ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Help Please I'm stuck (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/481195-help-please-im-stuck.html)

djchriz 04 January 2006 11:59 AM

Help Please I'm stuck

Hi all,

I have a 93 Impreza WRX import, When you boot it as soon as it hits 4000rpm the car looses power immediately, almost as if you have taken your foot right off the gas. I was told it could be the MAF which I have replaced and it still happens, has anyone else had this or similar????????

Cheers in advance for any ideas.

Chris

ben1413 04 January 2006 12:23 PM

I've got a 1994 WRX and have exactly the same problem. The car is fully de-catted with an uprated fuel pump and induction kit. What mods do you have?

It sounds like it's hitting the fuel cut. I've been told before that as my car is fully de-catted I'm getting boost spike higher up the gears which is causing the fuel cut. A Scooyecu/VOS chip is meant to sure this apprently. Alternatively you could try an electronic boost controller?

Hope you get it sorted!

Ben

jaytc2003 04 January 2006 12:36 PM

what gears does this happen in? is it only in the higher gears mainly 4th and 5th? If so it does definately sound like fuel cut, colder weather can attribute to that.
Also it could be that one of your hoses is blowing off, (possibly the intercooler to throttle body) and then as soon as the power cuts, a vacuum is created which sucks the pipe back on and so everything appears normal under the bonnet.

djchriz 04 January 2006 02:05 PM

Thanks for the ideas,

I have full stainless and one of the cats has gone(as far as I know), induction and that is it pretty standard really which is why it has surprised me!

It happens in every gear!

Scoobdogg 04 January 2006 03:19 PM

Is your engine management light on? I had this problem before an my engine management would come on it was due to the speedo sensor at the gearbox coming loose.

wah 04 January 2006 03:47 PM

has it been derestricted ( Jap Import ????) these were limited to 112Kmh

djchriz 04 January 2006 04:09 PM

No lights at all and the car runs lovely even when you gradually increase the revs, but when you flat foot it as soon as four grands comes you are lunged forward untill you take your foot off!
Yeah it has been derestricted, as it'll do 130mph, (on the track of coarse):)
Cheers for the responce

WRX Blues 04 January 2006 04:23 PM

The boost kept spiking and hitting fuel cut in my decatted Sti V4 - Blitz boost controller set up by Xtreme Scoobies (around 1.25 bar) fixed the problem perfectly!
:)

jaytc2003 04 January 2006 08:03 PM

would check hose connections around the turbo, I think its unusual for fuel cut in the lower gears but it does sound as though that is it

djchriz 05 January 2006 09:36 AM

Ok I have a ramp free on friday night so will check, thanks very much.