ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Should I use millers cvl turbo every tank? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/479693-should-i-use-millers-cvl-turbo-every-tank.html)

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 05:14 PM

Should I use millers cvl turbo every tank?

Kinda new to the subaru turbo world and i have to use an octane booster with my scooby due to mods, with cvl turbo and 40 liters of bp ultimate i get very little activity from knock link and no det, but previous owner said to use 2 tanks with octane booster and one clear run, he didnt use cvl turbo though, was some stuff from the states... on a clear run there is a lot more activity from knock link and now and again under heavy boost it dets... what ya all think???

jonny gav 28 December 2005 05:28 PM

if you are loaded then yes, use it every tank full!

if not get hold of some NF and run that at 2 ml per ltr, it will work just as well and save you money :)

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 05:43 PM

Can get it for 5 quid a bottle... Just heard that it can cause sticky injectors using it every time... Am lookin into the nf stuff too, but seems hard to get over here... Northern Ireland.

jonny gav 28 December 2005 05:51 PM

£5 a bottle, thats very cheap!!!

who told you it can cause sticky injectors? never heard that before!

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 06:34 PM

Previous owner, but then he wasnt using cvl turbo it was some stuff from the states but he seemed to think that cvl would cause it too... doubt it meself... think i will use it every tank and have no knock ;) till i can sourse some nf ;)

DIPSY 28 December 2005 07:01 PM

I read about cvl turbo it treats 20liters of fuel so if 60litre tank three bottles

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 07:16 PM

Yea 4 octane (40 points) per 20 liters of fuel, my scoob seems to like 99 ron so 1 bottle per 40 liters super plus works wonders and knock link loves it lol

DIPSY 28 December 2005 07:23 PM

I use optimax and millers octane booster in my 05jdm sti till i get it remaped for optimax and octane booster i bottle for 50litres .I would of thought you would need 3bottles per tank 1 bottle of cvl for 20litres of fuel.I use the octane booster every time i fill up with fuel

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 07:25 PM

what octane booster u using?

DIPSY 28 December 2005 07:29 PM

Millers octane plus

ZEN Performance 28 December 2005 07:54 PM

Your best bet is to stop using BP Ultimate as it's piss poor in comparison to Optimax, or pretty much every other 97+RON fuel.

Optimax with a single cheap bottle of Millers Octane Plus should work better than your current combo. Even better would be to get the mapping sorted so you don't need to run octane booster.

Paul

DIPSY 28 December 2005 08:25 PM

I am getting mine ie 05jdm sti remapped for uk fuel .Just running the optimax with millers octane booster and just taking it easy .Then next year go down and see Andy f for remap.He did my my2000 uk turbo with mods

JJstiuk 28 December 2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
Your best bet is to stop using BP Ultimate as it's piss poor in comparison to Optimax, or pretty much every other 97+RON fuel.

Optimax with a single cheap bottle of Millers Octane Plus should work better than your current combo. Even better would be to get the mapping sorted so you don't need to run octane booster.

Paul

Yup was thinkin this too..., goes well though, Optimax as its not in northern ireland yet, normally use sainsburys super, bp seems to work well in my car though. Runnin 1.5 bar boost, no cats, performance subaru exhaust from turbo, lightened pullies, uprated fuel pump and rail, with ecutec remap...

TonyBurns 28 December 2005 08:50 PM

Thought CVL was for leaded petrol cars?
Millers octane plus is for unleaded ;)

Tony:D

ZEN Performance 28 December 2005 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Thought CVL was for leaded petrol cars?
Millers octane plus is for unleaded ;)

Tony:D

Erm no :wonder:

CVL turbo has better gains and is more expensive, but does have better lubrication properties as a bonus. The lead replacement product just plain CVL (non turbo).

Paul

TonyBurns 28 December 2005 10:01 PM

Erm no :wonder:

CVL turbo has better gains and is more expensive, but does have better lubrication properties as a bonus. The lead replacement product just plain CVL (non turbo).

Paul

Ah cheers :D
Just looked it up on the millers site, your not suppose to use CVL turbo with cats by the looks though, it says occasional use.

Tony

ZEN Performance 28 December 2005 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Ah cheers :D
Just looked it up on the millers site, your not suppose to use CVL turbo with cats by the looks though, it says occasional use.

Tony

if used at full strength it might, but that goes for other products like NF too.

WRX_Rich 29 December 2005 01:19 AM

if used at full strength it might, but that goes for other products like NF too.

doh , what would it do to a (sports) cat after pre longed ... thinking s**t S***t S***t I now know why my car failed its emissions

JJstiuk 29 December 2005 03:36 AM

I buy 10 bottles of cvl turbo for 50 quid, 5 quid a tank, not too bad, i dont do massive mileage either :)

ZEN Performance 29 December 2005 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by JJstiuk
I buy 10 bottles of cvl turbo for 50 quid, 5 quid a tank, not too bad, i dont do massive mileage either :)

I am being serious about the BP fuel, you may think it's as good as the rest, but do a search.