04:38 PM

Ady may have a plan. We've not done a West side run yet....

Saddleworth was mentioned last year when we were looking for a new venue...

Dave, Sticky... Do you know the area? Pubs? Or is The Floutch a good option?

Edited to say: Andy's getting the paperwork dusted off and I feel an inpromptu forming up nicely :D

Sticky Stuff 09 February 2006 04:57 PM

I know the Snake / Woodhead pretty well, done Saddleworth a couple of times. More than willing to sort out a route and recce it if this is going to be a goer.

ADY 555 09 February 2006 04:59 PM

Excellent chaps ive PM MTR so fingers crossed we might be able to organise a similer route. Ady.

ADY 555 09 February 2006 05:00 PM

Cheers Sticky
Shall we start a list ?
Ady 555

Alan C 09 February 2006 05:39 PM

Is this a weekend day time or Thursday jobber?

I'm assuming we're all talking about Thursday Night on the 16th???

This weekend is a no no for me..