ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Braided hoses on a 99 type r ??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/486465-braided-hoses-on-a-99-type-r.html)

riddler 23 January 2006 09:09 PM

Braided hoses on a 99 type r ???

hi,

This might sound silly but i have brought a set of four Black Dimond hoses for my 99 and taken them to subaru to get fitted, they are saying that they dont fit??? :eek2:Two of new hoses have a curve at the loop end, and two have not? Is there different fittings on my99 imports. Subaru say they all should have a curve???

Ta

Riddler...

stockcar 23 January 2006 09:26 PM

all of the hoses on the classic shape car are the same...............no difference on import or UK spec.................

when they say they don't fit, why exactly?? or is it simply that they aren't the same shape as O.E.??

rigga 23 January 2006 09:47 PM

there is a difference between 2 pot and 4 pot applications though,as on the 4 pot hoses there is a locating loop on the banjo end that fits in a hole on the caliper body...... 2 pot hose does not have this as there is a casting boss on the caliper to hold the hose in place,as you have a 99 car it should have 4 pots as standard but mine didnt (my00 import wrx wagon) therefore 4 pot hoses would not fit on 2 pot calipers.......... might not be your problem though,but goes to prove the hoses are not all the same.

martin

richiewong 23 January 2006 10:09 PM

Had some Goodridge ones on my old MY99 Type R, no issues what-so-ever with fitting:confused:

stockcar 23 January 2006 10:29 PM

i'll rephrase my post.......................ALL aftermarket hoses (Goodridge specifically) are exactly the same kits 2or 4 pot...............simply classic or new-age styles.................

never had any issues fitting 2pot hoses to 4pots or vice versa............

alyn

rigga 23 January 2006 11:06 PM

Alyn......... only mentioned the differences between 2 pot and 4 pot hoses as ive upgraded my brakes today, and the 4 pot hoses wouldnt match up o the 2 pot calipers without cutting off the locating hook..... take your point on the aftermarket hoses out there though .....

riddler 25 January 2006 06:08 PM

More Info!!!

Sorry they are 4 pots on front and 2 on rear, BUT...

Do after market hoses come with the location pins???
And should they be shorter than the original???:confused:

Originally Posted by riddler
hi,

This might sound silly but i have brought a set of four Black Dimond hoses for my 99 and taken them to subaru to get fitted, they are saying that they dont fit??? :eek2:Two of new hoses have a curve at the loop end, and two have not? Is there different fittings on my99 imports. Subaru say they all should have a curve???

Ta

Riddler...

stockcar 25 January 2006 10:36 PM

depends on the quality of the supplier of the hoses...............we only use GOODRIDGE due to the quality and guarantee....................

alyn

RON 25 January 2006 10:42 PM

Even that doesn't mean they fit though Alyn, i got a new set, (not from you i might add) and the boss on the front hoses doesn't fit through the retaining bracket on the strut....... i had to grind it down to get it to fit correctly..... apparently Goodridge are aware of the problem, but haven't changed things even though they've been making the hoses 'wrong' for about 12 years or so now.....Mmmmm.....??

Therefore my once 'plated' hose brackets are now rusting.....

MY00 by the way!