ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Euro Millions - Roll Over Again!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/487654-euro-millions-roll-over-again.html)

Swen6 28 January 2006 09:33 AM

Euro Millions - Roll Over Again!!!

That is gonna be one big pot of money.:eek:

Robbie T 28 January 2006 09:37 AM

They reckon its gonna be £125 million and i'm gonna win it :luxhello:

Suresh 28 January 2006 09:39 AM

I thought official 'SN policy' was strongly against the Euro! :lol1:

Dieseldog 28 January 2006 09:49 AM

Never buy the Euro lottery tickets, except for the £70m prize a couple of months back and again Friday afternoon. Funny, 'cos it's like... £10m, £20m? Nahhh, can't be bothered, but £100m?... ok, that's worth a trip to Spar...

... Seeing Nevetas's latest purchase makes me get off my arse as well

J4CKO 28 January 2006 09:51 AM

Seems to me that for it to roll over so many times that there is something fundamental wrong with the way its done, my missus now doesnt want to win, its too much money, yeah whatever. I do think she has a point, winning 3 million would buy most people everything they ever wanted/needed and keep them for the rest of their days if sensible, plus the press arent remotely interested wheras with this massive jackpot its fairly unlikely that you would remain anonymous, the scary thing would be criminal gangs reading about it and seeing as we are importing people with nothing to lose from all over the place you would really need to watch your back, dont fancy having bits of the kids sent back to me until I paid up !

Swen6 28 January 2006 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldog
Never buy the Euro lottery tickets, except for the £70m prize a couple of months back and again Friday afternoon. Funny, 'cos it's like... £10m, £20m? Nahhh, can't be bothered, but £100m?... ok, that's worth a trip to Spar...

... Seeing Nevetas's latest purchase makes me get off my arse as well

Jeff from the Jeff show on Virgin Radio said the same thing the other night, from the £70m to £100m went up by the ratio of 6-1, and he was laughing people thought £70m wasn't enough but soon as it £100m it was!!:lol1:

Nat 28 January 2006 10:41 AM

I think after one or two more rollovers it cannot rollover anymore and the jackpot prize fund is then shared out among the next highest winning level. That would be worth buying a lot more tickets for as the chances of winning a very large amount would be many times greater.

Robbie T 28 January 2006 10:55 AM

If it is not won by 10th Feb then the jackpot is shared between the people with the highest amount of matched numbers.
Personally i think that is fairer and you still stand to win a large pile of cash :luxhello:
<goes off to buy ticket for next weeks draw>

KiwiGTI 28 January 2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
arent remotely interested wheras with this massive jackpot its fairly unlikely that you would remain anonymous, the scary thing would be criminal gangs reading about it and seeing as we are importing people with nothing to lose from all over the place you would really need to watch your back, dont fancy having bits of the kids sent back to me until I paid up !

Yes, that's a bit worrying, it would be completely life changing in a few bad ways. You would probably end up having to have constant bodyguards and security etc. Although I can safely say I wouldn't be living in this country anymore (apart from the Mayfair penthouse for visits :) )

SCOsazOBY 28 January 2006 11:05 AM

I won!!!!!!!!!

Woke up this morning and thought oh yeah i could be a millionaire, checked my numbers and wollah.............one number and two stars :D :D

Just warming up for the biggy next week ;)

Robbie T 28 January 2006 11:31 AM

Thats gotta be a big six quid you've won :eek:

jowl 28 January 2006 11:37 AM

Apparantley sales in the UK were 1000% higher than normal.

It was the first time I'd bought a ticket. Odds of 75 million to 1 - ha "never quote me he odds"

If I won the jackpot I reckon I could nearly afford the depreciation on a brand new MY06 scooby :D

David Lock 28 January 2006 11:43 AM

1) Where do you check numbers - are they in Saturday papers?

2) Are there runner up prizes like in UK Lottery?

Thanks, dl

Nat 28 January 2006 11:47 AM

www.national-lottery.co.uk Suprisingly.

SCOsazOBY 28 January 2006 11:54 AM

It may be a few quid more because of the amount of tickets sold, ill see when i go to cash it in ;)

DL, press red button on bbc1, they are runner up prizes depending on how many numbers you get

Oldfella 28 January 2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SCOsazOBY
I won!!!!!!!!!

Woke up this morning and thought oh yeah i could be a millionaire, checked my numbers and wollah.............one number and two stars :D :D

Just warming up for the biggy next week ;)

Congratulations Sarah :luxhello: :lol1:

boxst 28 January 2006 12:33 PM

.... Seems to me that for it to roll over so many times that there is something fundamental wrong with the way its done...

Hello

Yes, they either under-estimated the number of people playing or wanted this kind of publicity.

The UK lottery got it about right as roughly one or two people win each week.

