ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   HELP VERY URGENT (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/476906-help-very-urgent.html)

PIXIEDUST 12 December 2005 09:15 PM

HELP VERY URGENT

Driving today the oil light came on so got home waited to cool the engine down and put oil in but when i took the oil cap away the oil was like that expandable 4oam now i can see oil dripping under the car .Richies working .:mad:

pippyrips 12 December 2005 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by PIXIEDUST
Driving today the oil light came on so got home waited to cool the engine down and put oil in but when i took the oil cap away the oil was like that expandable 4oam now i can see oil dripping under the car .Richies working .:mad:

how do you mean"oil was like that expandable 4oam "?

sammyh 12 December 2005 09:46 PM

White? sort of creamy froth? sounds like a head gasket or water mixing with the oil somehow :(

PIXIEDUST 12 December 2005 09:49 PM

yellowy creamy slimmy muck

Silver Scooby Sport 12 December 2005 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by sammyh
White? sort of creamy froth? sounds like a head gasket or water mixing with the oil somehow :(

I'm not that mechanically minded but I would have to agree with Sammy on this :(

KJD Mk1 12 December 2005 10:28 PM

It does sound like oil in the water or the other way round but oil dripping from underneath oh dear sounds serious im afraid.

Dont start it until richies had a look.

pippyrips 13 December 2005 11:05 AM

any news? is this in the c-spec? :(

valley commando 13 December 2005 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=pippyrips]any news? is this in the c-spec? :([/QUOT

well not sure whats gone wrong with it but she's sprung a little leak

it's a vauxhall ageila 998cc 04 plate with17k on the clock
it's not got a hard life cos it's more or less only used to ferry the kids to school and a mile or 2 for her for work
so she's booked in on friday in vauxhall
the oil looks like its coming from a seal d/s side

one of the problems ive found with this engine is it takes an age to warm up and 2sec's to cool down(very quick engine climate change) so this is something to do with the crap on the cap ,it is only on the cap aswell (not on dip stick) or inside casings as far as i can see so i'm gona keep very close eye on it until friday cos it needs 2 be use'd for 2 day's 6miles per day the oil leak is not gusher so as long as i make sure that it's topped up it will be ok finger's crossed
thanks for the input all
richie:thumb:

KJD Mk1 13 December 2005 02:13 PM

Phew.. for a moment i thought the scoob had blown :eek: doesnt sound quite so bad as first thank goodness.
nothing wrong with a bit of cream on your knob ;)

Silver Scooby Sport 13 December 2005 04:06 PM

Richie you gave us all a heart attack we thought it was the scooby !!!!

Maybe a seal has gone somewhere, are the engine temps ok or is it getting on the warm side as well ?

The Trooper 1815 13 December 2005 04:07 PM

As long as the nice man in the garage cleans it off!!!!!! Urghhhhhh

big daz2 13 December 2005 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=valley commando]

Originally Posted by pippyrips
any news? is this in the c-spec? :([/QUOT

well not sure whats gone wrong with it but she's sprung a little leak

it's a vauxhall ageila 998cc 04 plate with17k on the clock
it's not got a hard life cos it's more or less only used to ferry the kids to school and a mile or 2 for her for work
so she's booked in on friday in vauxhall
the oil looks like its coming from a seal d/s side

one of the problems ive found with this engine is it takes an age to warm up and 2sec's to cool down(very quick engine climate change) so this is something to do with the crap on the cap ,it is only on the cap aswell (not on dip stick) or inside casings as far as i can see so i'm gona keep very close eye on it until friday cos it needs 2 be use'd for 2 day's 6miles per day the oil leak is not gusher so as long as i make sure that it's topped up it will be ok finger's crossed
thanks for the input all
richie:thumb:

sorry to say it rich but everything points to the head gasket.

DannyBoy007 13 December 2005 08:26 PM

Sorry to hear this but atleast it should be covered under warranty.

When you told us the other day you were getting a full a decat and a remap I thought it was for the scoob, You never told us it was for Pixiedust's tarmac terror!!!!!!

pippyrips 13 December 2005 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=
nothing wrong with a bit of cream on your knob ;)[/QUOTE]

kev - your sick!

lucky lady 14 December 2005 02:42 AM

;) ;) ;) :iamwithst :D
come on guys, women and cars bad combination eh i'll say it b4 you do lol dont worry donna sure richie has it sorted, he usually has.