ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Help needed please.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/478963-help-needed-please.html)

Craig Compton 23 December 2005 11:28 AM

Help needed please....

Hi

I'm having a problem with my 03 Sti type uk (standard apart from a 3" exhaust from the down pipe)

When the car gets to around 4500 rpm theres a blip in power then its off again then 5500 it does it again.:wonder:

Then when I got to 120 mph ish a buzzer/alarm came on.:confused:

Please does anyone know what this could be as the car is still under warranty and is booked in for them to look at, and I would like some ideas before they try and fob me off.:notworthy

Cheers

Craig

jaytc2003 23 December 2005 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Craig Compton
Hi

Please does anyone know what this could be as the car is still under warranty and is booked in for them to look at, and I would like some ideas before they try and fob me off.:notworthy

Cheers

Craig

Was there any blue flashing lights visible as well?
Best bet is to post in technical it will get seen quicker there.

urban 23 December 2005 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Craig Compton
Hi

I'm having a problem with my 03 Sti type uk (standard apart from a 3" exhaust from the down pipe)

When the car gets to around 4500 rpm theres a blip in power then its off again then 5500 it does it again.:wonder:

Cheers

Craig

What RPM is your shift indicator set to?

Craig Compton 23 December 2005 12:32 PM

6800 rpm mate

scooby222 23 December 2005 08:35 PM

i had a similar experience the other night which brought the engine check light on. i got the garage to check it out and apparently it was dirt or dust going through the wastegate. id just filled up with fuel so i reckon i picked up some dirt from there

Turbotits 23 December 2005 09:07 PM

sounds like the boost maybe being pulled back abit at 4500 which is a safty feature and what alarm went off?Were you in top gear(6th)?

pete hambling 24 December 2005 05:07 AM

craig,the 3 inch exhaust is causing the car to over boost around 4500 and again at high speed you need to get the car chipped and remapped, it will be worth it though, as you will have about 190 kw,at the wheels.good for about a 12.8 sec pass,regards pete.

Brun 24 December 2005 09:33 AM

The way i read it is that you have the std downpipe but a different centre and backbox - this correct? If so, i'd be very suprised if that was causing overboost. Is you local dealer aware of your pipe, with regard to your warranty???