Steve

P1Fanatic 28 January 2006 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by jowl
Apparantley sales in the UK were 1000% higher than normal.

It was the first time I'd bought a ticket. Odds of 75 million to 1 - ha "never quote me he odds"

If I won the jackpot I reckon I could nearly afford the depreciation on a brand new MY06 scooby :D

Are those really the odds? I know the UK lottery is 14m:1 chance of winning the jackpot which is match 6 numbers between 1-49.

Euro is 5 numbers 1-50 and 2 numbers 1-9. Now Ive never been good at statistical maths but surely the odds dont increase by a mutiple of 5+?

Simon.

rr_ww 28 January 2006 01:00 PM

Seems to me that for it to roll over so many times that there is something fundamental wrong with the way its done, my missus now doesnt want to win, its too much money, yeah whatever. I do think she has a point, winning 3 million would buy most people everything they ever wanted/needed and keep them for the rest of their days if sensible, plus the press arent remotely interested wheras with this massive jackpot its fairly unlikely that you would remain anonymous, the scary thing would be criminal gangs reading about it and seeing as we are importing people with nothing to lose from all over the place you would really need to watch your back, dont fancy having bits of the kids sent back to me until I paid up !

Exactly. I would "settle" for up to £20M. I would also try to live sensibly. I wouldn't have a fleet of 10+ cars, or Yachts. And I wouldnt live in some God awful mansion. Which I would hope would help reduce the risks to myself or the people I care about. :) But Charity would get some nice donations.

Well thats the aim anyway. Whether I would be able to contain spending to a sensible level, would be very hard to predict. Imagine going into Selfridges, KNOWING that you can buy anything you want. Hard to remain grounded I would imagine.

scud8 28 January 2006 01:00 PM

Odds of getting all five main numbers right are

(50*49*48*47*46)/(1*2*3*4*5) = ~2.1m to 1

Odds of getting both bonus numbers right are

(9*8)/(1*2) = 36 to 1

Since they are independent choices, the odds of getting both right is the product of both odds - ie. 76m to 1.

Nicks VR4 28 January 2006 02:07 PM

Main Stars Odds
5 2 76,275,360 to 1
5 1 5,448,240 to 1
5 0 3,632,160 to 1
4 2 339,002 to 1
4 1 24,215 to 1
4 0 16,143 to 1
3 2 7,705 to 1
3 1 551 to 1
2 2 538 to 1
3 0 367 to 1
1 2 103 to 1
2 1 39 to 1

hutton_d 28 January 2006 03:16 PM

do think she has a point, winning 3 million would buy most people everything they ever wanted/needed and keep them for the rest of their days if sensible, plus the press arent remotely interested wheras with this massive jackpot its fairly unlikely that you would remain anonymous, the scary thing would be criminal gangs reading about it and seeing as we are importing people with nothing to lose from all over the place you would really need to watch your back, dont fancy having bits of the kids sent back to me until I paid up !

Quite afew people have this amount of dosh - and they don't get mugged every week. You just need to take a few extra precautions.... As if I'd kn ow .... :-)

As for it being too much. B*!!ux!

Dave

lightning101 28 January 2006 03:49 PM

If people think 125 million is too much, it's a sad reflection on their poor level of life experience and imagination.

Open a school for gifted children, riding school for the disabled, a decent golf and hotel complex would be hard to build for this amount including staff.

scoobyboy 28 January 2006 04:34 PM

i won £7.40 on last nights draw matched 2 no.s and a star no.

GrahamG 28 January 2006 04:35 PM

i think i might win this... i need 125 million!!

Petem95 28 January 2006 07:17 PM

This is a silly amount!

The problem is there'd be so much media attention, the winner would get found out sooner or later, and the media would be after them - wanting to know everything about them.

Everyone would want a piece of the cake, and you'd be constantly nagged by people who badly needed money for an operation/scams etc. Could potentially be a nightmare.....

but fcuk it, Im still buying a couple of tickets for this one, and I never do the lottery!

J4CKO 28 January 2006 07:41 PM

Yes but the people who have this much are either born into it or earn it gradually, also its usually all over the place not in liquid cash. I just want a few grand to buy a daft car and a few gadgets, 100 million is really too much for me, I quite enjoy life as it is, so more money would be nice but I would rather be happy as I am than p1ssed off and mega loaded.

Swen6 28 January 2006 10:44 PM

Well for all those who only need a couple of million, if you win i'll take the £120m off your hands and you can keep the £5m as that should tide you over!!!

More chance of being trampled on by a Wooly Mammoth me thinks:Whatever_

SCOsazOBY 28 January 2006 10:50 PM

Thankyou Oldfella ;)

I havent cashed in my winning ticket yet, i think subconciously im thinking that i may accumulate interest over night :D