ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Unfair postcode bandings (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/488657-unfair-postcode-bandings.html)

scoobynutta555 31 January 2006 06:08 PM

Unfair postcode bandings

Even though I live in a very good area, Im banded post code wise (first 3 numbers) with a relatively bad area. There is very minimal criminal damage and cars stolen from my area yet Im lumped in with the opposite bad area for insurance purposes.

Does anybody know of a company that pinpoints low risk areas in a "high risk" general area as Im getting pretty fcuked off of subsidising others in what surely must be a very unfair system.

Moley 01 February 2006 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Even though I live in a very good area, Im banded post code wise (first 3 numbers) with a relatively bad area. There is very minimal criminal damage and cars stolen from my area yet Im lumped in with the opposite bad area for insurance purposes.

Does anybody know of a company that pinpoints low risk areas in a "high risk" general area as Im getting pretty fcuked off of subsidising others in what surely must be a very unfair system.

Most brokers (Keith Michaels, Greenlight etc) will take this into account when trying to get you a price.
Speak to a human being when getting a quote, internet quotes don't use common sense!!!!

New_scooby_04 01 February 2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Most brokers (Keith Michaels, Greenlight etc) will take this into account when trying to get you a price.
Speak to a human being when getting a quote, internet quotes don't use common sense!!!!

It would, however, be better to deal with something without common sense if your address happens to be

50 Scumbag Terrace
Chav Lane
Carjackington
DSS £££

:D :D

Tony@Greenlight 01 February 2006 04:55 PM

The Actuarial part of Insurers are always looking at better ways to rate risks and the systems they employ now lead to far better accuracy of rating, better demographic content etc.

This includes rating to the final digit of your postcode and not just the first part.

So, like Gary @ KM says, if youre having trouble try Gary, Greenlight (or both) as we will both do all we can to help.

Kind regards

Tony

scoobynutta555 02 February 2006 08:04 PM

Any contact numbers?

Tony@Greenlight 03 February 2006 10:03 AM

Any contact numbers?

Hi there,

Contact numbers are as follows:

Keith Michaels Insurance: 0208 643 6006

Greenlight Insurance: 01277 263030 www.greenlightinsurance.com

:thumb:

scoobynutta555 03 February 2006 04:24 PM

K cheers. Ill try when I change cars next, should be quite soon ;)