ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cheap PPP and remapping question. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/477753-cheap-ppp-and-remapping-question.html)

Tuts 17 December 2005 01:58 AM

Cheap PPP and remapping question.

The other week there was a post on here about cheap PPP.
My local dealers wanted £1600.

I asked if there was any chance of a deal as I'd heard some dealers were trying to get rid of them before the my06 came in. He said he hadn't heard of that.

Anyone actually found somewhere that does them cheaper? I have a 53plate with aprrox 1 years warranty left so would like PPP, but if I have to spend £1600 I will consider something else.

The other question is to do with ecutek licensing. The initial payment is higher due to the ecutek license fee. Does this mean that as I have a modified ecu (prodrive remapped) because of the PPP then I won't pay the license cost if I get another remap?

Cheers
Chris

Bartop 17 December 2005 09:08 AM

No - fraid the cost of PPP doesn't include a reusable ecutek licence..

Tuts 17 December 2005 10:22 AM

ok cheers for that.

Well that settles it. Cheap PPP or use an alternative.

Anyone seen any discounted PPP about? Preferably in the north west?

Butty 17 December 2005 10:43 AM

Like for like new parts and inclusive fitting, the PPP is about £100 more expensive than an alternative method but will include a warranty as well.

The cheaper option would be to buy 2nd hand items and have a remap:

Rear Prodrive box - £170
Samco hose - £60
Centre decat - £75
Remap - £650

Total £955. Fit it yourself or 2-3 hours (£120-£180) at a garage.

If you can get a cheap PPP then I would go for that.

Nick

scoobydooooo 17 December 2005 10:52 AM

i have never ever seen ppp discounted anywhere !! subaru gave it away for free but money off ......................no

mal ishus 17 December 2005 12:13 PM

just got an 05 wrx from st leger doncaster they have quoted me £750.00 to have prodrive fitted try them

Tuts 17 December 2005 04:47 PM

Thanks for that. I'll give them a try on monday.

RJL_WRX05 17 December 2005 08:29 PM

I got ppp fitted about a month ago at Olympian for £960:thumb: . I was getting same response as you from local dealers who just wouldn't move on the cost. Well worth the money although there is no way I wud have got it done at £1,600!!

topjimmy 17 December 2005 09:24 PM

All dealers should be discounting PPP now on the previous generation cars, today I was quoted £1300 including vat and fitting on a new 05 MY STi, previous price was over £2K I believe. From what I understand PPP on a WRX should be about £900 including VAT and fitting, if somone is quoting more I'd go somewhere else...

RJL_WRX05 17 December 2005 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by topjimmy
All dealers should be discounting PPP now on the previous generation cars, today I was quoted £1300 including vat and fitting on a new 05 MY STi, previous price was over £2K I believe. From what I understand PPP on a WRX should be about £900 including VAT and fitting, if somone is quoting more I'd go somewhere else...

I totally agree but you will still struggle to find dealers offering ppp for a wrx at less than £1,400 unless their is a new car in with the deal. Even cash etc etc doesn't seem to matter.

cw42 18 December 2005 01:02 AM

tuts please give me a call on sunday afternoon, I've pm'd my number to you.
I have just bought a my53 sti, with ppp. I am having a miltek exhaust, remap, and hopefully decat on january 5th @ powerstation. I do not need the exhaust I have on now after that date, or the ppp'd ecu or the downpipe.
Somehow, between now and my remap, I'm willing to sort out the swap to your car.
chris.

Tuts 18 December 2005 12:28 PM

yhm

Krg WRX 23 December 2005 03:43 PM

Just rung my local dealer,they are selling PPP for £1175.They said that 2 weeks ago there were about 100 PPP on their system and once they were sold that was it for the MY05 and below.

NulaT 03 January 2006 01:47 PM

Anybody know of any offers in the SW/Midlands area? I've phoned Olympian who quoted £1106 all in (but have none in stock). None of the others (six) will do anything other than £1600.