ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   17 AND CAR CHOICE FOR BEST INS COST (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/486462-17-and-car-choice-for-best-ins-cost.html)

GUNNER 23 January 2006 09:06 PM

17 AND CAR CHOICE FOR BEST INS COST

Can any insurer's on here give advise on best car to buy for keeping insurance at it's lowest for a 17 year old lad , this is my daughter's boyfreind and will be his first car but so far for 1.2 clio's and 1.1 fiesta's he's getting quote's of £2000. Any help will be appreciated and might even turn into a sale!

Thank's Mike...

RobHardy 23 January 2006 09:53 PM

try elephant, and putting his father/mother (whichever has highest ncb) as a NAMED driver. sounds odd, but reduces the quote dramitcally. im 21 and looking at a my06 scoob, and its 2k instead of 2.8k. so does help alot. also helped me when i started out aswell by hundreds of pounds.

ScoobyDoo69 23 January 2006 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by GUNNER
Can any insurer's on here give advise on best car to buy for keeping insurance at it's lowest for a 17 year old lad , this is my daughter's boyfreind and will be his first car but so far for 1.2 clio's and 1.1 fiesta's he's getting quote's of £2000. Any help will be appreciated and might even turn into a sale!

Thank's Mike...

my 17 year old son is paying near enough that on his Scooby Sport... and he is the named driver/owner of the car !!

try Norwich Union Direct with Pass Plus, and he'll get a much lower quote I'd say! that's who my son is insured with any way

Adam_T 24 January 2006 09:37 AM

Try www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk

They we're dirt cheap when I was 17.

GUNNER 24 January 2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69
my 17 year old son is paying near enough that on his Scooby Sport... and he is the named driver/owner of the car !!

try Norwich Union Direct with Pass Plus, and he'll get a much lower quote I'd say! that's who my son is insured with any way

Tried them, £1300 Getting better! thank's

GUNNER 24 January 2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_T
Try www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk

They we're dirt cheap when I was 17.

Just tried these £1180 even better thank's guy's keep em coming!!!

StudentScooby 25 January 2006 03:14 PM

Ford Ka's are group 3 dont think you can get much lower than that.

dean harris 25 January 2006 09:13 PM

Let him drive your car Mike:D
Perhaps see you at the Sunseeker Rally when I've lost my ticket from my car when I have drove off up the road like a tw*t with the window open,and then spend 15 mins trying to catch it as cars whisk by on a busy A road:D
I see you are taking over John's place at modifying your car,(Turbo etc).
Regards
Dean

GUNNER 28 January 2006 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dean harris
Let him drive your car Mike:D
Perhaps see you at the Sunseeker Rally when I've lost my ticket from my car when I have drove off up the road like a tw*t with the window open,and then spend 15 mins trying to catch it as cars whisk by on a busy A road:D
I see you are taking over John's place at modifying your car,(Turbo etc).
Regards
Dean

Hi mate, how's thing's. Best i hide me key's from now on when he's round,i've nearly got enough part's in me loft at the moment to build another car!! just need to find some nut's and bolt's on ebay now so i can bolt em all together LOL. Will be at rally for sure ,but don't cofuse me this time by coming the other way it make's me think i'm going the wrong way :D don't leave it to long to make a meet, begining to forget wot you look like!!!

dean harris 29 January 2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by GUNNER
don't leave it to long to make a meet, begining to forget wot you look like!!!

Hi Mike,
You won't miss me,I'm the big fat ugly git:D
I will try and make a meet soon,last year was very busy at work for me,but as soon as we get some lighter evenings I will be coming along.I need all the light on those particularly bendy roads that keep changing:D.
So is the car still sort of standard then engine, exhaust etc wise?It looks as though I will be getting left behind soon,well on the straights anyhow,I'm sure I could take anyone through the bends though:D:p
Take Care
Dean