ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   films where you end up thinking WTF was that all about... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/477865-films-where-you-end-up-thinking-wtf-was-that-all-about.html)

Hex 17 December 2005 08:32 PM

films where you end up thinking WTF was that all about...

Seems to be a wealth of them out there - films that simply make no sense whatsoever and leave you pondering WTF was that all about for days after

Well heres two to get it started...

1) Mulholland Drive - biggest WTF ever, but some good scenes in it ;)
2) I Heart Huckabees

Anyone care to explain either of these or add any others?

Neil

G-STAR 17 December 2005 08:38 PM

Revolver - but, looking back, I think it was just plain crap. :brickwall

alcazar 17 December 2005 08:38 PM

"The Deer Hunter". Daft title, stupid film, no point, boring:rolleyes:

Alcazar

CooperS 17 December 2005 09:11 PM

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :S

Steve vRS 17 December 2005 09:19 PM

Donnie Darko

Jamo 17 December 2005 09:23 PM

new war of the worlds film.

Hepy 17 December 2005 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
Donnie Darko

I second that. I watched it again today, still don't really get it.

birtywrx 17 December 2005 09:37 PM

i think it was deep blue sea... WTF???!!! :wonder: it never even started if you ask me, that title may be wrong though! cant remember!!!! about to divers who got forgotten, THE END.

The Rani 17 December 2005 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hex
Seems to be a wealth of them out there - films that simply make no sense whatsoever and leave you pondering WTF was that all about for days after

Thought most films were like that :D

Petem95 17 December 2005 09:44 PM

Avalon

I love films like this which dont fully explain everything, and leave you to do some thinking! Also its great when theres various ways of interpreting some aspects, and this leaves it open to debate.

staffs Mike 17 December 2005 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by birtywrx
i think it was deep blue sea... WTF???!!! :wonder: it never even started if you ask me, that title may be wrong though! cant remember!!!! about to divers who got forgotten, THE END.

open water?

and i'll 3rd donnie darko...WHHHAAAATTTT??

birtywrx 17 December 2005 09:48 PM

thats it, open water! what a waste of time and money that was!

richiewong 17 December 2005 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by G-STAR
Revolver - but, looking back, I think it was just plain crap. :brickwall

Damn right, worst piece of sh1t I've seen in a long time :mad:

David_Dickson 17 December 2005 10:09 PM

I saw Vanilla Sky at the cinema when it was released. I got it, and thought it was ok, but some bloke a few rows down from me stood up near the end just as all was revealed and yelled "this is a load of sh1te" while pointing at the screen, then walked out. I guess he didnt get it.

My own nomination? The Blair Witch Project. WTF???? loads of irritating screeching and crying, then it ends. erm.....

The Rani 17 December 2005 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
I saw Vanilla Sky at the cinema when it was released. I got it, and thought it was ok, but some bloke a few rows down from me stood up near the end just as all was revealed and yelled "this is a load of sh1te" while pointing at the screen, then walked out. I guess he didnt get it.

My own nomination? The Blair Witch Project. WTF???? loads of irritating screeching and crying, then it ends. erm.....

Thought both of them were awful ........:)

cookstar 17 December 2005 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by staffs Mike
open water?

and i'll 3rd donnie darko...WHHHAAAATTTT??

I will 4th Darko kind of, but a thought it was brilliant :thumb:

fast bloke 17 December 2005 11:03 PM

Whinny the pooh - the piglet movie... storyline was OK, but the ending was cr4p

Jamjar 17 December 2005 11:24 PM

5th vote for Donnie Darko here plus the first half of 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'

GU5 18 December 2005 12:06 AM

The Cube.

:confused:

Funkii Munkii 18 December 2005 10:32 AM

Another Blair Witch here what an awful film, I've never seen so many people get up and walk out of one film. I saw Open Water last night and yes it's a B Movie saved only by the tits and flange at the start, then its all down hill.

JTaylor 18 December 2005 10:45 AM

I get a bit moody when people say films are sh1t or pointless because they haven't understood them. I managed / trained in a call centre for a while and would hear "'kin' crap innit" and "that films stupid". Actually, the viewer was feckin' crap and stupid and the film just required some thought. Inevitably, these imbeciles would thoroughly enjoy films where the plot was, like the viewer, quite simple.

DD is definately an odd one but also a favourite of mine.

http://www.donniedarko.com/

PG 18 December 2005 11:01 AM

Lord of the Rings !
At the end I did the standing up and pointing at the screen thing. A guy about half a dozen saets along from me said "thank fcuk ! I thought I was the only ont thinking that" :D

jfrf 18 December 2005 11:46 AM

SOLARIS!

enough said about that b*lloks

16vmarc 18 December 2005 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
"The Deer Hunter". Daft title, stupid film, no point, boring:rolleyes:

Alcazar

My favourite film of all time :eek: Im shocked!

TopBanana 18 December 2005 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hex
1) Mulholland Drive - biggest WTF ever, but some good scenes in it ;)

It doesn't make sense until the end. Even then I had to watch it again to really understand it. The main part of the film is all in her head.... the other woman (the perfect success) is who she really wants to be. I can't remember the ending though.

MarkGArgyle 18 December 2005 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jamjar
5th vote for Donnie Darko here plus the first half of 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'

6th from me. Totally WTF....:cuckoo:

Couldn't face watching it a 2nd time to try to understand it....:confused: :Suspiciou

p.s. what's the standing pointing at the screen thing in LOR??

Spoon 18 December 2005 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I get a bit moody when people say films are sh1t or pointless because they haven't understood them.

I can't even sit and begin to watch a film full-stop! Anybody else think films are shít and pointless? :D

Chip 18 December 2005 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon
I can't even sit and begin to watch a film full-stop! Anybody else think films are shít and pointless? :D

Yeah me, last time I went to the cinema it was to see Platoon which was quite a few years ago.

Chip

Spoon 18 December 2005 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
Yeah me, last time I went to the cinema it was to see Platoon which was quite a few years ago.

Chip

Cinemas for me would be a total no-no if I can't manage it in my own home. :D

drumsterphil 18 December 2005 01:12 PM

Can't believe nobody has mentioned MAGNOLIA!

Now, that is a steaming pile of tripe and I still wish I could hunt any of the critics down who raved about this celluloid disaster and caused me to wait 2.5hours of my life watching.