ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Clutch Foofed - AGAIN - (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/482346-clutch-foofed-again.html)

cookstar 08 January 2006 10:05 PM

Clutch Foofed - AGAIN -

Driving home from work in fifth gear doing about 55 ish, put my foot down and there she goes slipping like mad, has been getting worse today also.

So, i will not make the same mistake as i did when the first one went and replace it with standard WRX one :Whatever_ (about 9 months ago) :eek:

I have new TD05 waiting to go on as well as a few other mods, aiming to get around 330-350 BHP, what clutch should i be looking at replacing it with and what kind of price to expect?

Cheers guys

Cookie :)

Neilo 08 January 2006 10:16 PM

exedy organic should do the trick for the projected power level :)

Its really odd about yor other one tho, i never had any probs with my standard one ever :( even when running nitrous.

cookstar 08 January 2006 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
exedy organic should do the trick for the projected power level :)

Its really odd about yor other one tho, i never had any probs with my standard one ever :( even when running nitrous.

It has been tracked once, but that doesnt harm the clutch too much does it?

Apart from that, just normal/spirited road use.

Not sure what BHP a standard 02WRX clutch is rated to though, i have a few mods but nothing crazy yet.

RON 08 January 2006 10:33 PM

A phone call to David at API will sort ya mate....!

cookstar 08 January 2006 10:34 PM

What have you guys paid in the past?

RON 08 January 2006 10:46 PM

There's a group buy thread still going......

Neilo 08 January 2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar
It has been tracked once, but that doesnt harm the clutch too much does it?

Apart from that, just normal/spirited road use.

Not sure what BHP a standard 02WRX clutch is rated to though, i have a few mods but nothing crazy yet.

Its rated "apparently" to around 285-290, but i was using mine with up to 400 and it was still ok. Ill be having the exedy with my 2.5 engine, and as RON says....API have a group buy on them at the moment :)

alanbell 08 January 2006 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
Its rated "apparently" to around 285-290, but i was using mine with up to 400 and it was still ok. Ill be having the exedy with my 2.5 engine, and as RON says....API have a group buy on them at the moment :)

Ive got a Exedy twin plate on my 2.5 Im told they hold real good power ?? ;)

cookstar 08 January 2006 11:06 PM

just checked it, sounds good :thumb:

Not sure about the flywheel though, i hear mixed reports on them with regards to engine braking etc.

RON 08 January 2006 11:16 PM

I have one of Davids lightened standard flywheels, i have absolutely no problems with it, whist i didn't really notice the flywheel initially, i did notice that the pedal feel was the same as it was with the standard clutch..... which is a good thing... trust me!!

cookstar 08 January 2006 11:23 PM

thanks guys, looks like my next wage packet is spent already :D

Cookie :)

cookstar 09 January 2006 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by RON
There's a group buy thread still going......

Thanks mate, had a look, spoke to David and sorted :thumb: