ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Remap?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/476620-remap.html)

finnie 11 December 2005 02:37 PM

Remap??

thinking about buying an ecutek chip, can anyone tell me what the story is with licensing and remapping of this, I'd be looking at getting andyf to do it. Need more info though. This is for a my99 RB5

Thanks

Ian

Turbotits 11 December 2005 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by finnie
thinking about buying an ecutek chip, can anyone tell me what the story is with licensing and remapping of this, I'd be looking at getting andyf to do it. Need more info though. This is for a my99 RB5

Thanks

Ian

Ecutek is not a chip its software to alter the o/e ecu.Andyf could supply the licence and do the remap as could many others.If your looking at buying a ecu that already has an ecutek map then its worth contacting the mapper you intend to use for a price on reflashing and mapping for your car.

Andy.F 11 December 2005 06:36 PM

The initial mapping session requires a licence to access the ECU, this is included in the price. Once the licence has been installed it remains in the ECU and is the property of the cars owner. Subsequent remapping is considerably cheaper, the licence allows up to 100 remaps.

Andy

finnie 11 December 2005 07:07 PM

Andy was hoping you would reply. I'm looking at the chip that is for sale in the for sale section. I've pm'd him but still waiting for a reply. If he is selling the chip then it should be liceneced already, so once I get the chip I would just need to book a session with you and all would be good, Is this right??

Originally Posted by Andy.F
The initial mapping session requires a licence to access the ECU, this is included in the price. Once the licence has been installed it remains in the ECU and is the property of the cars owner. Subsequent remapping is considerably cheaper, the licence allows up to 100 remaps.

Andy

Andy.F 11 December 2005 07:26 PM

I'm not aware of what your looking at for sale but it would be the complete ECU not just a chip.

If thats the case then assuming the mapper has not locked the licence (making it inaccessable by others) then yes, no problem.

Andy

finnie 11 December 2005 07:53 PM

Hmm this is sounding good then. Is £200 a good price for an ecuteked ecu which needs a new remap for my mods. How much for a remap andy and would I benefit from an electronic boost before or would a manual one be ok for now, (or even the original solenoid), just need to check that it isn't locked, and lastly.. are you free in late feb/early march (andy scoobynet/rb5oc/sidc discounts going??)Looking for about 270 and lots of torque with full decat and green panel filter and sti intercooler

Ian

Originally Posted by Andy.F
I'm not aware of what your looking at for sale but it would be the complete ECU not just a chip.

If thats the case then assuming the mapper has not locked the licence (making it inaccessable by others) then yes, no problem.

Andy

Andy.F 11 December 2005 08:33 PM

I now know the ECU you are talking about and it is not locked.
The Ecutek remap can look after the boost better than most aftermarket boost controllers, even on the OE 2 port solenoid.
YHM re prices

Andy

Johnny50 11 December 2005 09:58 PM

If it's Daves one (DRB5) then go for it. ;)

I was set to buy it, but job problems have halted my modding. :(