ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone else fed up with the "Quote me Happy" ads? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/488603-anyone-else-fed-up-with-the-quote-me-happy-ads.html)

alcazar 31 January 2006 03:03 PM

Anyone else fed up with the "Quote me Happy" ads?

The ones from Norwich union, where someone tells them his car is red and has a hatchback, and then IMMEDIATELY gets an amazingly good quote?

Now they've started with the same crap for house insurance, ring in, tell them your house has three bedrooms, get a quote. I DON'T think so:mad:

Maybe we all ought to keep ringing them and DEMANDING quotes, having told them our cars are "red and have a spoiler," etc?

Alcazar

Crazy Chick 31 January 2006 03:05 PM

Fed up is putting it mildly. :D

LUCKO 31 January 2006 03:07 PM

calm down dear it's only a commercial :)

ScoobyDriverWannabe 31 January 2006 03:08 PM

:mad: they are not as bad as the shielas wheels ads

I really do hate them

TelBoy 31 January 2006 03:08 PM

The advert that REALLY gets me at the moment, though it's on the radio and i assume pretty regional, is for Southern Glass. "Daddy says we're going to put the old codger in it" :mad: :mad: Yes, yes, ENOUGH!!!!

unclebuck 31 January 2006 03:32 PM

Kev? Bev? Bev? Kev? Kev?? Bev??

ooo... that's more than lucky...

ffs feck orf... :mad:

scoobydooooo 31 January 2006 03:34 PM

i think some of you need to be on prozac :)

eClaire 31 January 2006 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
:mad: they are not as bad as the shielas wheels ads

I really do hate them

<Useless Info>
Joe Scully (Or the guy who played him, rather) from neighbours is in the Shielas Wheels advert when the lassies and the bloke are onstage singing. Camera catches him twice!! :D
</useless Info>

:D

oobster 31 January 2006 03:38 PM

The Bev/Kev one is only watchable due to the beautiful Olivia Coleman. Ooooo..... she's lovely.

The NU ones + the 'more than' + the Sheila's Wheels ones are all utter utter p!sh

davegtt 31 January 2006 03:43 PM

Why not trying less telly and more DVDs and or playing on the PC ;)

oobster 31 January 2006 03:46 PM

Thankfully we have Sky+ so we tend to 'flash' through the adverts, and we hardly ever watch anything as it is broadcast.

The Zohan 31 January 2006 04:20 PM

Re sheilas Wheels - there is a spoof - and it is good!

Anyone lsiten to Horizon 103FM
Las Friday they ran a spoof of Sheilas Wheels called Geezers Wheels.

It made me LMAO!

Anyway emailed them and asked for it and the sent it God bless 'em.

Please email me if you would like a copy, it is a meg or so mpeg file.

email me
phabgood@btopenworld.com

I would have posted it on here but not sure how to unless someone can help.

Paul

davegtt 31 January 2006 04:22 PM

YH email :)

davegtt 31 January 2006 04:23 PM

p.s Paul, I presume your email is .com and not .co.uk??

The Zohan 31 January 2006 04:26 PM

Hi Dave
I have ammended it, it is .com

bluenosewrx 31 January 2006 04:33 PM

Hate this one.

CLICK, CLICK DON'T CLUCK,CLUCK

Utter Pish

Mac

The Zohan 31 January 2006 04:34 PM

Dave and NS YHM! :)

OllyK 31 January 2006 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by oobster
The Bev/Kev one is only watchable due to the beautiful Olivia Coleman. Ooooo..... she's lovely.

The NU ones + the 'more than' + the Sheila's Wheels ones are all utter utter p!sh

:confused: Unless I've missed one the only woman in the Bev/Kev adds is the buck toothed munta that plays Bev. Think you should go to spec savers mate!

OllyK 31 January 2006 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Anyone lsiten to Horizon 103FM
Las Friday they ran a spoof of Sheilas Wheels called Geezers Wheels.

It made me LMAO!

Anyway emailed them and asked for it and the sent it God bless 'em.

Please email me if you would like a copy, it is a meg or so mpeg file.

email me
phabgood@btopenworld.com

I would have posted it on here but not sure how to unless someone can help.

Paul

You're a mod and don't know how to post a file??

set an account up at putfile.com

k.b 31 January 2006 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by eClaire
<Useless Info>
Joe Scully (Or the guy who played him, rather) from neighbours is in the Shielas Wheels advert when the lassies and the bloke are onstage singing. Camera catches him twice!! :D
</useless Info>

:D

just as i read that guess what came on the feckin goggle box?:wonder:

little-ginge 31 January 2006 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
The ones from Norwich union, where someone tells them his car is red and has a hatchback, and then IMMEDIATELY gets an amazingly good quote?

Now they've started with the same crap for house insurance, ring in, tell them your house has three bedrooms, get a quote. I DON'T think so:mad:

Maybe we all ought to keep ringing them and DEMANDING quotes, having told them our cars are "red and have a spoiler," etc?

Alcazar

It's the bloke in the NU ad's who I can't stand..
http://www.visit4info.com/siteconten...9111453PIC.jpg

Fooking thick looking, ugly, gormless git... :mad:

2000TLondon 31 January 2006 06:48 PM

Well, the ad agency has done it's job as we're all discussing it and mentioning names.

However, I would never belittle myself to ring them hoping for a 20 pound a year discount, which only applies to women driving group 6 or less, between 46 and 54 years of age, married, no kids at home, retired, less than 1500 miles a year!

Maybe there is a case for trading standards, if everyone rang up and wasn't quoted happy?

GaryK 31 January 2006 07:26 PM

Yes quite laughable how they pay ad agencies loads of money on joke ads that dont convey a single benefit of the product/service being sold!

alcazar 31 January 2006 07:43 PM

Seeing as it's an 0800 number, why don't we organise to ring 'em, regularly, and DEMAND they quote us happy after only telling them our car's colour and that it has a spoiler?
I've already done it....wound the Indian guy up a treat. Told him I was gonna take him PERSONALLY to trading standards and advertising standards.:D

Alcazar

John Mac 31 January 2006 07:53 PM

Those sheilas wheels adverts drive me berserk,on uk living on sky their on at every single ad break...arghhh!!. I would love to see them taken into the
Australlian outback and slaughtered in a "wolf creek" stylee:lol1:

Newbie my ar*e! new login (damn pooters):cuckoo:

StudentScooby 31 January 2006 08:42 PM

They are right though! I was grinning all day long when they quoted me £600 cheaper than anywhere else.

J4CKO 31 January 2006 08:52 PM

What about the Flora one !

oobster 31 January 2006 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
:confused: Unless I've missed one the only woman in the Bev/Kev adds is the buck toothed munta that plays Bev. Think you should go to spec savers mate!

Naaaaaa...... she's a wee smasher. http://www.pfd.co.uk/clients/colmano/a-act.html

MikeCardiff 01 February 2006 08:39 AM

Quote Me Happy my arris - I phoned them when I was looking for insurance and they couldnt 'quote me anything' as they wouldnt cover me !

GaryK 01 February 2006 09:57 AM

Funniest thing was when clarkson was driving the veyron on top gear and said lets get an insurance quote, lets see if these guys can quote me happy, after about 20mins and the indian guy saying sorry what is it a rover? he gave up, serious credibility damage their and I was laughingmy socks off. NU are not cheap, never have been, never will be, like the AA they must have their heads up their arses if they think they are competitive in the market place. I remember I was with NU direct when I had an STI back in 99 and it was £800 comp which wasnt bad, but when it came up for renewal they wanted £1500!