ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   m.i.b (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/485387-m-i-b.html)

bob r 19 January 2006 10:18 PM

m.i.b

anyone claimed from the m.i.b (motor insurance bureau) recently? how much did you receive, and for what.
i was hit from behind(car):) by one of these low life uninsured drivers that hit me at over 50 mpH then F****d off (untraced) leaving me and car trashed. my car was written off (been paid out) i had broken nose, 7 stitches on my forehead & whiplash. :mad: :mad: :mad: still retained my good looks though, just harder.:D what can i expect to recieve?

GC8 19 January 2006 10:31 PM

Can you not only claim from the MIB whern you know the other drivers name and address (certainly that used to tbe the case).

Simon

bob r 19 January 2006 10:43 PM

uninsured\untraced drivers. i claimed about 7 yrs ago, stolen car decided that it wanted to play dodgems with me and f****d off. me and missus got 800 quid each... driver never traced.(hope it aint changed)

GC8 19 January 2006 10:48 PM

Good; I wasnt looking to piss on your chips or anything... :)

bob r 20 January 2006 11:19 PM

??????????????????????????????????????????????

Aquanaut 20 January 2006 11:41 PM

My Girlfriend was hit by a foriegn lorry on the M25 and so the claim is through the MIB and its going to take years as they have a massive backlog.

Which means even though is wasn't her fault the claim counts against her until it is resolved.:brickwall

Follow the MIB process and one day.............

........one day your case will get to the top of the pile and if you are very lucky you will get an outcome.

I believe that if this has effected your insurance premiums you are able to get the money back that the "extra" claim cost you. (Yeah right!!!)

Don't hold your breath as you will be old and grey before the MIB sort anything out.:sleep:

TonyBurns 21 January 2006 09:14 AM

Took me 3 years to get anything out of them when hit by an uninsured driver, 7.5k's worth of damage to the car, received about 2.5k for whiplash etc.

Tony

bob r 21 January 2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Took me 3 years to get anything out of them when hit by an uninsured driver, 7.5k's worth of damage to the car, received about 2.5k for whiplash etc.

Tony

well on that basis, if i get any form of payout i will put it towards an sti version 15:D

bob r 07 November 2007 01:08 PM

£6500 :luxhello:

It was well worth the wait. :D :D :D

jasonius 07 November 2007 01:38 PM

result mate..:notworthy

It seems not everything you hear on SN is true (having to wait years my foot) ..! shock horror :lol1:

soup dragon 07 November 2007 02:43 PM

Going through a claim myself at the moment, got hit by a hit & run driver on a red light on a padestrian crossing.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Broken thumb(still broke), the bone that is broke is to small to fix apparently, gashed head, bruised ribs, knee is still knackered and my shoulder still kills me now & then. This happened in March 06, so still waiting myself, not a happy bunny.
3 witnesses gave the same reg number but the old bill still aint got him/her. :mad: