ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   SMACS rolling road @ Prosport 18th Feb (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/483231-smacs-rolling-road-prosport-18th-feb.html)

cw42 12 January 2006 07:58 AM

SMACS rolling road @ Prosport 18th Feb

As above, and discussed as part of our charity events this year. To get us started, we're having a rolling road at PROSPORT in Stockport. The cost will be £40 for a run, with £5 to charity.
The competition will be to see who can get closest to the overall figure for all the runners on the day. So if 10 cars run, you have to guess the total bhp for all 10 cars, closest to the true figure gets to donate the money raised to a charity of thier choice.
I will discuss start times with Pete nearer the time, BUT, EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO BE THERE FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT. WE DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TURNING UP FOR A RUN MID-MORNING, THEN DRIVING OFF AGAIN. This is not entering into the spirit of the occasion.
Prosport will provide a buffet mid-morning for refreshment :)

Get your names down below:

1/ cw42

The Chief 12 January 2006 08:57 AM

Oh yes indeedee!!!!

And a buffet as well - well done Chris, i cant possibly do without grub for more than a coupel of hours - its me blood sugar level y'see:D

Put me down

2/The Chief

pimmo2000 12 January 2006 08:59 AM

Saturdays are a ******* for me, as I work Friday and Saturday night.
Tell you what, dont put me down, but I will possibly turn up in the morning to give my £5 for charity, watch a few runs and then bugger off to bed.
Sorry I cant be a part of the whole day !

Assuming I was invited of course :)

edit: Find out what time first run would be.. might be able to do it..

cw42 12 January 2006 09:55 AM

I thought of you when pete mentioned the buffet chief :)
pimmo2000, I know what you mean about working nights m8, as I've had to get a work collegue to cover me for 6 hours on the saturday, and I get to pay him back on a sunday night :(
I'll put you down for the first in line to run, I'll be at prosport for 8am in the morning, but the event will be starting around 9. An exception can be made for our night workers :)

1/cw42
2/the cheif
3/pimmo2000

chris.

The Chief 12 January 2006 10:14 AM

[quote=cw42]I thought of you when pete mentioned the buffet chief :)

Hey!!! they have a name for that - fattist!!! and her is me thinking you were all politically correct:)

I got a quote from Rich at Powerstation this morning - pity i could not get my mods done before then but my brakes and springs come before engine tuning

pimmo2000 12 January 2006 10:20 AM

my cars standard but you need a RR to start with.. gives you something to work with :)

Can't see any problem with arriving 9am.. will feel like a **** leaving soon after like, but cant be helped. Need to be home asap, but see how brave I am on the day.. probably be just me too, cant see any *******s getting up that early to join me

Cheers for letting me join in by the way

cw42 12 January 2006 11:53 AM

Be good to get you on the rollers pimmo, hopefully make up for your fruitless trek to our meet the other week, and to say hello :)
Chief, your not fat, your just big boned :)
Check out our discount thread for some good news guys! :)
chris.

The Chief 12 January 2006 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by cw42
Be good to get you on the rollers pimmo, hopefully make up for your fruitless trek to our meet the other week, and to say hello :)
Chief, your not fat, your just big boned :)
Check out our discount thread for some good news guys! :)
chris.

Hey that Pimmo is a trouble causer :) http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=483239

dont worry Pimmo get Asta man to follow you to the next SMACS meet and we'll knock the cr*p out of him:norty:

Scooby Dan 12 January 2006 03:43 PM

I probably wont run my car because it is running at Prosport on 4th Feb but I will come down to watch and make a charity donation.

Barnesy 12 January 2006 03:57 PM

1/cw42
2/the cheif
3/pimmo2000
4/Barnesy

About time I had my car on the rollers, on the last one I was getting my car mapped with Andy F.

Any chance of an early one Chris as I'm on nights as well.

cw42 12 January 2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Barnesy
any chance of an early one Chris as I'm on nights as well

why not barnesy, be good to see you again, as it's been a while, just means more buffet for the large boys later :)

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy

chris.

Scooby Dan 12 January 2006 04:21 PM

Theres a cracking little cafe just up the road from Prosport for us hungrier members:norty:
Might have to sample it again tomorrow while the guys are decatting my car:luxhello:

MY93WRX 12 January 2006 05:52 PM

:thumb: Cool, feb 18th, a work mate ows me a shift swap so if i do get rosterd (note cw42 ive got the spelling sorted this time) he'll swap. The charity thing is a jolly darn fine idea, i was thinking of a similar sudgestion but i feel i don't know you SMACS well enough to offer ideas but anyway glad you came up with that idea. Oh i can't get there for 8am but 9am is not a prob

Gillp95 12 January 2006 07:00 PM

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95

Chief should bring his mate "miss daisy" for a bit of variety ! !
My brother-in-law quite fanices bringing his astra turbo, I'll confirm him asap.

MY93WRX 12 January 2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gillp95
1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95

Chief should bring his mate "miss daisy" for a bit of variety ! !
My brother-in-law quite fanices bringing his astra turbo, I'll confirm him asap.

Why am i missing from the list:cry: .

cw42 12 January 2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by MY93WRX
Why am i missing from the list:cry: .

you've not put your name down, then copied the list to your reply yet :cuckoo: :norty:
here you go :luxhello:

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95
6/ MY93WRX

chris.

ps, you spelt suggestion wrong this time :thumb:

julian N/W wrx my93 12 January 2006 10:44 PM

one of the best rolling roads i've been to..........

http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...5;t=000118;p=1

and no guessimates about road speed/rpms etc, they have a proper engine speed (rpm) sensor that hooks up to the engine to provide accuate data of rpm vs road speed and bhp etc............

if only Giles would smile a bit more.............

wah 12 January 2006 11:00 PM

Put me dowm as a possible mate as my rota has me as working a day shift for this along with th 2nd Feb meet but I'm trying to sort somwthing out

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95
6/ MY93WRX
7/ Wah ( Unconfirmed )

supertouring 13 January 2006 12:18 AM

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95
6/ MY93WRX
7/ Wah ( Unconfirmed )
8) The Supermiester
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/st...er_offline.gif http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/buttons/report.gif

pimmo2000 13 January 2006 03:55 AM

I'm a RR virgin... so I'm a bit nervious.. not 100% how to put the power on correctly, but I'm sure you *******s will make it interesting..

As for the Astra man... bit of a tit but I probably shouldnt have given him the finger.. I'm 'tuff' in my Car... grrrr

cw42 13 January 2006 05:21 AM

julian

if only Giles would smile a bit more.............
giles no longer works at prosport.
wah, hope you can get the time off.
wondered when you were going to post on here super :) pimmo2000, you don't drive your car, the mechanics do, so don't worry about "putting the power down", the car will do that :)

Beefy 13 January 2006 06:16 PM

As posted on the other thread, thats the stag-do weekend so I'm over in Belfast unfortunately. Have fun and raise lots of money for whatever worthy cause you decide on.

John WRX 15 January 2006 07:10 AM

Providing its all mapped and set up and run in yeah ill give it a go.

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95
6/ MY93WRX
7/ Wah ( Unconfirmed )
8/ The Supermiester
9/ John WRX (unconfirmed)

SteelX 15 January 2006 01:20 PM

RR not for me. There is a distinct lack of corners and adverse cambers :D

All have a good 'un though and for a good cause!

Steel

cw42 15 January 2006 02:50 PM

Come on darren, lets see what that WR1 is really putting out :)

Beefy 15 January 2006 04:08 PM

Its not what youve got, its what you do with it that counts!

:D

cw42 15 January 2006 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beefy
Its not what youve got, its what you do with it that counts!

:D

hear hear beefy, totally agree, I'm just trying to goad darren into getting his motor on the rollers :)

chris.

TonyBurns 15 January 2006 05:18 PM

I'll pop along ;) if my windscreen is fixed by then as its cracking nicely atm :(

1/ cw42
2/ pimmo2000
3/ the chief
4/ barnesy
5/ gillp95
6/ MY93WRX
7/ Wah ( Unconfirmed )
8/ The Supermiester
9/ John WRX (unconfirmed)
10/ Tony Burns

Tony

TonyBurns 15 January 2006 05:20 PM

Chris,

Are people going to put down what they have done to their cars so we get a rough estimate of what sort of BHP they are pushing out so we can guess better??

Tony:D

PS, think i saw your car last week ;) very nice :D

cw42 15 January 2006 06:09 PM

[quote=TonyBurns]Chris,

Are people going to put down what they have done to their cars so we get a rough estimate of what sort of BHP they are pushing out so we can guess better??[quote]
Good idea tony, I'll edit the list to facilitate that :)
Once you've fixed your windscreen, that should be good for about 2 bhp :lol1:
where did you see me? I keep looking in the "was it you" section, but no-one ever posts there:Whatever_
chris.