ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Drift Day Oulton Park 28th Jan (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/480277-drift-day-oulton-park-28th-jan.html)

Daz1121 31 December 2005 12:08 PM

Drift Day Oulton Park 28th Jan

Anyone for here going to this one, I'll be there so should be good fun and can't wait.

MarksWRX 01 January 2006 01:33 AM

I'll defo be there, even if its just for free rides :) Might take mine out for a slide if its behaving itself.

See you there.

Daz1121 02 January 2006 07:27 PM

Cool Mark, shall see you there and be good if you can get your car out too for a slide.

MY93WRX 12 January 2006 01:33 PM

how does thta work then

Can someone tell me how a drift day works and what the costs are???

MarksWRX 12 January 2006 03:20 PM

You'll love it, its a right laff. Cars sliding off, spinning and just generally getting it wrong. All at fairly low speed so risk of damage is very low.
Wet rally circuit so low tyre wear, low engine/gearbox wear and low petrol costs. Theres a good chance the circuits will be slippy enough at this time of year in which case they will leave one of the circuits dry.
See www.tracksport.co.uk for more details and some videos/photos.

Come along on the 28th and have a watch. If you bring a helmet you might be able to get some passenger rides. And by the afternoon you'll want a go yourself. :)

MY93WRX 12 January 2006 05:13 PM

May take the plunge

Seems like fun, but from what i've read & tried on wet roads its hard to get the scoob to do a continues drift. And a full oulton track day is a similar price, but more wear and tear i supose.

RRH 13 January 2006 12:02 PM

I just might be there ;) Continuous drift in the Impreza can be done with practice, but it does sort the men from the boys :) Much easier in a Type R or Type RA STi though

Daz1121 28 January 2006 06:09 PM

Don't even ask how it went today. Oulton Park messed it up again for me but thanks to all at Tracksport that tried to sort the problem out for me.

MarksWRX 03 February 2006 09:27 PM

What happened Daz. I was there for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Looked out for you but you must have left.

Daz1121 10 February 2006 06:32 PM

Yep I was only there about an hour due to a huge mix up by Oulton Park. I'd requested a helmet and told them the size I was. I know they have a helmet of the size I asked for as have used it before at Oulton Park on a Caterham day. Turned up in the morning for my drifting fun only to find out that Oulton Park couldn't find the helmet for me. End result, me going home early and not very happy about the whole incident. I must add that Tracksport had done all they could and could not have done amy more to help me. Thanks again to Graham and all at Tracksport for what they done to try and sort a helmet for me.

RRH 12 February 2006 07:45 PM

I think its maybe time you bought one ;) on a serious note, it is a worthwhile purchase if you are planning to do more days- and buy the best you can afford.

Daz1121 12 February 2006 08:09 PM

I've tried looking about but XXXL helmets are difficult to find in the UK.

Daz1121 05 August 2006 10:58 PM

Well, I've now got myself a helmet and shall look forward to doing the drift day at Oulton Park soon.