ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   finally ive got one (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/478872-finally-ive-got-one.html)

moneys 22 December 2005 09:38 PM

finally ive got one

#9 :luxhello:
WAHAY thankfully after over 2 months of searching ive found a scooby wagon. after much arguing the wife agreed to me having some more money and i found this one on e-bay, i had to travel all the way to watford for her (400 mile round trip from my house) but i think she is worth it. its totally standard apart from the headlight conversion which i would of only done myself anyway, its only done 42k and its got full history and one previous owner. not sure on any mods yet but if i do i will probably just stay fairly modest with a new exhaust and ecu re-map ( any advice on exhausts will be appreciated i dont want anything to loud as i go out at 5.30 in the morning to work and dont want to wake up the neighborhood) . im over the moon with the car though and im really suprised at how refined it is, the fuel consumption is a bit of an eye opener but i was half expecting it anyway. only real problem ive got is the next service is the cambelt one but after speaking to my local subaru garage ( holdcraft of widnes ) i was informed this would only cost £420 , this seems very reasonable to me but if anyone can advise me differantly please do. i also got my insurance fully comp off a-plan for £740 which im also made up with. all in all in the first week of owning my first scooby im finding it hard to fault it and im driving the wife mad talking about it all the time, please do let me know though of any good mods that i can look at carrying out .
thanks ste
p.s thanks for the advice people posted me when i first registred my interest in subarus it really did come in handy.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/42/7e/e8_1_b.JPGhttp://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/48/7e/2c_1_b.JPG:notworthy

kingofturds 22 December 2005 09:51 PM

well done mate enjoy

s70rjw 22 December 2005 09:57 PM

Good to hear you're enjoying it. Wagons Rock............

Kroy 22 December 2005 09:59 PM

Nice car m8:D
have fun!!

Gear Head 22 December 2005 11:07 PM

Very nice motor m8! ( And thats coming from a classic saloon owner! )

LegacySTi 22 December 2005 11:24 PM

lovely mate!!!!!!!

corradoboy 23 December 2005 08:57 AM

Welcome, and great you're enjoying the new toy :thumb:

As for the mods you mention, if your chosen exhaust is a decat then the remap will be necessary, but if not (and given your preference for a quiet one it might not be) then save the cash as there'll be little gain. A Prodrive BB will free up a few ponies and sounds great. A nice gentle burble at low revs that shouldn't upset the neighbours, but turns into a roar at full chat :D Keep an eye out in the for sale section as they often appear as folks move on to decats and noisier stuff :thumb: You might want to consider the free airbox mod (do a search for "resonator") along with a good panel filter replacement (Green, JR Racing, K&N) to free up the airflow into the engine and make the spool-up and dump audible. Also, consider the suspension and brakes. A Whiteline rear ARB with solid links is an essential, and possibly do the braided lines, DOT5.1 fluid and some good pads (Ferodo, Pagid, Mintex).
Apart from that, keep her clean & shiny, get along to some meets and events, always wave, and enjoy :D

pete hambling 23 December 2005 09:54 AM

dont spend 420 quid on a timing belt. get an aftermarket kevlar one,(extrastrong),i paid 195aud,so thats about 70-80 quid,checkout the web for belts

Mikkk 23 December 2005 12:53 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Subaru ownership and ScoobyNet ... nice wagon, depressingly clean in that pic :thumb:

moneys 24 December 2005 04:49 PM

the 420 is for the service as well as the belt. i was thinking of just changing the bb instead of the full system so thanks for the advice. going to look into going to a few meets in the merseyside area when they come up.

M1BJR 24 December 2005 11:22 PM

Well done mate, had my eye on that one also. It was the company directors car if I recall, and sold without the vanity plate?
A bit cautios of ebay motors so nice to hear a positive review. Anyhow found anice modified MY00 in the very next street which I now own instead, and loving every mile :lol1:

Steve.

moneys 26 December 2005 11:20 AM

thats the one mate he never reached his reserve of 8k for the car but i got it for £7600 so im well chuffed. he was a really nice bloke and the car is immaculate. its only done 43k and its got full history, i aint got no problem buying off e-bay you just have to make the relevant checks like hpi. the bloke was very helpfull and honest though and never held anything back about the car. whats your scooby like then?

speedydaveb 26 December 2005 11:54 AM

Looks and sounds like a good un, bugeyes with the colour coded morrette conversion look really good. (I'm a classic wagon owner BTW!)

SCD Simon 27 December 2005 04:45 PM

Looks like you found a good one.
IIRC the rear waist spoiler was an option so you have saved a few quid there ;)

wide 27 December 2005 07:18 PM

Nice wagon, hope you enjoy it

funkyspider 27 December 2005 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Good to hear you're enjoying it. Wagons Rock............

Surely that should be wagons roll .... :D

BedHog 27 December 2005 10:52 PM

I have a Bugeye Wagon and love it - white, although not at them moment lol

Mine was an import though.

I've had the downpipe decated & Sti panel filter (it didn't have a center cat) and an Ecutek 3 remap plus uprated/lowered springs and and front/rear anti roll bars.

Both of those mods made a superb difference - really makes it a lot sharper on performance and handling.

Enjoy your new car :)