ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   wheres best place for remap? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/476333-wheres-best-place-for-remap.html)

rentonone 09 December 2005 06:56 PM

wheres best place for remap?

im finally goin to get my w reg classic turbo remaped but im just wondering would it be worth me gettin an uprated fuel pump and regulator to go with my full decat,ported headers,greddy up pipe and airbox mod to get a bit more power? what kind of bhp gain will i get from this do u think? also,what places do the remaps? of heard of scooby clinic doing them,is there any where else that does it near the middlands area? sorry about all the questions.any advise is well apreciated. thanks.

JIM THEO 09 December 2005 08:33 PM

I don't know the closest mappers to your area but I'd prefer known and well respected mappers as AndyF, BobR (I think recently stopped Ecutek remaps) etc even if I had to travel long distances to find them!
You pay your money and take your choices.
JIM

ZEN Performance 09 December 2005 09:42 PM

Hello!

Powerstation 09 December 2005 09:58 PM

Midlands... Ooooooooh let me think for a moment.

:idea:

How about Powerstation off the M5 at Junction 9.
We are currently doing a group buy on remaps (closing date Christmas) have had quite a few through the doors from Scoobynet over the years.
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=463410

Fuel pump can become weak so as a safety mod then yes but we can tell on the day if it's dying or not.
FPR not really necessary unless the pressure needs jacking up (unlikely)
Hate giving out bhp increases as so many things vary but I'd "expect" to see around 30bhp increase.

01684296675 if you want to talk anything over.

Andy

subarustel 10 December 2005 02:52 PM

ive used 2 different mappers so can only comment on the 2,
1. richard bulwer (if i remember rightly) works with tsl, recommended by tony cox (papa boost) if u no tony, nuf said,

2. pat, as far as i know is part of scooby clinic team.

richards map wasnt bad, but got boost creep and he had 2 remap, which he rushed and not so happy with.

pat was excellent, spent time on my car and tried a couple different things. big cheers to pat.

might try paul from zen, if he does me a nice package price.

RRH 10 December 2005 09:34 PM

Richard is excellent, Bob is excellent, AndyF and Pavlo both have stunning reputations also. Unfortunately I disagree with part of your post subarustel, hence there is a name missing from the list of mappers that I would recommend, and I don't mean PowerStation!

TonyBurns 10 December 2005 09:52 PM

Depends where you are in the country really, each region has pretty much a decent mapper in it, so not too far to travel :)

Tony

vallumlj 10 December 2005 10:35 PM

where is the best place in the south . kent/ london area

Ninnybobs 10 December 2005 11:05 PM

Bob Rawle sometimes maps from Richmond as well as Swindon

jaytc2003 11 December 2005 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by vallumlj
where is the best place in the south . kent/ london area

Simon aka JollyGreenMonster is from around Kent, he does a very good job, did mine a few weeks ago, well recommended

Andy.F 11 December 2005 06:39 PM

It depends on the ECU you are intending to use ? If by "remap" you mean a remap of your original ECU then not all of the above names have that facility.

Andy

rentonone 11 December 2005 06:50 PM

thanks for the replys. im now booked in at powerstation as part of the group buy

Stevesbluewrx 19 June 2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs
Bob Rawle sometimes maps from Richmond as well as Swindon

As in Richmond ,Surrey? If so where does he do it?

Cheers
Steve

MadMark 19 June 2006 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Powerstation
Midlands... Ooooooooh let me think for a moment.

:idea:

How about Powerstation off the M5 at Junction 9.
We are currently doing a group buy on remaps (closing date Christmas) have had quite a few through the doors from Scoobynet over the years.
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=463410

Fuel pump can become weak so as a safety mod then yes but we can tell on the day if it's dying or not.
FPR not really necessary unless the pressure needs jacking up (unlikely)
Hate giving out bhp increases as so many things vary but I'd "expect" to see around 30bhp increase.

01684296675 if you want to talk anything over.

Andy

Powerstation did a very good job on my 03 WRX - giving it 90% of it's maximum (270lb/ft) from 3-5.5K rpm. :D

SamUK 19 June 2006 03:37 PM

Zen Performance you can't go wrong.. :thumb:

andythejock01wrx 20 June 2006 06:01 PM

Does anybody do remapping in Scotland-shire ??

SamUK 20 June 2006 07:21 PM

So you mean sunny Scotland...? If yes...then Andy F :thumb:

LEUVEN 20 June 2006 07:27 PM

Would anyone be able to reccomend me somewhere to get a Power FC/AVCR mapped in the North West (Manchester and surrounding areas)?

Thanks

andythejock01wrx 21 June 2006 07:30 PM

Hey !

Where is Andy F based ? Do you mean he travels up north ? Trying to work out how he'd do "mobile" work !

What bhp could be expected from fitting a revolution centre pipe and back box and having a ecutek remap done ?

And would this reduce the lifespan of my engine ?!

ta very much. :thumb:

jaytc2003 21 June 2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by LEUVEN
Would anyone be able to reccomend me somewhere to get a Power FC/AVCR mapped in the North West (Manchester and surrounding areas)?

Thanks

hyper motorsport in hindley green, wigan can do it, also dp motorsport in warrington. Possibly prosport in stockport