ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   classic vs bug eye vs blog eyes (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/478447-classic-vs-bug-eye-vs-blog-eyes.html)

40rdy 20 December 2005 08:02 PM

classic vs bug eye vs blog eyes

what do you think is the best

jasonius 20 December 2005 08:36 PM

Is the 'Blogeye' the 06 Impreza..?;)

Raartoot 20 December 2005 08:38 PM

I dont think there can be a Best, There is 3 different leagues there, but maybe by looks wise, then Id have to go with the classic.......only because Ive got one!!;)

geesta 20 December 2005 08:50 PM

:wonder: Classic all the way.

sparky d 20 December 2005 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jasonius
Is the 'Blogeye' the 06 Impreza..?;)

As above , what is the blogeye :wonder:

s70rjw 20 December 2005 08:53 PM

Classic Wagon All the way

pauld37 20 December 2005 09:20 PM

No question, bugeye :thumb: though I like the classic too :D

Butty 21 December 2005 08:24 AM

No Alfa-eye / SEAT-eye included??

LEE-WRX 21 December 2005 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Butty
No Alfa-eye / SEAT-eye included??

I have heard the 06 impreza referred to as the "hawkeye" not a bad comparison actually.

I would have to say i think that the classic is the best, its "the original" scooby :)

elgordano 21 December 2005 08:32 AM

Best at what?

lordharding 21 December 2005 10:20 AM

wagons in classic are the best

especially in GREEN :D:D:D::D

ImprezaRob 21 December 2005 10:26 AM

Classic shapes the most visually appealing IMO.

What constitues best though? something like a Classic shape STi 5 is gonna be better than a Bugeye, but then a Bugeye STi will be better than a Classic shape WRX, etc, etc, etc!

Are ya talking about bog standard WRX's or STi's?

chippy17 21 December 2005 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Classic Wagon All the way

seconded, why? because I own one!

ryn004 21 December 2005 11:02 AM

Never heard of the blogeye, did you mean the blobeye. And the new Impreza is nicknamed the hawkeye.
I like the classic from all 4 variants.
However can someone clarify this for me: Is the Facelift Classic WRX (280bhp) quicker/faster then any other the new Impreza? Because on paper the classic seems to have more bhp and a lighter body.

ImprezaRob 21 December 2005 11:13 AM

I think the classic WRX Impreza's whether it be 240bhp or 260bhp versions, are quicker than any of the newage WRX's.

V4JDMSTi 21 December 2005 11:21 AM

i'd have to say classic really as i have one. wouldn't mind owning any of the various incarnations though.

WRXewl 21 December 2005 12:14 PM

Polls like this are pointless as people are just going to vote for the version of Impreza they have

ryn004 21 December 2005 12:30 PM

WRXewl - why would someoen buy a Impreza version they do not like?

phelpsa 21 December 2005 12:30 PM

It depends how much money you have to spend, what you are going to use it for and how much modification you are going to do.

For a fast impreza for weekend use something like an STi 5/6 or P1 would be best. If you're looking for something to travel round the country in with a bit of pace and still a bit of comfort a bug/blob WRX is best. Bugeyes are bargains at the moment and they still look good with morette/STi/Prodrive headlights. You can pick up a decent STi 7 for £11000 at the moment!

DannyBoy007 21 December 2005 06:23 PM

I have a classic, but I'd rather have a Blob eye Spec C

Blue94WRX300 21 December 2005 06:28 PM

As a bit of harmless fun I would have to say the Classic Saloon, only because I have one!!

I do believe they made a mistake on the styling changing to the bugeye after the classic was evolving into the best looking thing on the road...

but I guess it's horses for courses really...?

Definately don't think Subaru should ditch the saloon and go with the hatchback though... now that would be the end of an era imho!!

Petem95 21 December 2005 06:31 PM

I think blob-eyes look the best now.

Classics are nice, but are starting to look very dated, and the chav image doenst help things.

Bug-eyes look horrible - what were Subaru thinking? "oh this corrola is lovely, lets copy the front end!" Mind you the MY06 doesnt look much better with its 'daeoo' front end!

bob r 21 December 2005 06:37 PM

i have bug eye:cuckoo: i prefer the looks of the classic, but the reliability of a blob eye, cant subaru relaunch the classic as a ltd edition, would be awesome with new 2.5:notworthy

Blue94WRX300 21 December 2005 06:47 PM

That was my point really Pete, a bit dated they may be but...

At least the classic was an original design that evolved into it's own thing... far to many new cars nowadays including Subaru's are just a safe design that don't stray to far away from the competition, with very few individual originals.

scoobymadburd 21 December 2005 06:51 PM

I have a silver my97 wagon and personally i feel the blob eye is the best but the classic has a nice look about it. Personally nextyear i hope to buy the Hawkeye as it has everything i seem to want LOL

Claire

cookstar 21 December 2005 06:55 PM

The very best Subaru you can get is the one YOU WANT, taking into account other needs such as reliability etc.

Which is why i have NOT voted on this pole ;)

I have wanted an Impreza ever since i saw the Bug eye, i brought one and I love it for that reason.

Personally i dont think any Imprezas are "crap" etc, just different and appealling to different people.

The amount of people that have looked at my car and complimented me on it, wanted a ride etc. Tells me it is not Ugly at all just different to the tastes of Classic/Blob owners.

Saying that i have changed a few things i didnt like about the bug wrx i.e spoiler and headlights but the rest of it is how I like it.

Cookie (A proud Bug eye owner) :D

wide 21 December 2005 07:51 PM

Had 3 , so I guess it must be classic

badboy-scoob 21 December 2005 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
Classics are nice, but are starting to look very dated, and the chav image doenst help things.

clasics aint for chavs bru, u only gotta go to a cruise and u r gonna see that clasics are da most popular cos ther the best looking

when u seen one kitted up u cannot beat it!

i got a classic and its da dogs!!

cookstar 21 December 2005 08:09 PM

:lol1: :lol1:

Originally Posted by badboy-scoob
clasics aint for chavs bru, u only gotta go to a cruise and u r gonna see that clasics are da most popular cos ther the best looking

when u seen one kitted up u cannot beat it!

i got a classic and its da dogs!!

Daniel-S 21 December 2005 08:17 PM

I done this poll on monday mate.