ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   squeaking from lock to lock !!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/477902-squeaking-from-lock-to-lock.html)

Reckless 18 December 2005 12:22 AM

squeaking from lock to lock !!!!!!

why has my 99 2000 turbo just started to squeak from lock to lock . i no there is a post about this else where on here but no seems to have check ed it lately so ive started a new one plz can any body help cos it get right on my tits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :confused:

andy97 19 December 2005 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Reckless
why has my 99 2000 turbo just started to squeak from lock to lock . i no there is a post about this else where on here but no seems to have check ed it lately so ive started a new one plz can any body help cos it get right on my tits !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :confused:

Have you had the bumpsteer mod done by powerstation ?

Reckless 19 December 2005 02:31 PM

no bump mod !

Originally Posted by andy97
Have you had the bumpsteer mod done by powerstation ?

no i havent , should i and would it cure my problem ?

andy97 20 December 2005 10:16 AM

no i havent , should i and would it cure my problem ?

No it wont cure your problem, I thought there was a pattern developing not you've just killed that theory.

Danny Boy 20 December 2005 11:50 AM

I think the pattern appearing is that the 99 steering rack has an issue that arrises about 7-8 years after manufacture. Mine started doing this a few months ago too.

Dan.

APIDavid 20 December 2005 12:46 PM

Is it coming from the rack /suspension or from the steering wheel.??

We had some top suspension mountings running dry a few weeks ago and copperslip fixed it.

Call me if I can help further.

Good Luck David APi Impreza / APi Engines
www.apiengines.com

Jim_B 20 December 2005 01:03 PM

Mine creaks and is getting worse over the last few weeks... Have had the bumpsteer mod on mine... The noise is starting to annoy now ! Dont think its coming from the steering wheel - not had time to investigate it yet.

vitesse 26 December 2005 10:52 AM

If its creaking it will be the steering rack rubbers,just lube them up and all should be OK

T-uk 26 December 2005 11:10 AM

could you jack the car up and check for play in the wheel bearings?

the reason I suggest this is that my own car was squeaking. I thought it was lack of use as I rarely use it at this time of year and that the driveshaft gaiters where possibly cold and hard (also found it to be speed related) , I sprayed them with silicon spray. this did nothing and although I had no nasty grinding noise/rumbles at any speed , or noticed the brake pedal soft for the first push after some corners I jacked the car up and found some play in the n/s/f wheel bearing . I torqued it up and the squeak has gone.

Gear Head 26 December 2005 01:33 PM

May sound stupid but, have you checked your power steering fluid level??